The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I still think Moore is in the first round mix, regardless of having an abortion at the combine. He is probably going to go to a team like the Steelers and rip people's heads off forever. You can't ignore his kind of production in the SEC. Suggs also had a pretty poopy combine back in the day and he turned into a legend. . .
I still think he goes top 10. There's a lot of so-called 'top prospects' in this draft that are floating on their combine numbers (Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah). Damontre Moore is still probably the best pass-rusher in the draft...when he has his head on straight. Probably won't get past the Rex Ryan and the Jets at #9 (Rex Ryan in attendance).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I still think he goes top 10. There's a lot of so-called 'top prospects' in this draft that are floating on their combine numbers (Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah). Damontre Moore is still probably the best pass-rusher in the draft...when he has his head on straight. Probably won't get past the Rex Ryan and the Jets at #9 (Rex Ryan in attendance).
Not that Kiper knows anything in particular about placement, but he said he thought Moore would not slip out of the first, but be a guy who goes 3-4 to a team like the Jets, Steelers, etc. in the 15-25 range. But who knows. Can't wait till April.

Birthday, holidaze, DRAFT!!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #28
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

i have not looked much at moore, but those texas a&m guys are pretty great
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #29
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I still think Moore is in the first round mix, regardless of having an abortion at the combine. He is probably going to go to a team like the Steelers and rip people's heads off forever. You can't ignore his kind of production in the SEC. Suggs also had a pretty poopy combine back in the day and he turned into a legend. . .
Yep....he's the kind of player that fits in their system and would be utilized perfectly there and play with a chip on his shoulder and be the next 3-4 Steeler OLB to kick some ass for the next decade.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #30
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Moore was never falling out of the first unless he atomic bombed his pro day.
his production and potential is too much. if we didn't already have Von i'd want him badly.

Matt Scott is gonna make some team very happy. i think he'll be a Russell Wilson type but he will take 2-3 years to develop instead of being a instant impact guy.

Hopkins intrigues me, i want us to get another WR in the draft but unless it's Allen i don't want to see a first used on one. Allen is the one guy with #1 WR potential and a ceiling to be a top 10 guy.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #31
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/09/jake...state-pro-day/

Quote:
Jake Stoneburner, TE (6-4 1/8, 249 pounds) — He had a very good workout, showing off his catching skills with real smooth hands. Stoneburner posted 40 times of 4.53 and 4.56.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/09/nort...esota-pro-day/

Quote:
Terrell Sinkfield, WR (6-foot-1 1/8, 199 pounds) – The prospect out of Northern Iowa showed off his speed this week at the University of Minnesota, clocking in official times of 4.33 seconds, 4.36 and 4.38 in the 40-yard dash. He initially turned heads when he finished with an unofficial time of 4.19, but his official best time would have placed him second among receivers at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis last month. Sinkfield, who was not invited to the combine, finished with 40 1/2-inch vertical and went 11-5 in the broad jump.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #32
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/11/gran...consideration/

Quote:
Johnson (6-foot-2, 215 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.38 and 4.39 seconds. He had a 4.31-second short shuttle and 6.96-second three-cone drill. He had a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and an 11-foot-1 broad jump. He performed 14 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. The receivers coaches from the Arizona Cardinals and New York Jets were present in Allendale, Mich. for the workout.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/11/ray-...iamis-pro-day/

Quote:
Mike James, RB (5-foot-10 3/4, 217 pounds) — James stuck with his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine in all but two events. At Miami’s pro day, James ran the short shuttle in 4.34 second and did the three-cone drill in 6.93 seconds.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Kansas State LB Arthur Brown ran forty times in the 4.58-4.62 range at the Wildcats' Pro Day.
Brown didn't work out at the Combine due to a shoulder injury. He proceeded to "blow up" his Pro Day workout, according to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, tipping the scales at 6-foot-1, 236 and repping 225 pounds 21 times on the bench press. He was reportedly "sensational" in drill work. Writes Pauline of Brown, "We are hearing late-first round is now a possibility."
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #35
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Minter, Brown, T'eo. We have options!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #36
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/18/desp...nfl-prospects/

Quote:
Ray Polk, S (6-0 3/4, 219) — Polk — who was not invited to the combine — ran the 40 in 4.43 and 4.40 seconds. He had a 39-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-6 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.33 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.10 seconds. He performed 19 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench. An Arizona Cardinals defensive backs coach led Polk through his positional drills.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #37
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on NFL 32 that Utah DT Star Lotulelei has been medically cleared following his heart scare at February's Scouting Combine.
Lotulelei participate fully in Utah's Wednesday Pro Day. "He's clear now," Mort reported. "At the Combine they flagged him for having a heart that wasn't pumping enough blood. It wasn't pumping properly. ... But he proceeded to go ahead and train. He's gone through extensive medical testing." Per Mort, Lotulelei's agent is sending his healthy medical reports to all 32 clubs, and "a lot of teams" will be in Salt Lake for his Wednesday workout.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #38
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

good, maybe that pushes Floyd further down and allows us to trade up for him.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #39
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Utah DT Star Lotulelei ran a 5.15 in the 40-yard dash at his Wednesday Pro Day, and posted 38 reps on the bench press.
Lotulelei also turned in a 30-inch vertical leap, 7.76 time in the three-cone drill, and 4.65 in the shuttle. They're all solid numbers for the potential top-ten pick. Lotulelei's momentum is back on track after a minor heart issue prevented him from working out at the Combine.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #40
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
good, maybe that pushes Floyd further down and allows us to trade up for him.
Doubt it. Floyd is still a Top 12 guy when it is all said and done, if not higher. The real wildcard is Sylvester Williams, who I am luke warm on. Apparently he is some teams highest rated DT and even ahead of Star and Floyd according to the guys at NFP. Denver doesn't have a chance at those guys, IMO.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #41
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

NFL | Manti Te'o runs at Pro Day
Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:59:27 -0700

Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o registered an unofficial 4.75-second 40-yard dash at his Pro Day Tuesday, March 26. Another scout had him at 4.72 seconds.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2Of8My7Ei
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #42
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I have a lot of experience with heart issues, they run in my family. The most amazing thing here is the way they are trying to minimize Star Lotulelei's actual REAL heart issue versus DJ Hayden's vein rupture. Hayden will not have any lingering effects from that type of injury once its healed, and its already healed enough to do 100% heart rate work like running the 40 yard dash.

Lotulelei's issue will NEVER not be an issue anymore. No matter what these Cardiologists found, having a severe reduction in heart efficiency is a major clinical isssue going forward. Anyone remember Gaines Adams? He Died due to a misdiagnosed heart issue. And he also was top 10 DL coming out of Clemson....

I just find some of this reporting painfully misrepresentative of the actual impact of these injuries on the draft.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #43
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

USC's tomorrow has some significant draft implications.

I'm expecting Barkley to blow it out and send his draft stock soaring.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #44
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ouch!!!

Cal WR Keenan Allen ran forty times of 4.71 and 4.75 at his personal Pro Day on Tuesday.
Allen has never been known as a true vertical threat -- he draws comparisons to Miles Austin and Reggie Wayne -- but these times are concerning. Allen suffered a torn left PCL last October 27. He admitted to a setback before February's Scouting Combine and recently told the Sacramento Bee that he's only about 85 percent. It's been over five months since Allen's injury. His medical status may be a greater concern than the slow forty times.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Alabama RB Eddie Lacy clocked forty times of 4.57 and 4.60 at his personal Pro Day on Thursday.
Another set of times had Lacy at 4.58 and 4.62. The straight-line speed is as expected. More concerning was Lacy's inability to complete position drills because he was so out of shape, per NFL Network's Bucky Brooks. Lacy also tallied a 9-foot-7 broad jump and 32.5-inch vertical. Brooks deemed the workout "disappointing" and expects NFL teams to "question (Lacy's) work ethic" based on his conditioning. Keep in mind Lacy has been nursing a partial hamstring tear for months. It's not shocking that he wasn't at peak physical fitness
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #46
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Alabama RB Eddie Lacy clocked forty times of 4.57 and 4.60 at his personal Pro Day on Thursday.
Another set of times had Lacy at 4.58 and 4.62. The straight-line speed is as expected. More concerning was Lacy's inability to complete position drills because he was so out of shape, per NFL Network's Bucky Brooks. Lacy also tallied a 9-foot-7 broad jump and 32.5-inch vertical. Brooks deemed the workout "disappointing" and expects NFL teams to "question (Lacy's) work ethic" based on his conditioning. Keep in mind Lacy has been nursing a partial hamstring tear for months. It's not shocking that he wasn't at peak physical fitness
Some first round stud...
Old 04-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #47
yerner
Ring of Famer

Other reports have Lacy running in the 4.4s.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dly-runs-fast/
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #48
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Lacy has been coming off a hamstring tear, so it is pretty hard to stay in top condition when you can't run. I can't imagine the 4.4 times are correct. He ran a 4.4 last year at his Junior Day, so he does run that fast, but there is no way coming off a hamstring tear and sitting on his butt for three months, would be be able to do that. No chance.

So, I tend to believe Bucky Brooks on this, though I think Bucky is a moron if he thinks any team will downgrade Lacy because he's not in top condition. There was no way he could have been.

Regardless, if he ran in the 4.5s with the still lingering injury and not being in top shape, that's impressive. His speed is the least impressive thing about him anyway, his agility, vision, and overall game is what stands out.

I think this is best case scenario for the Broncos. If he blew up this Pro Day, he wouldn't make it to us. Now there's a chance at least. I think anyone that broke down his game tape would be thrilled for us to draft him. Even with RB being a diminished position.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #49
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Ouch!!!

Cal WR Keenan Allen ran forty times of 4.71 and 4.75 at his personal Pro Day on Tuesday.
Allen has never been known as a true vertical threat -- he draws comparisons to Miles Austin and Reggie Wayne -- but these times are concerning. Allen suffered a torn left PCL last October 27. He admitted to a setback before February's Scouting Combine and recently told the Sacramento Bee that he's only about 85 percent. It's been over five months since Allen's injury. His medical status may be a greater concern than the slow forty times.
i get the feeling that he will end up being our pick for some reason. i had this feeling before the Welker signing and it just won't go away. we seem way too interested in him and he is likely to be there when we pick. especially with Austin,Patton,Patterson and Hunter rising.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #50
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i get the feeling that he will end up being our pick for some reason. i had this feeling before the Welker signing and it just won't go away. we seem way too interested in him and he is likely to be there when we pick. especially with Austin,Patton,Patterson and Hunter rising.
I have the same feeling about Te'o as I did Tebow so if Allen is there with our second pick then I'm all for it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: