The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #51
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
One way or the other Bowlen saves lots of money. Yay!!!
I wish he would just switch to Geico already and save the money that way.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #52
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So the question then becomes what if they don't land the guy(s) they are targeting? Do they then pursue a restructure deal? And will he still be open to it?
Yes and money cures all woes.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #53
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

He got paid north of $30M over the last three seasons, one of which he missed entirely. Methinks the Broncos don’t owe him any favors. Personally, I hope he takes the pay cut and stays but he’s better suited to be a 3-4 OLB.
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #54
Drunken.Broncoholic

Xander's and McDaniels still ****ing with this team.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #55
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

wolf are you just posting commentary from PFT?

lol!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #56
Drunken.Broncoholic

Dumervil in 2010: " if my sack totals go down and other guys make plays, that's what it's all about. It's not really about the numbers all the time. It's about how effective I can be in trying to free up someone else. As far as that guy, i don't know. We'll have to see who that is when the time comes".

That guy is Von Mr. Dumervil. And he will lose some production in your absence.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Keep in mind the Broncos wanted to keep him....but at a reduced price. Bang for the buck, and the Broncos felt they weren't getting it from him. He decided not to restructure and I'm sure he knew it would mean his inevitable release.....so, while most on here will whine and moan...this is evidently what Doom wanted.
That's B.S.

NO what DOOM wanted was to play out the contract the Broncos signed him to.

But it's all good for Doom he is going to make out like a friggin bandit in this scenario.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #58
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4Life View Post
I'll be surprised if he ever reaches 12-15 in a season the rest of his career. Hes not trying to be a team guy. Doesn't he have enough $$$? Let the guy go to lower tier team that has no shot at a SB. But hey, he'll get his money. Wishing you many loses and lots of $$$ Doom.
IMO he'll have at least 12 sacks next year for whoever gets him.

Why shouldn't Manning be the team guy? Why not ask Manning to take a pay cut. It's his legacy on the line for flopping in the playoffs. Why shouldn't he do a Tom Brady?
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #59
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Posted these in the other Doom thread, just going to keep on posting them where applicable for obvious reasons..

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ush-repertoire

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ective-in-2012
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #60
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That's B.S.

NO what DOOM wanted was to play out the contract the Broncos signed him to.

But it's all good for Doom he is going to make out like a friggin bandit in this scenario.
So do you think he is going to make more money this year for another team?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #61
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Posted these in the other Doom thread, just going to keep on posting them where applicable for obvious reasons..

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ush-repertoire

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ective-in-2012
When I read those and consider that JDR trusted Dumervil to be on the field more than any other DL, it makes me think that there's no way they'll actually cut him. That, in turn, makes me happy.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #62
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If we cut him loose I could see Atlanta signing him after releasing Abraham. Plus Mike Nolan is the Defensive Coordinator there.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #63
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So do you think he is going to make more money this year for another team?
He will get another $12 million signing bonus, AT LEAST. Probably more.

Wasn't he still in the top 10 in the league in sacks? And that is with him competing with Miller for sacks.

Plus Doom always lined up against the LT the best Pass blocker on the offense,
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He will get another $12 million signing bonus, AT LEAST. Probably more.
So instead of trading for him and getting a contract with no guarantees that gets smaller every year, teams are going to offer even MORE money for him

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 03-11-2013 at 11:20 PM..
Old 03-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #65
Bacchus

Quote:
So instead of trading for him and getting a contract with no guarantees that gets smaller every year, teams are going to offer even MORE money for him
Yeah, when he hits the FA market he will get this contract and you'll have to say I am right.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #66
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yeah, when he hits the FA market he will get this contract and you'll have to say I am right.
So do you think its better for a team to have a player locked for 3 years with or without guarantees?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
He got paid north of $30M over the last three seasons, one of which he missed entirely. Methinks the Broncos donít owe him any favors. Personally, I hope he takes the pay cut and stays but heís better suited to be a 3-4 OLB.
People keep saying this, but we basically play a 3-4 with the way doom lines up, not to mention, much of the nfl plays in the nickel over half the time anyway, and if i recall, a lot of doom's sacks during his 17 sack year came with his hand down (though i could be wrong about that)
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #68
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So do you think its better for a team to have a player locked for 3 years with or without guarantees?
Do you think the Broncos will trade Doom for nothing? Because if not then any team interested in trading for him understands that there will be an opportunity cost tied to any pick they surrender.

The cost savings of Doom's current deal versus what he'll likely get in the open market is likely only a few million, the big gain for him will be significantly more guaranteed money. Most teams looking to sign him at 29 will take the inflexibility that brings well before giving up a meaningful pick (first four rounds, minimum).

Letting Doom go is a ****ing dumb idea. His contract isn't that bad and it's now heading in a downward direction. Just because we blew our wad last off-season to get Manning doesn't mean we should start chopping up the rest of the club. We can get under the cap and still make a few moves without cutting Doom.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #69
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Do you think the Broncos will trade Doom for nothing? Because if not then any team interested in trading for him understands that there will be an opportunity cost tied to any pick they surrender.

The cost savings of Doom's current deal versus what he'll likely get in the open market is likely only a few million, the big gain for him will be significantly more guaranteed money. Most teams looking to sign him at 29 will take the inflexibility that brings well before giving up a meaningful pick (first four rounds, minimum).

Letting Doom go is a ****ing dumb idea. His contract isn't that bad and it's now heading in a downward direction. Just because we blew our wad last off-season to get Manning doesn't mean we should start chopping up the rest of the club. We can get under the cap and still make a few moves without cutting Doom.
Damn straight. Doom makes too much money. No team is going to trade for Doom and pay him his current salary. Letting Doom go is a bad idea in my mind or they better have a damn good plan B

We can all agree Boldin is worth more an any 6th round pick but when you factor in his $6MM contract that's why he went to a team for a 6th

Last edited by CEH; 03-12-2013 at 06:22 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #70
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

You do realize that we are more then likely cutting Doom right?. So any pick is better then zero picks if we do.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #71
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You do realize that we are more then likely cutting Doom right?. So any pick is better then zero picks if we do.
No one is trading even a 7th for Doom when his base salary is $12 million. He'll get an eight figure guarantee on the open market, but his base salaries aren't going to be close to that.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #72
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Bowlen "saves" the salary he doesn't have to pay Doom, which is $12 million this coming season. That's the cash part. The cap savings is $13.62 million less $4.87 million in dead money for a net of $8.75 million.
Thats huge.
Hes gone.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #73
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Trading for Doom doesn't mean a team will have to pay his salary as it stands, they could restructure his contract and make it work for them by giving him a signing bonus and prorating that money over several years. The Broncos appear to want him to take a pay cut, not restructure.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #74
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Trading for Doom doesn't mean a team will have to pay his salary as it stands, they could restructure his contract and make it work for them by giving him a signing bonus and prorating that money over several years. The Broncos appear to want him to take a pay cut, not restructure.
Why would Doom accomodate any team in such a resturcture when he knows Denver has to have him off the roster by Saturday or his base salary is guaranteed? By forcing a release, he can have teams bidding against one another and have the autonomy to select the team of his choice.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #75
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
You do realize that we are more then likely cutting Doom right?
I don't understand why so many people are surprised by this. I've been saying this is the likely scenario for a few days now. Yes it sucks but that's business. He makes too much money this year and the Broncos need it to address other needs.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote