The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #151
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well according to your logic we shouldn't want either. Too expensive. We should bring back Kyle Orton on the cheap so we have the money to sign other players.
Believe it or not, that's not my 'logic'. I never argued that it was between either Peyton Manning or the team janitor.

Question stands... would you rather have Peyton at $20 or Rodgers at $10?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #152
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Oh, and back to this point for a moment. Flacco's cap charge for 2013 is $6.8 million (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...2013-and-2014/), well below market value for a starting QB, let alone a QB who just won the SB. In short, they are not letting Kruger and others walk because of Flacco's new deal.
Kruger's a FA, not on contract. He leaves no dead cap hit behind. He's going to get a multiyear deal, so what Flacco's cap hit this year is isn't all that relevant. And like others pointed out, Kruger's no Doom.

Plus the Ravens are officially moving towards rebuild. They got the trophy we wanted, and now they have to look at the Rayless future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #153
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It's gonna be interesting to see Rogers new contract. I'm guessing he will ask for around 22 per
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #154
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I ask again, what is the alternative for a team with a franchise QB with an expiring contract? Would New Orleans have been better off starting Chase Daniels and spreading around the money they gave to Brees? Is that really your argument?
You gonna answer this, Beavis?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #155
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Kruger's a FA, not on contract. He leaves no dead cap hit behind. He's going to get a multiyear deal, so what Flacco's cap hit this year is isn't all that relevant. And like others pointed out, Kruger's no Doom.

Plus the Ravens are officially moving towards rebuild. They got the trophy we wanted, and now they have to look at the Rayless future.
If Baltimore were planning a rebuild, they would have given Flacco the non-exclusive tag and let someone like Cleveland sign him, therefore netting them two 1st rounders to rebuild with.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #156
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You gonna answer this, Beavis?
Not sure how to answer. Peyton draining PB's wallet dry is hurting our Lombardi chances, therefore the Saints should cut Drew Brees and start a towel boy?

non
sequitur
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #157
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Not sure how to answer. Peyton draining PB's wallet dry is hurting our Lombardi chances, therefore the Saints should cut Drew Brees and start a towel boy?

non
sequitur
Nice attempt at spin, coward. You've been arguing that paying QBs top dollar drains from other resources, implying that those teams would be better off with cheaper options at QB so they can spread the money around. Is that what you believe, or isn't it?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #158
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Nice attempt at spin, coward. You've been arguing that paying QBs top dollar drains from other resources, implying that those teams would be better off with cheaper options at QB so they can spread the money around. Is that what you believe, or isn't it?
I think the difference between "competitive" salary and "highest" eludes you.

Your straw man would argue that having no QB on the team would be best. Rational people see that VALUE (what you get for what you pay) is more important.

You gonna answer for me? $20 for PM or $10 for Rodgers. Which would you pick?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #159
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think the difference between "competitive" salary and "highest" eludes you.

Your straw man would argue that having no QB on the team would be best. Rational people see that VALUE (what you get for what you pay) is more important.
The problem with your argument is the demand for quality QBs grossly exceeds the supply. Therefore, there are rarely "values" to be had. Take Baltimore, for instance. I'm not a big Flacco fan and don't think he deserves the contract he got. But what was Baltimore's alternative? Pay a 1st plus another pick for Alex Smith (only way to trump KCs 34th overall pick)? Who else of any "value" is out there?

Quote:
You gonna answer for me? $20 for PM or $10 for Rodgers. Which would you pick?
No one has that (or any comparable) option, so it's a pointless question. You think Rogers is going to sign for $10 million a season when his deal's up in the next year or two? I guess the Packers should let him walk and go value shopping

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 03-12-2013 at 01:55 PM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #160
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
The problem with your argument is the demand for quality QBs grossly exceeds the supply. Therefore, there are rarely "values" to be had. Take Baltimore, for instance. I'm not a big Flacco fan and don't think he deserves the contract he got. But what was Baltimore's alternative? Pay a 1st plus another pick for Alex Smith (only way to trump KCs 34th overall pick)? Who else of any "value" is out there?

No one has that (or any comparable) option, so it's a pointless question. You think Rogers is going to sign for $10 million as season when his deal's up in the next year or two? I guess the Packers should let him walk and go value shopping
I'm not indicting the team for PM's salary. Once you're in on a decision like this, you're all in. I just wish PM would take a cue from other former and current ATG's nearing the end who restructured to make room for other talent on the roster. Did he come back to cash in, or to win one more title? That's on him.

What's on the team is not squeezing every last dime of cap during this all-or-nothing run, worrying instead about Pat Bowlen's Scotch Budget Envelope..

As for me, here's to hoping Elway gets some sticker shock while DE shopping these next few days and comes back to his senses.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #161
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Rappoport now saying Dumervil has changed his stance and is open to a paycut, hopefully
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #162
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,430

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Rappoport now saying Dumervil has changed his stance and is open to a paycut, hopefully
Yeah, cuz he realized he's not getting close to 12 mil on the open market
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #163
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, cuz he realized he's not getting close to 12 mil on the open market
Or doesn't want to go to a crappy team for just big bucks.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #164
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,464

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

I'm guessing Kruger getting only 8 mil a year impacted Doom's decision a bit.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #165
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Or doesn't want to go to a crappy team for just big bucks.
No, because Kruger just set the market. Cleveland had a ton of cap room, and didn't completely overpay for Kruger. Doom would get a similar contract.

Like I said in another post, the FO is playing chicken with Doom and his agent, this is why.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #166
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
I'm guessing Kruger getting only 8 mil a year impacted Doom's decision a bit.
If it helps I'm glad the browns did that. Hopefully they can come to an agreement
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #167
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,486
Default

Hopefully Doom makes more Denver bronco memories.......................................... ................................
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #168
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,769

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Or doesn't want to go to a crappy team for just big bucks.
Lets just hope they work something out so everyone wins.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #169
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I hope it can get worked out. I'm not too excited about changing this team very much at all. In a great many ways this will be the 2nd season for this team and coaching staff to be together on both sides of the ball (obviously some changes have already occurred). The team did far better than most people predicted at the beginning of the season and have a serious axe to grind. I'd rather see a DE who has a chip over the baltimore debacle than a new guy coming in who doesn't have that painful experience to motivate the season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #170
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
I'm guessing Kruger getting only 8 mil a year impacted Doom's decision a bit.
i'm guessing more than a little bit.
Kruger was considered by most to be the best pass rusher on the market and him only getting 8 mil shows it's a tough market. teams just don't have the money to spend and only Wallace is breaking the bank.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #171
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lets just hope they work something out so everyone wins.
please!


Last edited by Heyneck; 03-12-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #172
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm guessing more than a little bit.
Kruger was considered by most to be the best pass rusher on the market and him only getting 8 mil shows it's a tough market. teams just don't have the money to spend and only Wallace is breaking the bank.
I didn't get all the love for Kruger. 4 years in the league. Rode pine for most of 2, averaging 7 sacks the two years he's started. He's not a premier pass rusher by any stretch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #173
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,696
Default

Remember how people were saying the Broncos would be idiots for letting Elvis go because he'd totally get 10-12 mil on the open market? Remember that?

Heady times, bros.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #174
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Remember how people were saying the Broncos would be idiots for letting Elvis go because he'd totally get 10-12 mil on the open market? Remember that?

Heady times, bros.
I'm thinking his "pay cut" is from 12 to 10
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #175
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'm thinking his "pay cut" is from 12 to 10
I'd think they could've already made that happen so long as they guaranteed $30 over 3. Sounded like they wanted a deeper cut.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Denver Broncos