The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #51
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Well, that negates the 13 TDs for sure.
I like Decker and hope he is around for a long time, just pointing out that he did it more than once.

I think going after a guy like Jennings is more about depth and rotation than replacing guys. Fox seems to like to rotate a lot of guys in. I would rather see Jennings and Decker (even Stokely) being rotated in than Willis and Caldwell.

Plus guys get hurt. You need depth for a SB run.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Reports are that Jennings turned down a $10mil/year offer from Greenbay.

If that is true....adios!!!
If that's true fogetaboutit.

Still think WR has to be a target during the Peyton window. We're a D.T. injury away from being completely screwed in terms of a vertical receiving threat.

Still would be perfectly happy if this guy is there at 28 and we pull the trigger.

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #53
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Jennings is obviously a great player, but the decker hate here is unfounded. Not putting it all in? Cause of that ONE play where he slid? He grew by leaps and bounds this year...tough crowd

Decker clearly must catch a ball, break his leg in two places and hang on to the football. Or he can GTFO.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #54
extralife
Ring of Famer

Not interested.

Decker hate is dumb. People around here randomly start hating all of our players during the offseason. Decker was second in the NFL in TD receptions and he doesn't yet make any money. You guys are insane.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #55
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Yeah, to hell with those 85 catches and 13 TDs he had last season. He's a total liability cause he slipped one time
Has not as much to do with his open-field bed-shiatting as it does his consistently high (and nearly league-leading) rate of dropped passes. Decker's production would be instantly replaced and upgraded by Greg Jennings.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #56
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Decker would be lethal as a slot WR, and I think the Brincos brass know this too.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #57
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Has not as much to do with his open-field bed-shiatting as it does his consistently high (and nearly league-leading) rate of dropped passes. Decker's production would be instantly replaced and upgraded by Greg Jennings.
He does need to improve on the drops, that's true. But you can't ignore the great production last season. His 85 catches and 13 TDs (2nd in the league) both top Jennings' career highs. Anyway, I doubt if Jennings signed it would be replace Decker. They'd probably move him to the slot and run a lot of three WR sets.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 03-12-2013 at 07:17 PM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #58
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Greg Jennings would be insanely awesome if the Broncos got him. I just don't know how the Broncos can manage his salary demands.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #59
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
He does need to improve on the drops, that's true. But you can't ignore the great production last season. Anyway, I doubt if Jennings signed it would be replace Decker. They'd probably move him to the slot and run a lot of three WR sets.
Decker was second worst in the league in dropped passes with Tebow. With Manning he was fifth worst. So I guess he's improving.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #60
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Greg Jennings would be insanely awesome if the Broncos got him. I just don't know how the Broncos can manage his salary demands.
We have the $14 Mill in carryover, wonder if they'd cut a deal to a big name like that for a year hoping to get the ring.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #61
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

The Broncos need a better clutch WR on the outside, that's for sure.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #62
jerseyboiler120

Jennings too old already. GB has been a cradle for WR since the Favre days. If they're willing to let one of them go, pay attention.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The Broncos need a better clutch WR on the outside, that's for sure.
I sometimes think me and you watch diff games
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #64
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Jennings too old already. GB has been a cradle for WR since the Favre days. If they're willing to let one of them go, pay attention.
If its true that they offered him 10 mil a year, I'm not sure the above is true
Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #65
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Why is ANYONE hating on Decker? Why not use 3 Quality WR's?

OMG, you guys are losing it. Those three guys are going to be matchup nightmares with Manning at QB. Decker and Jennings can and would be able to play the Slot. And, it would open up the trips formations for Manning and Almost gaurantee one on one's on the weakside.

Get a prolific receiving TE to go with that in the draft.....you do the math
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #66
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

OMG, you guys are losing it. Those three guys are going to be matchup nightmares with Manning at QB. Decker and Jennings can and would be able to play the Slot. And, it would open up the trips formations for Manning and Almost gaurantee one on one's on the weakside.

The odd optimist in me still thinks/hopes Julius Thomas can be that guy. Its strange, im not optimistic about anything in life other than the broncos.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #67
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I sometimes think me and you watch diff games
Decker has his moments, but how much do you think he's going to want to re-sign in 2014? Too much.

The fact is, the Broncos need someone who can stretch the field on the right side, and beat his man consistently one-on-one. Decker ain't that. He would be better in the slot.

The pick 6 in the playoff game is on him.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #68
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

we already have that TE who is going to beast mode this season. VIRGIL GREEN! i would be happy to see us take a shot on Amendola or Edelman to give us a good looking 3 wide look. Decker and DT out wide with one of those 2 on the inside would be beastly.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #69
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Are the Broncos seriously interested in every free agent? Or is this Elway just doing his due diligence.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #70
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Decker has his moments, but how much do you think he's going to want to re-sign in 2014? Too much.

The fact is, the Broncos need someone who can stretch the field on the right side, and beat his man consistently one-on-one. Decker ain't that. He would be better in the slot.

The Pick Six in the playoff game? He was interefered with! Horribly!

Seriously, we watch different games. I'm convinced.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #71
SlyEli

Quote:

Yeah screw him for getting interfered with and the refs not calling it!! Blame decker!!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #72
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Better than decker
Way more expensive too.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #73
Bacchus

Quote:
Jennings is obviously a great player, but the decker hate here is unfounded. Not putting it all in? Cause of that ONE play where he slid? He grew by leaps and bounds this year...tough crowd
There is no reason for any Decker hate. He had a tremendous year. That being said Denver is very weak at WR, they have no depth. Bringing in Jenning would be a terrific move. Decker could play the slot than DT, Decker, Jennings and Stokley all would not have to play as much.

I saw several times last year where Decker and Thomas got dinged pretty hard in the games but they never left for more than a couple of plays.

Bringing in Jennings would be a huge coup for this team, and I believe he would be the Broncos biggest signing.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #74
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
There is no reason for any Decker hate. He had a tremendous year. That being said Denver is very weak at WR, they have no depth. Bringing in Jenning would be a terrific move. Decker could play the slot than DT, Decker, Jennings and Stokley all would not have to play as much.

I saw several times last year where Decker and Thomas got dinged pretty hard in the games but they never left for more than a couple of plays.

Bringing in Jennings would be a huge coup for this team, and I believe he would be the Broncos biggest signing.
Whoa whoa whoa. Denver is not "very weak" at receiver. Lets not go all hyperbole here. Yes, we dont have great depth, but when your starters are Thomas and Decker, you're not "very weak." The Minnesota Vikings right now are "very weak" at receiver.

And yes, I dont think anyone would deny that Greg Jennings would be amazing in Denver. he's incredibly talented and versatile. He's also going to be incredibly expensive, so you have to weigh the pros and cons of that. You can make some good depth signings, and the Broncos offense, one that put up like 30 points a game last year, can keep chugging. Or you can try to add Jennings and be something special on offense, while shirking the D a bit. I dunno, maybe they can find a way to have their cake and eat it too.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #75
extralife
Ring of Famer

I like how people are saying we need a guy like Greg Jennings because we need "depth" at wide receiver. Yeah, great, that's some nice 10 million a year "depth." With our two current starters looking to get money in a year or two.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote