The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
extralife
Ring of Famer

even in a down market he has no reason to take 6 million a year.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #27
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

What a stupid thread. So if Dumervil agrees to less money he will be sad? Ok.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #28
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
7mil is fair for Doom. I didn't realize he made so much last year - he should be grateful, because he's not worth that. He should have seen this coming. We can get better value and I know they like Ayers.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He will make a redicules sad face!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #30
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
6 million is a total slap in the face to Dumervil. I sincerely hope that number is untrue. Dumervil is a better pure pass rusher than all but maybe 5 guys in the league. People on this board (and in general) focus too much on sack numbers alone when assessing a pass rusher's impact. Doom should at least receive money on par with Kruger.
Its a thorough Welkering if the 6 mil figure is correct. With the dead money hit they'd kill more cap space signing some hack for 2m. If the Pats reel him in it'll take off all the shine on the WW heist.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 03-13-2013 at 08:33 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #31
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

He's been able to see most of the money from his contract, including an entire year he was hurt and we got no production out of him. That's not his fault, but it highlights how he's been paid well for his time. We're on a SB run and if he wants to be part of that he should agree to a deal for less.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
Marshall Dumervil
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I haven't been on the OM since the Baltimore loss. Looks like nothing's changed, same worthless bull shlt.

Carry on.
Marshall Dumervil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #33
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Dumervil View Post
I haven't been on the OM since the Baltimore loss. Looks like nothing's changed, same worthless bull shlt.

Carry on.
Yeah what a boring two days...Lord
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #34
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
6 million is a total slap in the face to Dumervil. I sincerely hope that number is untrue. Dumervil is a better pure pass rusher than all but maybe 5 guys in the league. People on this board (and in general) focus too much on sack numbers alone when assessing a pass rusher's impact. Doom should at least receive money on par with Kruger.
I'm not sure I understand your logic? Most people figured Welker would haul in close to an eight figure average annual salary. The fact he didn't drives home the point that this is a dry market, particularly for aging vets. Doom probably isn't going to do much better than $6 million per season himself if he hits the open market (though he will probably land significant guaranteed money). Like I said in another thread, I think an ideal compromise is for Doom to cut his salary in half (from $12 million to $6 million) in exchange for having the last two years of his contract torn up and a no-franchise guarantee. He has a great chance to have a big season with Von occupying attention plus Knighton and Vickerson hogging blockers and hit FA in 2014 with a better chance to maximize his value.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #35
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
7mil is fair for Doom. I didn't realize he made so much last year - he should be grateful, because he's not worth that. He should have seen this coming. We can get better value and I know they like Ayers.
Yeah, totally. Which is why the Broncs kicked in an extra $10 mil or so in 2009 when Doom led the league on the cheap, right? I mean fair is fair.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #36
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Like I said in another thread, I think an ideal compromise is for Doom to cut his salary in half (from $12 million to $6 million) in exchange for having the last two years of his contract torn up and a no-franchise guarantee.
Lolz. You want Doom to tear up a contract that pays him $12 in exchange for one that pays him $6, because it comes with a promise not to use a franchise tag that would pay him $11?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #37
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, totally. Which is why the Broncs kicked in an extra $10 mil or so in 2009 when Doom led the league on the cheap, right? I mean fair is fair.
I'd say that was made up for when Doom didn't play a down in 2010 right after signing his big contract.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #38
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Lolz. You want Doom to tear up a contract that pays him $12 in exchange for one that pays him $6, because it comes with a promise not to use a franchise tag that would pay him $11?
Fair point on the tag part, but I suspect Doom would rather hit FA on day one of 2014 than day four of this season in a market where the top two guys got $4-5 million less than what he's making now.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #39
Agamemnon

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand your logic? Most people figured Welker would haul in close to an eight figure average annual salary. The fact he didn't drives home the point that this is a dry market, particularly for aging vets. Doom probably isn't going to do much better than $6 million per season himself if he hits the open market (though he will probably land significant guaranteed money). Like I said in another thread, I think an ideal compromise is for Doom to cut his salary in half (from $12 million to $6 million) in exchange for having the last two years of his contract torn up and a no-franchise guarantee. He has a great chance to have a big season with Von occupying attention plus Knighton and Vickerson hogging blockers and hit FA in 2014 with a better chance to maximize his value.
You don't get my logic? Dumervil > Kruger. Therefore Dumervil should be paid as much or more than Kruger. Thus 6 million is a case of extreme low-balling. Do you get my logic now?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #40
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Fair point on the tag part, but I suspect Doom would rather hit FA on day one of 2014 than day four of this season in a market where the top two guys got $4-5 million less than what he's making now.
He can do a one year deal wherever he wants.

Kruger at 8 means Doom should take no less than 9. Especially from a team that has to eat $5 million just to watch him walk away.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #41
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You don't get my logic? Dumervil > Kruger. Therefore Dumervil should be paid as much or more than Kruger. Thus 6 million is a case of extreme low-balling. Do you get my logic now?
No, because you are painfully ignorant on how FA works. First, youth/upside gets paid more than older vets. Second, the biggest FA deals are doled out the first couple of days of FA. The teams that had the cap space and desire to spend big on a pass rusher have already done so. By the time Doom hits the market (assuming he's released), interested teams are going to be bargain shopping. He's not going to get paid as much as Kruger regardless of whether or not you think he's better.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #42
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

I'm so glad Elway is in charge and running contract negotiations. After reading the Doom logic the last few days I can see why some teams just never succeed in the business end of football.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He can do a one year deal wherever he wants.

Kruger at 8 means Doom should take no less than 9. Especially from a team that has to eat $5 million just to watch him walk away.
You don't understand how FA works. The teams with the cap space and desire for a pass rusher have already spent that money. Interested teams in Doom will be bargain shopping by the time he hits the market. He ain't getting $9 million a season at this point.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #44
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

stupid to think a DE that averages 10 sacks a year isn't worth 10 mil... To say he is worth 6 mil becuse Kruger and Avril set the market is even worst. Those 2 player have nothing on Doom. Nothing. I don't see how Doom would take anything less than Krugger just got. Unless drunk Bowlen is creaming at the top of his lungs; "release the hounds!" in reference to our budget and cap, Doom will be gone.

Just watch Doom sign with a team like the Pats... and with the cap they have and defense they are putting together, how about Tamba?

I really think that if we don't at least pay him what Krugger is making (which is a substantial cut by the way), he is gone.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #45
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
You don't understand how FA works. The teams with the cap space and desire for a pass rusher have already spent that money. Interested teams in Doom will be bargain shopping by the time he hits the market. He ain't getting $9 million a season at this point.
Sorry, but guys like Jennings and SJ are still getting paid. And it has little to do with what other inferior players signed for a few days earlier.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #46
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
If the Broncos are so sure Dumervil won't get more than they're offering, why don't they just release him, and leave their offer on the table? If it's all he can really hope to get, he'll come back.
No reason to release him an earlier then needed. That way maybe a division rival already spent the money and can't fit Doom under the cap etc.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #47
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I expect Pats to jump which would be double slam ugh
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #48
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, but guys like Jennings and SJ are still getting paid. And it has little to do with what other inferior players signed for a few days earlier.
Day 2 of FA isn't over yet. If Denver holds on to Doom until the last possible second, he won't be free until day 4. Big difference in the available money. Also, Jackson is not going to get top RB money (probably why he hasn't signed anywhere yet). He'll get good money, but nearly 30 year old RBs don't get paid top positional value. Again, you're painfully ignorant about how FA works.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 03-13-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #49
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Day 2 of FA isn't over yet. If Denver holds on to Doom until the last possible second, he won't be free until day 4. Big difference in the available money. Also, Jackson is not going to get top RB money (probably why he hasn't signed anywhere yet). He'll get good money, but nearly 30 year old RBs don't get paid top positional value. Again, you're painfully ignorant about how FA works.
All Doom has to say is he's point blank not taking the offer and interested teams will start working out offers for Saturday. Not that big a deal.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #50
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
(I know I made the Dumervil memories thread because I sadly believe he is gone, but I hope not I really want to be wrong, hes a great player 3rd or 4th best player on the team.)

So what we know is

Dumervil won't be here come Friday IF he doesn't accept a 6 Million a year deal the Broncos put on the table. Unless the Broncos somehow give him the money he was going to get anyway without it really killing the cap, but the Broncos don't want to, they said 6 mil. take it or leave it.

Denver doesn't sound like they will up the offer, even though I hope they do.

If he does accept the deal, do you think he could be unhappy with the Broncos and do you think he might demand a trade? Or does he just say cut me ill let the market decide my value.

Hes a better pass rusher than Avril better player overall too, honestly Avril is like a poor mans Dumervil and he got 7 a year. I think hes much better than Kruger and he got 8 Million a year.

I really don't get the low balling of Dumervil I don't get it at all. Hes willing to take a pay cut, but half of the man's salary? After coming off a hell of a season?

How can a guy who's totally free to walk away demand a trade?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote