The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default Eric Holder: Drone Strike To Kill U.S. Citizen On American Soil Legal, Hypothetically

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2813857.html
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration believes it could technically use military force to kill an American on U.S. soil in an "extraordinary circumstance" but has "no intention of doing so," U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said in a letter disclosed Tuesday.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

One must remember the way it works in this country. Everything depends on what party is in charge at the time. Drones killing, including innocence, is acceptable, but terrorists forced to put underwear on their heads is an act worse than death. The true dumbing down of this country when the majority can make sense out of that.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Rand Paul said it best today

"I will speak until I can no longer speak, I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our constitution is important, that your right to trial by jury is precious, that no American should be killed on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court."
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Rand Paul said it best today

"I will speak until I can no longer speak, I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our constitution is important, that your right to trial by jury is precious, that no American should be killed on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court."
I don't think any American should be killed anywhere, unless in the act of open arms, without first being charged and found guilty.

The even worse part is the government doesn't need to inform you that you're on "the list", nor do they need to offer you the chance to turn yourself in/surrender.

This is all built on hypotheticals and vagueries, and even if someone trusts this president 100%, it's just as bad as the Patriot Act, and could be used by other presidents.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I think this is a bull**** statement for any attorney general to make and the president should have immediately repudiated him. The imperial presidency is bull****, but so is the imperial congress.

On the other hand, devil's advocate argument: Timothy McVeigh is driving toward a day care center in a truck full of explosives and the FBI has a positive ID. Do you use a drone to take him out?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Rand Pual so unlike his father. I actually liked many qualities about Ron. His son I cannot stomach even if I had a bottle of Pepto. His father had this one quality called grace, nothing Rand would know anything about.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

There is so little difference in the parties when it comes to issues like our personally liberty and right to privacy. This is a bad policy to use drones too much like this. I love the drones but Obama is going overboard with the targeting of Americans. We need an indictment and verdict in absentia if needed. Whatever. Even if its some supreme council made up of 1 liberal, 1 conservative Supreme Court judge, defense sec, cia director etc. It can't just be one man making a decision like that.

it's pretty scary how the govt is operating since 9-11
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

It's like Orwell said, you use a phony threat as an excuse to put rights aside. It's amazing to me how Orwellian America has become. We are now a nation at perpetual war, so every edict of the government has the weight of a "special circumstances" war measure to it. Yes, we can kill citizens with drones, but you have to understand, this is a "special circumstance" because of the "war on terrorism" or the "war on drugs" or whatever war they come up with next.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #10
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Gotta go with Paul on this one.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's like Orwell said, you use a phony threat as an excuse to put rights aside. It's amazing to me how Orwellian America has become. We are now a nation at perpetual war, so every edict of the government has the weight of a "special circumstances" war measure to it. Yes, we can kill citizens with drones, but you have to understand, this is a "special circumstance" because of the "war on terrorism" or the "war on drugs" or whatever war they come up with next.
Except it's even worse than perpetual war, it's got the entire prescription Orwell foresees. Think about it. How did you view Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war? Then a few years later? How did you feel about Germany as a child? Now? Russia? Now? China? Now?

We've always been at war with East Asia, and we've always been allies with Eurasia. Or we've always been at war with Eurasia, and we've always been allies with East Asia. I can't remember which.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Never thought I'd say this:

Excellent work, Rand Paul. Thank you.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #13
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Also, Obama has already killed Americans, teenagers even. One born here in Denver,

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...097899,00.html

He signed off on the orders to drone the boy.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Hey, will you look at that. Liberals aren't just star-struck about Obama and don't agree with everything he does or says.

Wow, maybe people would realize that if we didn't have to argue:

- Whether Obama is a Muslim
- Whether Obama is a terrorist
- Whether Obama is a citizen
- Whether states have a right to keep the sitting president off the ballot because they don't like him
- What is a legitimate rape
- When is it okay to hit women
- Whether Obama is the reason for almost 3 trillion dollars in war spending
- Whether black people are stupider than white people
- Whether or not straw purchases on guns should be legal

Like I said, the right is rife with intellectual dishonesty, and this is a perfect example of why.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Hey, will you look at that. Liberals aren't just star-struck about Obama and don't agree with everything he does or says.
Happens under every administration.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Happens under every administration.
Of course you weren't here during the Bush administration, so you can say that.

Some of us were, and remember how it was.