The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #26
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Im Oregon , i think you're talking about Washington. We are still med only right now.

Well im kinda pissed here. Raised my donation almost ten bucks when they pasted there laws. One would think it would have went down but nope.
Yup, updated my post.

What ever happens elsewhere I am pretty sure Texas will be one of the last to change.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
This, plus it's nice to be able to step outside a bar and have a quick toke on the weekend.
So can it be smoke openly then ? I thought it still had to be in a private environment.

God I hope they start enforcing it like alcohol. If we don't screw this up , it could go nation wide in the next 5 years. Once those politicians find out how much money Washington and Colorado start to make off it, they make sure its legal in there state too.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So can it be smoke openly then ? I thought it still had to be in a private environment.

God I hope they start enforcing it like alcohol. If we don't screw this up , it could go nation wide in the next 5 years. Once those politicians find out how much money Washington and Colorado start to make off it, they make sure its legal in there state too.
Per Amendment 64 it cannot be smoked in a public place, but the catch is right now there is no legislation designating what the penalty is for smoking in a public place, so the police would likely just tell you to cut it out. However, I would imagine the ultimate penalty will be similar to open container.

The biggest thing I noticed is the amount of people starting to grow their own, which I believe will lead to a drop in the number of shops (medical and recreational) because of the amount a person can grow (6 plants has a pretty high yield from what folks tell me and couples growing 12 plants really produce a lot). My guess is that the rec shops are going to primarily serve tourists, but it depends on the legislation that ultimately is adopted. The number of medial shops is already on the decline.

It is also not something that is being ignored in Colorado. The Governor's task force just finished up their findings and recommendations and it sounds like it was a good process from the task force member I talked with.

As for the kids smoking more weed, those of you seeing an uptick must not have paid attention previously as kids were smoking a ton of weed already. Weed was actually easier to score as a minor when I grew up than alcohol because it was a felony to sell to adult or minor so those selling didn't care. I don't think that has changed, but I have hopes that they make it a very serious felony (with mandatory sentencing guidelines) to provide minors with weed.

I think that CO is on the right track to get this set up in a way that makes sense, but it is going to take a lot of work and time.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #29
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Per Amendment 64 it cannot be smoked in a public place, but the catch is right now there is no legislation designating what the penalty is for smoking in a public place, so the police would likely just tell you to cut it out. However, I would imagine the ultimate penalty will be similar to open container.

The biggest thing I noticed is the amount of people starting to grow their own, which I believe will lead to a drop in the number of shops (medical and recreational) because of the amount a person can grow (6 plants has a pretty high yield from what folks tell me and couples growing 12 plants really produce a lot). My guess is that the rec shops are going to primarily serve tourists, but it depends on the legislation that ultimately is adopted. The number of medial shops is already on the decline.

It is also not something that is being ignored in Colorado. The Governor's task force just finished up their findings and recommendations and it sounds like it was a good process from the task force member I talked with.

As for the kids smoking more weed, those of you seeing an uptick must not have paid attention previously as kids were smoking a ton of weed already. Weed was actually easier to score as a minor when I grew up than alcohol because it was a felony to sell to adult or minor so those selling didn't care. I don't think that has changed, but I have hopes that they make it a very serious felony (with mandatory sentencing guidelines) to provide minors with weed.

I think that CO is on the right track to get this set up in a way that makes sense, but it is going to take a lot of work and time.
Yes, I think I must have been ignoring it before as a teacher.....

The problem is all kids think its legal NOW and are daring to even pass it around in the classroom. I know how much happened before, but the kids that were afraid to do it before because it was considered illegal now think its a green light on the stuff and are diving right in.

This is what I meant by Colorado is ignoring it, there is no public information given right now. People really think they can go walking around smoking it, giving it away or selling it without any consequence. I could care less what the "task force" is doing, they aren't doing enough education to the public about it.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Yes, I think I must have been ignoring it before as a teacher.....

The problem is all kids think its legal NOW and are daring to even pass it around in the classroom. I know how much happened before, but the kids that were afraid to do it before because it was considered illegal now think its a green light on the stuff and are diving right in.

This is what I meant by Colorado is ignoring it, there is no public information given right now. People really think they can go walking around smoking it, giving it away or selling it without any consequence. I could care less what the "task force" is doing, they aren't doing enough education to the public about it.
The task force has to come up with the legislation, the legislation has to pass the state house, and THEN the public information campaign can begin.

I knew people who, even as they were working to see Amendment 64 passed, were hoping it wouldn't because it was going to be a nightmare to implement. That's what we're seeing now.

Though if you want some laughs, @COWeedTaskForce has been pretty funny.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #31
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
The task force has to come up with the legislation, the legislation has to pass the state house, and THEN the public information campaign can begin.

I knew people who, even as they were working to see Amendment 64 passed, were hoping it wouldn't because it was going to be a nightmare to implement. That's what we're seeing now.

Though if you want some laughs, @COWeedTaskForce has been pretty funny.
And thats the only problem I have. The lack of information effects kids more than anything else because of the vast number of parents who don't do any parenting. Kids are potentially going to run into severe consequences simply because they don't know what the law is.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #32
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And thats the only problem I have. The lack of information effects kids more than anything else because of the vast number of parents who don't do any parenting. Kids are potentially going to run into severe consequences simply because they don't know what the law is.
Perhaps parents should do their job and talk to their kids, rather than relying upon big brother to "inform us". Ignorance of the law excuses no one.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Perhaps parents should do their job and talk to their kids, rather than relying upon big brother to "inform us". Ignorance of the law excuses no one.
Agreed. However, in this liberal world where everything is now given to us, parents don't do parenting anymore. They expect schools and government to do everything for them.

I would love to let them all just deal with the consequences, but society doesn't work that way. The worse we deal with the younger generation, the more likely it is that it comes and bites us back later.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #34
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:

I thought that it was an 18 or over thing ? It is in Washington.

So are you saying you would like to keep weed banned because a vast number of parents aren't doing there jobs.

Some how that doesn't seem fair.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #35
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Agreed. However, in this liberal world where everything is now given to us, parents don't do parenting anymore. They expect schools and government to do everything for them.

I would love to let them all just deal with the consequences, but society doesn't work that way. The worse we deal with the younger generation, the more likely it is that it comes and bites us back later.
Sounds like it time to start punishing parents.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #36
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just got me some girl scout.cookies and some skywalker og...time to get mile high... Sell to kids.. I dont even know anyone personally under 21. I have anxiety issues and have anti social tendencies... This ****s great.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #37
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

i'll be in CO for the indoor garden expo...
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #38
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Parenting has been a fail generally for the last 20 years. I was raised by my grand parents and it stuns me sometimes how morally and ethically different people of my generation are compared to me. The value of "family" has been lost in most places of the world.

Anyway I love weed! LOVE!!! But I only tried it until I was 18 (been 10 great years). Would like to think my family raised me to make my own decisions when ever they had to be made. Being in Colombia as a kid you would see a lot of other kids having access to it. But I never felt curious enough to try it. I was thought to never let others make decisions on my behalf. Hence peer pressure on the drugs and even alcohol and cigs weren't even a problem.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #39
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:

What I hate is like my neighbors. They are the best damn neighbors you could ask for. Always ask how we're doing, will always plow my driveway even when I don't ask them to, and until recently have watched my kids for me. Then my 10 year old comes home telling me they have pot in their house and their 9 year old has smoked it. Now I have to distance myself from them, because I don't want my kids exposed to that crap. The **** is everywhere.

But the good thing is that they have the fear of Dad in them. My kids are gonna wish they were dead if I ever find out they're doing pot or alcohol.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #40
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
What I hate is like my neighbors. They are the best damn neighbors you could ask for. Always ask how we're doing, will always plow my driveway even when I don't ask them to, and until recently have watched my kids for me. Then my 10 year old comes home telling me they have pot in their house and their 9 year old has smoked it. Now I have to distance myself from them, because I don't want my kids exposed to that crap. The **** is everywhere.

But the good thing is that they have the fear of Dad in them. My kids are gonna wish they were dead if I ever find out they're doing pot or alcohol.
The fear of dad. It was the fear of MOM that got me to try it for the first time. I was raised hardcore christian. I was taught it was the devils drug. So what happened the first time my mom pissed me off. Been somkin ever since.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #41
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

Maybe you ought to talk to your neighbors about what your 10 year old told you. Kids do have a tendency to tell little fibs from time to time.

Agreed, letting a 9 year old kid smoke pot is extremely irresponsible... but from what you described, that doesn't sound like your neighbors at all.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #42
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Maybe you ought to talk to your neighbors about what your 10 year old told you. Kids do have a tendency to tell little fibs from time to time.

Agreed, letting a 9 year old kid smoke pot is extremely irresponsible... but from what you described, that doesn't sound like your neighbors at all.
Oh I believe him. The older couple that lives there, I don't believe they do it. But their daughter just graduated lives with them as well as their daughter's boyfriend, who has been nice but looks like a punk.

When my son told me about it he didn't just say they smoke. He described the smell, and described the glass pipe that he saw. It sucks. I really like those guys.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #43
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
The fear of dad. It was the fear of MOM that got me to try it for the first time. I was raised hardcore christian. I was taught it was the devils drug. So what happened the first time my mom pissed me off. Been somkin ever since.
Well, your mom screwed up by going hardcore in trying to educate you about it. With my kids, I just talk to them about it. When camping they've seen some of my friends and how foolish they act when drunk. I've introduced them to my stoner friend that's been smoking for 15-20 years, and while he is funny, and was very smart, you can easily see what the effects are. I just try to make it so that it isn't cool to them. Tell them they will see it, will be exposed to it, but they have to be smarter than that. And I remind them that they're in deep shlt if they ever try it while living in my house.

However, in the end, just like you they're going to make their own choices and decisions. I'm just doing what I can to lead them the right way.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #44
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Oh I believe him. The older couple that lives there, I don't believe they do it. But their daughter just graduated lives with them as well as their daughter's boyfriend, who has been nice but looks like a punk.

When my son told me about it he didn't just say they smoke. He described the smell, and described the glass pipe that he saw. It sucks. I really like those guys.
This is what I don't like about it. As a parent you can only control where you have control. If the kids are at school or the park or even a friends house and someone either starts talking about weed or smoking it in front of them the kids have to rely on what we taught them.

People say kids get weed because of lack of better parenting. Well I am a good parent, my wife and I have a stable enviroment where we give the kids responsiblities based on what they have earned.

Government regulation is needed because us good parents are in the minority.

The thing about regulations is as long as they are followed they should be a non-factor. A regulation should only be a factor when you break one. Help us good parents out and regulate it, why make it harder on us to raise our kids?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #45
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

My approach is to teach my kids about general responsibility, consequences for actions, that type of stuff, not the perils of each and every danger out there. They have to learn to identify dangers and see the consequences on their own, not memorize a list of dangers that the government says are bad (I happen to disagree with a lot of what the government tell you is bad anyway). Sounds like SP has done the right thing with his kids, because the kid identified the issue, on his own and then told his parents, which is exactly what you want.

Screw government regulation, I don't want the government dictating what is and what isn't good for me or my family or what we ingest. Makes us all sheep and takes away the need for people to have their own intelligence.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #46
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
My approach is to teach my kids about general responsibility, consequences for actions, that type of stuff, not the perils of each and every danger out there. They have to learn to identify dangers and see the consequences on their own, not memorize a list of dangers that the government says are bad (I happen to disagree with a lot of what the government tell you is bad anyway). Sounds like SP has done the right thing with his kids, because the kid identified the issue, on his own and then told his parents, which is exactly what you want.

Screw government regulation, I don't want the government dictating what is and what isn't good for me or my family or what we ingest. Makes us all sheep and takes away the need for people to have their own intelligence.
We do the same thing, I call them choices, and point out they need to chose what is right from wrong and do the right thing even if it is hard and no one else is willing to do it.

That said having basic regulations or laws that punish those who provide weed or even booze to minors is just good common sense.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #47
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Perhaps I am not clear.

1) I agree, good parents are in the minority, therefore the government should help regular and educate.

2) I have no issue with pot being legal, I don't think the government should tell us what we can or can't do, they should only help enforce and educate based on what we want.

3) The problem right now in Colorado is that the law was passed, Hickenlooper said don't break out the cheetos just yet, but there has been zero public information yet for the "un-parented" to learn. So kids are smoking pot in school before a wrestling match, passing pot to friends in halls, and arguing with their own teacher that pot IS NOW LEGAL for everyone. Those last 3 statements are all true, as I am a teacher and have witnessed all of that recently. They did a lot of pot before, but good lord are they miseducated right now about it.

I'd like Colorado to do this right, but waiting on a task force before saying a damn word is just stupid.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #48
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Perhaps I am not clear.

1) I agree, good parents are in the minority, therefore the government should help regular and educate.

2) I have no issue with pot being legal, I don't think the government should tell us what we can or can't do, they should only help enforce and educate based on what we want.

3) The problem right now in Colorado is that the law was passed, Hickenlooper said don't break out the cheetos just yet, but there has been zero public information yet for the "un-parented" to learn. So kids are smoking pot in school before a wrestling match, passing pot to friends in halls, and arguing with their own teacher that pot IS NOW LEGAL for everyone. Those last 3 statements are all true, as I am a teacher and have witnessed all of that recently. They did a lot of pot before, but good lord are they miseducated right now about it.

I'd like Colorado to do this right, but waiting on a task force before saying a damn word is just stupid.
I am with you.

I don't care if people use it, I just don't want to see it or smell it or have it pushed on my kids.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If weed goes legal opening up pot shops will be big business. Who has the best weed will win in each city. But I can only imagine the ****twad of regulations as cities and states try to figure out how to make money off it. In the end the price probably drops so far it won't be what many hoped for.

The end result will be cheaper weed, easier for kids to get, smelling it everywhere and becoming a way of American life. At least right now you have to sort of hide it. Whatever though i am all for states rights so i can't be against them voting for it. Part of being for states rights is accepting things you think are a mistake.

Still this has been decided by the Supreme Court as something the US fed govt can regulate or keep illegal. So......considering we have treaties with other countries I'm not sure our govt (Obama) really willing to waste the time it would take to do it. He has more important things to worry about.

Not to mention selling weed one of the last jobs for inner city kids to make a buck at lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote