The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #51
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
Ice and Fire

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
John Elway hates black people.
People alway thought he liked to pass to Rod Smith and Sharpe but he was actually trying to hit them with the ball.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #52
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
MLB is probably the least important position on the defense.
Ummmm........WHAT ?!?!
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #53
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
People alway thought he liked to pass to Rod Smith and Sharpe but he was actually trying to hit them with the ball.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #54
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
...Bradley is a better player than Mays, & old man Brooking.
I'm not going to complain about this great offseason, but Stewart Bradley is terrible. Believe me. I wouldn't lie to you. Let's hope Irving or Johnson is the guy for the job, or else we land somebody in FA or the draft.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #55
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
People alway thought he liked to pass to Rod Smith and Sharpe but he was actually trying to hit them with the ball.
Remember the infamous 'Elway cross?" I hope I don't need to elaborate any further...
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #56
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm not going to complain about this great offseason, but Stewart Bradley is terrible. Believe me. I wouldn't lie to you. Let's hope Irving or Johnson is the guy for the job, or else we land somebody in FA or the draft.
This. The guy played in all 16 games last year......and had a whopping.....wait for it.....wait for it.......NINE tackles last year.

Depth signing.....sure. Let's hope he never has to see the field.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #57
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

We'll have to wait and see he got the big contract leaving Phily when he played in a 4-3. You gotta love his size, One year deal sounds fine to me. Cut him in training camp no loss.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #58
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I no I was a negative nancy about this, but you add his salary to Joe Mays and you can lock down Dansby... I love everything but this signing..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #59
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I no I was a negative nancy about this, but you add his salary to Joe Mays and you can lock down Dansby... I love everything but this signing..
The Broncos are already at ~$132M in active contracts and dead money if you cut Mays, Kuper, and Dumervil.

They're rolling with Irving.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #60
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Stewart was solid in the 4-3 he played in Philly, he was clearly miscast in the 34 in Arizona. I am not getting my hopes up, for all I know he could be the next Koutouvides. If nothing else he is a good special teamer who provides depth at a position where you can never have too much.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #61
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Stewart was solid in the 4-3 he played in Philly, he was clearly miscast in the 34 in Arizona. I am not getting my hopes up, for all I know he could be the next Koutouvides. If nothing else he is a good special teamer who provides depth at a position where you can never have too much.
He was not solid in Philly. Watch some tape. You will be shocked how bad he is at reading plays develop.

If he ends up starting next year the Broncos have ****ed up royally.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #62
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
He was not solid in Philly. Watch some tape. You will be shocked how bad he is at reading plays develop.

If he ends up starting next year the Broncos have ****ed up royally.
I guess him making the 2008 SI all pro team was based on lies then.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #63
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I guess him making the 2008 SI all pro team was based on lies then.
He was decent before he tore up his knee. Was never the same after that.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He was decent before he tore up his knee. Was never the same after that.
I don't disagree with that. Still he shouldn't have been in a 3-4 and to say he wasn't decent at all with the Eagles is a flat out lie.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #65
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't disagree with that. Still he shouldn't have been in a 3-4 and to say he wasn't decent at all with the Eagles is a flat out lie.
Define decent..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #66
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Define decent..
2008 all pro
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #67
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 1,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Ummmm........WHAT ?!?!
The Broncos played over 60% of their defensive snaps last season in Nickle and it was the MLB that was off the field on a ton of those snaps. Hell we did fairly well in D last year with old mad Brooking and Mays holding it down. Don't think we need to break the bank for that position in this D. Good DT, DE, OLB, Corners and Safeties are more important.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #68
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I guess him making the 2008 SI all pro team was based on lies then.
2008? Holy ****. I bet he was a standout in high school too.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #69
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
2008 all pro
Yup, according to Peter King. Sick good source.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #70
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
2008? Holy ****. I bet he was a standout in high school too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
He was not solid in Philly. Watch some tape. You will be shocked how bad he is at reading plays develop.

If he ends up starting next year the Broncos have ****ed up royally.
So was he in Philly during the 2008 season or not? I mean his last year he was there was 2010 and he was recovering from a ACL injury so yeah he might have sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
Yup, according to Peter King. Sick good source.
Peter King word vs your word. I mean I know my source isn't strong but, hey it's stronger then your word
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #71
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So was he in Philly during the 2008 season or not? I mean his last year he was there was 2010 and he was recovering from a ACL injury so yeah he might have sucked.
Sorry, I was speaking to his entire workload in Philly. If you want to focus on 5 years ago, when the Eagles had a top 5 defense, dream away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Peter King word vs your word. I mean I know my source isn't strong but, hey it's stronger then your word
He definitely has a better grasp on the Starbucks coffee scene than I.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #72
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
Sorry, I was speaking to his entire workload in Philly. If you want to focus on 5 years ago, when the Eagles had a top 5 defense, dream away.



He definitely has a better grasp on the Starbucks coffee scene than I.
So lets break his playing career down as a Eagle.
07 Rookie backup
08 High level solid starter
09 IR
10 Meh return from injury.
So his career as a starter was 50/50 solid vs poor. The only reason why I have to even talk about Bradley in the first place is to point out to you that he wasn't bad like you clam. He should be a SP team guy for us with the outside chance that he can return to form and play in the 4-3 system he was made for.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #73
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So lets break his playing career down as a Eagle.
07 Rookie backup
08 High level solid starter
09 IR
10 Meh return from injury.
So his career as a starter was 50/50 solid vs poor. The only reason why I have to even talk about Bradley in the first place is to point out to you that he wasn't bad like you clam. He should be a SP team guy for us with the outside chance that he can return to form and play in the 4-3 system he was made for.
One decent year out of 4 IS BAD. And what kind of gorilla math are you using to say 1/4 = 50%. That's not even taking into account his time in Arizona.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #74
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
One decent year out of 4 IS BAD. And what kind of gorilla math are you using to say 1/4 = 50%. That's not even taking into account his time in Arizona.
You are right he should be docked for being a back up as a rookie and the year he was on IR.

Of course his time at Arizona has zero effect on his play when he started at Philly when you clearly stated you are judging his body of work as a member of the Eagles. Like I said the years he started (meaning he stepped on the damn football field) he had one good year and one poor year.

On December 23, 2007 Bradley had his first sack, and first interception in an Eagles win over the New Orleans Saints in the Superdome. Bradley finished with six tackles, one sack and one interception. During the game, he also essentially single handedly stopped the Saints from scoring from inside the five-yard line four plays in a row. Bradley became the first player in NFL history to start in his first NFL game and make his first interception and first sack at the same time.

In 2007, Bradley was a solid reserve linebacker and key special teams performer in his rookie campaign, finishing 2nd on the team in special teams tackles (17) and 3rd in special teams production points (257).

Can you dig up info from his rookie year that suggested that he was a poor player?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #75
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You are right he should be docked for being a back up as a rookie and the year he was on IR.

Of course his time at Arizona has zero effect on his play when he started at Philly when you clearly stated you are judging his body of work as a member of the Eagles. Like I said the years he started (meaning he stepped on the damn football field) he had one good year and one poor year.

On December 23, 2007 Bradley had his first sack, and first interception in an Eagles win over the New Orleans Saints in the Superdome. Bradley finished with six tackles, one sack and one interception. During the game, he also essentially single handedly stopped the Saints from scoring from inside the five-yard line four plays in a row. Bradley became the first player in NFL history to start in his first NFL game and make his first interception and first sack at the same time.

In 2007, Bradley was a solid reserve linebacker and key special teams performer in his rookie campaign, finishing 2nd on the team in special teams tackles (17) and 3rd in special teams production points (257).

Can you dig up info from his rookie year that suggested that he was a poor player?
JC man. Are you being serious at this point? OK, you can have his rookie year as being a "good" year. He had all those great accomplishments as reserve. So 2 out of 6 years of service were "good". Got you up to 33%. Congrats.

I guess all those bad memories I have as an Eagle fan are imaginary. But you go ahead and keep cherry picking positives and discarding any negatives you find.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Denver Broncos