The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #76
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. Denver is not "very weak" at receiver. Lets not go all hyperbole here. Yes, we dont have great depth, but when your starters are Thomas and Decker, you're not "very weak." The Minnesota Vikings right now are "very weak" at receiver.

And yes, I dont think anyone would deny that Greg Jennings would be amazing in Denver. he's incredibly talented and versatile. He's also going to be incredibly expensive, so you have to weigh the pros and cons of that. You can make some good depth signings, and the Broncos offense, one that put up like 30 points a game last year, can keep chugging. Or you can try to add Jennings and be something special on offense, while shirking the D a bit. I dunno, maybe they can find a way to have their cake and eat it too.
I said VERY Weak and then clariffied the statement saying Denver had no depth. Would you aregue with that? Willis, Caldwell anyone?

The I even explained how Jennings would add to the depth of the team. Slow down and finish reading the post before you start typing your reply.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #77
Drek
Ring of Famer

I've said since we drafted him that I think Decker would be a great slot WR. He's got small guy mobility in a big guy's body. His short area quickness and agility are better than his top end speed (which is still pretty good), and he's not afraid to go over the middle. In the slot he'd be a match up nightmare.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #78
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

My sister would be absolutely crushed if this happened.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #79
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I meet Jennings at a golf tournament last summer. I was wearing a Bronco hat. He was holding the door open for me and a few other people to go through. When he saw my hat he said "Man, I should crush you with this door". That aside he was a pretty cool guy.

If we pick him up I hope he works out better then the last GB receiver we picked up.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #80
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just FYI before anyone gets excited... It seems that the Troy Miller dude who originally tweeted this isn't really an "insider" or anything:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...for-lunch-lard

Quote:
Here's another guy, who is masquerading as a Broncos "insider" by repackaging info as his own all day, and passing along incorrect info at times. He had tricked me the other day into thinking D.J. Williams had a roster bonus due, but that was utter bull****. When I politely asked him for a link, he not only failed to respond, but unfollowed me (don't care about losing a follower; it says a lot about his trustworthiness). Unless you like blatant misinformation sprinkled into unattributed news stolen from real sources, I recommend you block his ass.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #81
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

/end thread
JCMElway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #82
jerseyboiler120

The last time we brought in a GB WR castoff it had limited upside. When Jennings came back from injury last season did he crush it? No. He had 1 standout game after. GB was using other WR much more. That means something.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #83
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I said VERY Weak and then clariffied the statement saying Denver had no depth. Would you aregue with that? Willis, Caldwell anyone?

The I even explained how Jennings would add to the depth of the team. Slow down and finish reading the post before you start typing your reply.
Not nearly as weak as New England. Check out their depth chart after they release Brandon Lloyd in the next day or two:

Kamar Aiken
Jeremy Ebert
Andre Holmes
Matthew Slater

YIKES
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #84
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
GB was using other WR much more. That means something.
Kind of like the Pats benching Welker most of the beginning of last year.....
Old 03-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #85
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Not nearly as weak as New England. Check out their depth chart after they release Brandon Lloyd in the next day or two:

Kamar Aiken
Jeremy Ebert
Andre Holmes
Matthew Slater

YIKES
Well, I know Caldwell and Willis suck. I don't know any of those guys!!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #86
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, I know Caldwell and Willis suck. I don't know any of those guys!!
It's embarrassing how little they have, even if they kept Lloyd. I laugh every time I hear people say that the Pats have all the leverage in the negotiations with Welker. Sure they do. If they don't mind relying solely on the MASH unit at TE and don't bother fielding any WRs at all.

They need Welker, and with all their targets at WR recently signed elsewhere, they're gonna have to pay.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #87
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
Just FYI before anyone gets excited... It seems that the Troy Miller dude who originally tweeted this isn't really an "insider" or anything...
This never made any sense from the beginning. Now we know why.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #88
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Troy Miller ‏@TheTroyMiller

The Denver Broncos and have contacted the agent for free agent WR Greg Jennings. #NFL #Broncos
Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #89
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Jennings is obviously a great player, but the decker hate here is unfounded. Not putting it all in? Cause of that ONE play where he slid? He grew by leaps and bounds this year...tough crowd
You beat me to it - I don't know what else to say to those others except they are some big time F'n morons. He's not going to "put all in". I mean, wtf is that anyway. What, he's not going to play his hardest because he's white? Good looking?

Hmm, just watched his 2012-2013 highlights and I see nothing but a ton of effort and toughness from him. Just watch the first 2 plays on the highlight if you don't have time and I think both plays clearly show he's "putting all in". So if you don't think so then go F yourself MF'in losers.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #90
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Decker has his moments, but how much do you think he's going to want to re-sign in 2014? Too much.

The fact is, the Broncos need someone who can stretch the field on the right side, and beat his man consistently one-on-one. Decker ain't that. He would be better in the slot.

The pick 6 in the playoff game is on him.
There was this part of the play called interference. The DB pulled down his arm. What, it's his fault for not making a 1 handed catch when the DB is pulling the other arm down? Well sir, with that comment, you are now officially part of the club.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #91
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You beat me to it - I don't know what else to say to those others except they are some big time F'n morons. He's not going to "put all in". I mean, wtf is that anyway. What, he's not going to play his hardest because he's white? Good looking?

Hmm, just watched his 2012-2013 highlights and I see nothing but a ton of effort and toughness from him. Just watch the first 2 plays on the highlight if you don't have time and I think both plays clearly show he's "putting all in". So if you don't think so then go F yourself MF'in losers.
I agree, Decker was nails this year minus two or three plays. He made a lot of tough catches and he did well running after the catch.