The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #76
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
No one is trading even a 7th for Doom when his base salary is $12 million. He'll get an eight figure guarantee on the open market, but his base salaries aren't going to be close to that.
No crap. Which was my point that he will make less money for his new team. If no other team is willing to pay him what he is making then why should we?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #77
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Thats huge.
Hes gone.
Yup and yup. From both a cash perspective and a cap perspective it's big $$$ that can be used for other things. I'll only be annoyed if they "overpay" for a guy like Freeney.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #78
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You do realize that we are more then likely cutting Doom right?. So any pick is better then zero picks if we do.
Not necessarily.

The goal here is clearly to play contractual chicken with Doom and hope to get an 11th hour restructure out of him. If not they wouldn't have even broached the subject and would just cut/trade him.

If they want to run the clock out trying to work a deal with Doom they can't trade him. If the best they can pull back is a 6th or 7th rounder it likely simply isn't worth the effort, as Doom blinking is a HUGE win for them.

Not to mention that this is by far the most high volume work period for the FO, assembling their draft board while targeting free agents. Remember last year when only recently hired Jack Del Rio was left to court Jameel McClain because everyone else was busy with the full court Manning press? You act like this FO has proven themselves capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time when they clearly haven't been able to do so previously.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #79
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup and yup. From both a cash perspective and a cap perspective it's big $$$ that can be used for other things. I'll only be annoyed if they "overpay" for a guy like Freeney.
I know some guys like florio are saying that Bush is going to DET, but he is only speculating with no real proof whatsoever.
I actually think DEN is gonna make a push for Bush with that extra money, and bring in Freeney on the cheap.
Elway is in win-now mode. Its all or nothing, now or never.
Just my 2 cents.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #80
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Bush is similar to Hillman in terms of role. We need a bigger back that can block. Supposedly Mendenhal is not a good blocker.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #81
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Bush is similar to Hillman in terms of role. We need a bigger back that can block. Supposedly Mendenhal is not a good blocker.
Except Bush can catch and runs tight routes. That's the big skill set Manning needs out of the backfield. Steven Jackson would be preferable, but Bush is a solid second option.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #82
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,385

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I know some guys like florio are saying that Bush is going to DET, but he is only speculating with no real proof whatsoever.
I actually think DEN is gonna make a push for Bush with that extra money, and bring in Freeney on the cheap.
Elway is in win-now mode. Its all or nothing, now or never.
Just my 2 cents.
Well word out is that we ain't interested. Local writers seem to think that to a certainty, and then there is this:

Quote:
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

Regarding the Broncos interest in Reggie Bush, aint happening. No interest. That's no on Revis and no on Bush.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #83
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Bush is similar to Hillman in terms of role. We need a bigger back that can block. Supposedly Mendenhal is not a good blocker.
Clearly you did not watch Bush run in MIA.
He has proven to be an inside-the-tackles runner with excellent durability.
And he can break it outside, catch out of the backfield, and is pretty good in pass pro. He also has been an extremely mature mentor for many in MIA, which has been really impressive as well.
One of the issues many fans of DEN have is what they specifically want the team to do. What that specific fan like yourself wants the team to do is plug PLAYER A into OPEN POSTION B and problem solved.
I get it. I have NEVER advocated going after Bush. EVER. Not when he was a FA a few years ago, and not now.
However, his abilites are exactly what the Manning offense is perfectly suited for. A RB that is good at running in between-the-tackles, can block in pass pro, and most importantly, can catch out of the backfield and make electric plays down field. There is no better RB in the entire NFL better at catching the ball than Reggie Bush. NONE. He is lined up in the slot all the time, which causes opposing defenses all kinds of trouble.
I could see how a Fo could see having him paired with Manning makes the offense a complete nightmare for opposing defenses.
I just have a suspicion, and i could be totally wrong, that this might be what the FO in DEN is trying to do. Just my 2 cents.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #84
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Well word out is that we ain't interested. Local writers seem to think that to a certainty, and then there is this:
1st. That could be pure smokescreen crap. We have NO idea.
By the end of the day, Revis could be a Bronco man.
No one including Vic, whos been more WRONG than right, has any idea what Elway and Co are doing.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #85
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,978
Default

Doom will be lucky to get half of what he is scheduled to make with the broncos per year in free agency. He should just offer to cut his salary in half now and stay with the broncos.

You could blame this on McDaniels overpaying Doom with a blue-chipper contract for only one year of blue-chipper performance (when he had the 17 sacks as a 3-4 LB).
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #86
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,385

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Clearly you did not watch Bush run in MIA.
He has proven to be an inside-the-tackles runner with excellent durability.
And he can break it outside, catch out of the backfield, and is pretty good in pass pro. He also has been an extremely mature mentor for many in MIA, which has been really impressive as well.
One of the issues many fans of DEN have is what they specifically want the team to do. What that specific fan like yourself wants the team to do is plug PLAYER A into OPEN POSTION B and problem solved.
I get it. I have NEVER advocated going after Bush. EVER. Not when he was a FA a few years ago, and not now.
However, his abilites are exactly what the Manning offense is perfectly suited for. A RB that is good at running in between-the-tackles, can block in pass pro, and most importantly, can catch out of the backfield and make electric plays down field. There is no better RB in the entire NFL better at catching the ball than Reggie Bush. NONE. He is lined up in the slot all the time, which causes opposing defenses all kinds of trouble.
I could see how a Fo could see having him paired with Manning makes the offense a complete nightmare for opposing defenses.
I just have a suspicion, and i could be totally wrong, that this might be what the FO in DEN is trying to do. Just my 2 cents.
That parts in bold are lies. Bush is really below average a pass blocking (he is not a pass protector, but he can chip in), and always looks like he gets nicked up (just this seasons, he got injured in week 3 that bothered him for the rest of the season).
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #87
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,385

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Doom will be lucky to get half of what he is scheduled to make with the broncos per year in free agency. He should just offer to cut his salary in half now and stay with the broncos.

You could blame this on McDaniels overpaying Doom with a blue-chipper contract for only one year of blue-chipper performance (when he had the 17 sacks as a 3-4 LB).
Lol... If I could I would bet the mortgage that he makes 10+ mil per year with his new team.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #88
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
That parts in bold are lies. Bush is really below average a pass blocking (he is not a pass protector, but he can chip in), and always looks like he gets nicked up (just this seasons, he got injured in week 3 that bothered him for the rest of the season).
Smoking cocaine will do this. ^
Week 3 vs NYJ. Bush averaged 6.1 yards a carry on 10 carries. And was the only time he went out of a game with a MINOR knee issue.
Never missed one game all season. And has never looked like he was knicked up.
Sorry, but thats pure BS. He was MIA best player last year on a crap team with a rookie QB. Good try though with the LIES.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #89
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Clearly you did not watch Bush run in MIA.
He has proven to be an inside-the-tackles runner with excellent durability.
And he can break it outside, catch out of the backfield, and is pretty good in pass pro. He also has been an extremely mature mentor for many in MIA, which has been really impressive as well.
One of the issues many fans of DEN have is what they specifically want the team to do. What that specific fan like yourself wants the team to do is plug PLAYER A into OPEN POSTION B and problem solved.
I get it. I have NEVER advocated going after Bush. EVER. Not when he was a FA a few years ago, and not now.
However, his abilites are exactly what the Manning offense is perfectly suited for. A RB that is good at running in between-the-tackles, can block in pass pro, and most importantly, can catch out of the backfield and make electric plays down field. There is no better RB in the entire NFL better at catching the ball than Reggie Bush. NONE. He is lined up in the slot all the time, which causes opposing defenses all kinds of trouble.
I could see how a Fo could see having him paired with Manning makes the offense a complete nightmare for opposing defenses.
I just have a suspicion, and i could be totally wrong, that this might be what the FO in DEN is trying to do. Just my 2 cents.
Hahaha, numbnuts like you are why it's worthless to post here in the off season. You think you have a clue as to what a fan like me wants for the Broncos. My wants and what I look at as reality of the situation are two different things. I would want SJax or Reggie Bush. Reality of the situation, the Broncos prefer a bigger back that is under 28, thus the speculation on Mendenhal and Greene.

Like I said, I prefer to understand the situation as opposed to saying I think the team should sign Mike Wallace because he is so super duper. Never mind the fact that Manning wouldn't be able to get the ball deep to him. You should try looking at things from a reality perspective as opposed to a fandom perspective. I am sure 99% of Broncos fans would love to see a player as dynamic as Reggie Bush on the team, myself included. But it appears the Broncos feel they have the same type player in Hillman, thus the lack of interest.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #90
TerrElway
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 528
Default

Doom's agent has asked for his release today by 2 if they can't come to an agreement. We will see the acrimony level of this deal if the Broncos refuse to let him go until Saturday when they need to.

So does it change anyone's opinion of this if the FO came in with an offer that reduced his cap number and added an extra year or two and the Doom camp said "**** you. Give us our money or let him go"? What if Doom's agent is the one being a complete dick and not the Broncos?
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #91
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Lol... If I could I would bet the mortgage that he makes 10+ mil per year with his new team.
For the love of god man just because your average salary says you make 10 million dollars does NOT mean you will get it. The only way he really makes 10+ per year is with guaranteed money. He will be cut again before he sees 10 million dollar year. Teams would be lining up to trade for him if this was the case so they wouldn't have to pay him 10 million dollars plus after this season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #92
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,385

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Smoking cocaine will do this. ^
Week 3 vs NYJ. Bush averaged 6.1 yards a carry on 10 carries. And was the only time he went out of a game with a MINOR knee issue.
Never missed one game all season. And has never looked like he was knicked up.
Sorry, but thats pure BS. He was MIA best player last year on a crap team with a rookie QB. Good try though with the LIES.
^This is what happens when you are too far someone's ass.

Quote:
But Miami’s rushing attack and Bush’s role in the offense have declined ever since he suffered a left knee injury just before halftime against the New York Jets in Week 3. The Dolphins have not rushed for 100 yards in any of the five games since then while Bush has gained just 232 yards on 3.2 yards per carry, dropping him to 17th in the NFL with 534 yards rushing.

Bush did have an electric 18-yard touchdown run against Indianapolis on Sunday but rushed just 10 times overall for 41 yards. And for the second straight game, second-year running back Daniel Thomas played more snaps than Bush. In the rematch against the Jets, Thomas played 41 snaps to Bush’s 20, and against the Colts it was 33 for Thomas and 28 for Bush.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...ng-time/nSzpK/

If he was having such a good season, why did his production dip after it? Want me to look up his time in NO? He got nicked up a lot there too. I am not saying he ain't worth a look, or that he lacks talent. Just that he is hugely overrated.

Last edited by Heyneck; 03-12-2013 at 07:53 AM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #93
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,385

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
For the love of god man just because your average salary says you make 10 million dollars does NOT mean you will get it. The only way he really makes 10+ per year is with guaranteed money. He will be cut again before he sees 10 million dollar year. Teams would be lining up to trade for him if this was the case so they wouldn't have to pay him 10 million dollars plus after this season.
We will see. Doom will make 10 mil per year and Freeney 6 mil. We will find soon enough.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #94
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
We will see. Doom will make 10 mil per year and Freeney 6 mil. We will find soon enough.
Doom will not make 10 mill this year just like Freeney will not make 6 million.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #95
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Hahaha, numbnuts like you are why it's worthless to post here in the off season. You think you have a clue as to what a fan like me wants for the Broncos. My wants and what I look at as reality of the situation are two different things. I would want SJax or Reggie Bush. Reality of the situation, the Broncos prefer a bigger back that is under 28, thus the speculation on Mendenhal and Greene.

Like I said, I prefer to understand the situation as opposed to saying I think the team should sign Mike Wallace because he is so super duper. Never mind the fact that Manning wouldn't be able to get the ball deep to him. You should try looking at things from a reality perspective as opposed to a fandom perspective. I am sure 99% of Broncos fans would love to see a player as dynamic as Reggie Bush on the team, myself included. But it appears the Broncos feel they have the same type player in Hillman, thus the lack of interest.
Wow, who pissed in your cheerios?
I guess Reggie Bush! LO!L
No, like you stated in your previous post, Reggie is NOT just like Hillman in terms of role. He is much more versatile. And yes, he can block in pass pro just fine.
Which is what you said, and i explained that Reggie can do all of that and much more making him just as much an option as any other back like greene or anyone else.
Its just my hunch they are looking at Bush. As ive stated countless times, i am not advocating getting Bush.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #96
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,307

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Who keeps coming up with the idea that Dwight Freeney is going to get six million a year? . He is 33 years old and hasn't put up double digits in two years. I would guess that 4 million TOPS would be his salary. Lololol. I like seeing the numbers game played by all the dudes butt hurt over Dumervil going beybeybeebebeye!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #97
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

You pay for the sins of the past at some point, the mess has just come home to roost. It will be sad of Doom is gone, but lets be honest, we can find production somewhere else for alot less money, and we can improve this team in many other areas in an effort to win a Championship. Will there be drop off in the pass rush, sure, but Elways needs to what is in the best interest of the team, considering our QB isn't getting any younger.

I can't remember the situation when Doom was extended, but I htink we can agree the clown crew that did this was just that, clown crew.

So Doom may leave and sign for big money, meh, good for him. The Bills thought they were AFCE contender when they signed Mario Williams, he was at best pedestrian on a porous defense on a team that signs bad extensions, drafts like **** and is basically hapless... that isn't Elways, that isn't the Broncos....
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #98
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
^This is what happens when you are too far someone's ass.



http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...ng-time/nSzpK/

If he was having such a good season, why did his production dip after it? Want me to look up his time in NO? He got nicked up a lot there too. I am not saying he ain't worth a look, or that he lacks talent. Just that he is hugely overrated.
He immediately launched to success, posting a career-high 1,086 rushing yards that season. Last year, ran for 986 yards while being limited with a knee injury he sustained against the New York Jets, Though Reggie Bush didn’t miss a game due to the injury he struggled with its lingering effects through a few weeks, otherwise his production would have been even higher last season.

However, Reggie Bush came back from the knee injury to close the season strong, finishing with eight touchdowns for only the third season in his seven-year NFL career.

Ooooh his production was so low and he was so knicked up that he still was able to produce nearly a thousand yards on an otherwise pure crap team with a rookie QB, never missing ONE! FREAKING game. If only Slowshon or McGahee could play an entire NFL season, like Bush did. Supposedly injured (according to you) no less. Not seriously of course.
And what about the year before in MIA? 2011? How did he do then?
Was he as you say always "knicked up"?
1086 yards on a pure crap team yet again!
But wait! Let look at his recieving yards as well!
Hes caught nearly 80 balls for almost 600 yards in the air as well.
And never missed a game. But according to you and some article, his production has dipped.
I suppose because he broke his leg in NO and came back from it waay faster than anyone could possibly imagine that your now going to say hes always "Knicked up" again.

Go ahead and explain what you definition of "knicked up" is in regards to the current crop of DEN RBs. And then com,pare it to Reggie Bush' production at anytime.

Last edited by socalorado; 03-12-2013 at 08:21 AM..
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #99
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,385

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Doom will not make 10 mill this year just like Freeney will not make 6 million.
If he takes a paycut to stay with us then yes... I could see him making less than 10 mil. But if he hits the open market, he will make more money than Avril, Kruger or any of the other DE/ hybrid OLB's.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #100
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
We will see. Doom will make 10 mil per year and Freeney 6 mil. We will find soon enough.
Doom will make $10 waaaay before DF makes $6.

If we pay $6 for DF on top of the $5 of dead money on Doom, I'm gonna flip some ****.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Denver Broncos