The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 AM   #51
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Personally I would draft a pair of RBs in this draft IF Lattimore falls to the 4th or 5th round. Lacy and Bell are my favorites in the 2nd round. Ideally, you draft a Mike, DT, or DE in the first, get Bell in the 2nd and then really set the position for years to come with Lattimore in the 5th. Not sure he will fall, but it would give the Broncos the luxury of bringing him along slowly. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a team like the Texans, Seahwaks or Vikings taking Lattimore in the draft for their future guy. Those three teams have the luxury of allowing him to sit and get healthy. Lattimore, if he can recover fully has the skillset to be a very good two way threat. If the Broncos could draft a starter early and Lattimore later, they could have the team prepped for life after Manning... Which I believe will be more of a run oriented team.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #52
Bacchus

I think there is a great chance Denver trades out of the first round.

Unless a great player drops they are moving back.

Last edited by Bacchus; 03-14-2013 at 06:09 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #53
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Personally I would draft a pair of RBs in this draft IF Lattimore falls to the 4th or 5th round. Lacy and Bell are my favorites in the 2nd round. Ideally, you draft a Mike, DT, or DE in the first, get Bell in the 2nd and then really set the position for years to come with Lattimore in the 5th. Not sure he will fall, but it would give the Broncos the luxury of bringing him along slowly. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a team like the Texans, Seahwaks or Vikings taking Lattimore in the draft for their future guy. Those three teams have the luxury of allowing him to sit and get healthy. Lattimore, if he can recover fully has the skillset to be a very good two way threat. If the Broncos could draft a starter early and Lattimore later, they could have the team prepped for life after Manning... Which I believe will be more of a run oriented team.
I think someone will grab him in the 3rd. I mean I think Denver should anyway.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #54
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Two pages in and no mention of Giovanni Bernard, I think he would be a steal in the 2nd and would be perfect in our offense.

Brian Westbrook type.
He and Hillman are very similar players. Their skillset is the same. I would not mind Gio, (drafted him in the OM Mock) but I think we need something different. My guy is still Le'Veon Bell. He can run hard and catch the ball. If he is there in the second, take him -- but I bet a team like Pittsburgh or NYG take him in the 2nd if he is available.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #55
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

I think Payton could convince him to get his act together. I would drool every time I watched him run.http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03...hael-texas-am/
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #56
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Check out this guy.

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #57
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Get Le'Veon Bell.
Is it me, or does this guy look like Knowshon?
He's a great athlete, seems to do the hurdle or spin move a lot. He's got good speed but may not have the burst of others?

I like what I see, but wondering if we already have this guy on our roster.

I should add though, he as a really good cut up the running lane.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #58
Cache Glades
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post

No.
You're right lets take another Ronnie Hillman with that pick. I'd rather have a proven vet then trust some rookie back there. Jackson is a beast
Cache Glades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #59
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Now with DRC signed. I really don't know who we are going to draft in the first round. Maybe, a MLB like T'eo or Minter, but I really want us to draft a Safety.
DRC on a 1 year deal and Bailey getting older means CB will still be a priority. I think our top pick goes there unless the BPA is a DT or DE.

MLB will wait until the second- third round probably. No one really good enough for a #1.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #60
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
DRC on a 1 year deal and Bailey getting older means CB will still be a priority. I think our top pick goes there unless the BPA is a DT or DE.

MLB will wait until the second- third round probably. No one really good enough for a #1.
I think one of our top 3 picks goes to CB, but i sincerely doubt they zero in on the position in the first round. It'll be a BPA situation, within reason of course.

Any impact player will do...though i'd stay away from running back...and id prefer that impact guy come on D
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #61
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
Is it me, or does this guy look like Knowshon?
He's a great athlete, seems to do the hurdle or spin move a lot. He's got good speed but may not have the burst of others?

I like what I see, but wondering if we already have this guy on our roster.

I should add though, he as a really good cut up the running lane.
This is going to be extraordinarily high praise, but I think he can be just as good of a player as Matt Forte in the NFL. His receiving skills and burst are not as great as him, but he can definitely carry the ball 250 times a year and get another 35-45 catches in an offense like this. He already averaged a good amount of catches a season in college with far less games.

He is hungry and has a desire to get better. He knows what he has to do to get the next level and I am confident he willl. I see some similarities to Knowshon, but I think Bell has superior strength and decisiveness hitting the hole. If Knowshon was ever healthy and could stay healthy, he would be a perfect back for this offense too. Unfortunately, I think this is the last time we will see him with the Broncos.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote