The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #26
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
His value is low since he hasn't seen the field. I would say he's worth less today than where he was drafted.
I would, and most of the talking heads would, disagree. The QB class this year is poop in a plastic bag. Twilight at least spent one year under Manning. Most suspect that if he had come out this year he would be the first QB picked. That being said, I see your point... he saw little action last year... but still, he trained, he worked, he learned last year. He has to be a bit more mature this year than last year and that is worth something.

I think that a lot of NFL teams would take a decent college QB after he got to spend a year behind one of the all time best mental QBs. But then again, I might be wrong. But still, I might be right. Who will ever know?

Are you there God? Do you know?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I would, and most of the talking heads would, disagree. The QB class this year is poop in a plastic bag. Twilight at least spent one year under Manning. Most suspect that if he had come out this year he would be the first QB picked. That being said, I see your point... he saw little action last year... but still, he trained, he worked, he learned last year. He has to be a bit more mature this year than last year and that is worth something.

I think that a lot of NFL teams would take a decent college QB after he got to spend a year behind one of the all time best mental QBs. But then again, I might be wrong. But still, I might be right. Who will ever know?

Are you there God? Do you know?
Based on PMs previous pre-season games we will see a LOT of Oz this pre-season. Then we will know if he has developed or sat pat . Right now his trade value is less than what we spent, and the only ones that have any REAL idea of his value are the Denver coaches ( and SDs head coach, McCoy). Assuming the coaches think he has developed, and based on where we drafted him he probably is not going anywhere. It screws up "the plan" to
have him replace Manning when he retires , which is 2 years out ( probably).

If Denver drafts a QB higher than 4th this year then it might indicate that there is a potential problem with Oz.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #28
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Would be idiotic to trade Brock. Not only would it have been a wasted pick for last year, but when Manning does hang em up who is going to take over? Continuation my friend! That's going to be key in our system.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #29
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I understand the connection between Brock and the nickname Twilight, but I do find it ironic that "Twilight" would be the nickname for the second youngest QB in the NFL.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #30
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Some of these threads lately...

I doubt Brock is going anywhere anytime soon. We trade him...then have to sign a new backup or draft one, which would be a further waste because that pick would just sit behind Manning for the next few years.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote