The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Rivers is done. You watch him play the last two years and you see the guy cannot throw the ball anymore. He throws lazy passes now. The game at Mile High last year he has a guy open down the middle and Rivers chucks it but cannot get it as far as he needs and it is intercepted. He seems to have one of those every single game. They should trade him while there still is a market. They come out smelling like a rose the way Cincinnati did trading Palmer.
i agree 100% I don't think his arm dead but he lacked good qb coaching on his mechanics. He had success so people said why bother with his footwork and throwing motion. Now its all screwed up and his play hasn't been consistent. Lack of consistency is the symptom of bad mechanics.

Offer up Rivers to the Cardinals right now for 2 first round picks and see if they bite.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:15 AM   #27
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
i agree 100% I don't think his arm dead but he lacked good qb coaching on his mechanics. He had success so people said why bother with his footwork and throwing motion. Now its all screwed up and his play hasn't been consistent. Lack of consistency is the symptom of bad mechanics.

Offer up Rivers to the Cardinals right now for 2 first round picks and see if they bite.
I think you are correct. He has always had a terrible throwing motion and terrible mechanics and with age it has come back to get him, considering his poor mechanics he no longer has the arm to throw that way.