The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #76
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Interestingly, if you make 1 prediction per day from now until the draft about a specific player being drafted by a random specific in the draft you have an 80% of getting at least 1 right. In fact if you wait another month and only make a prediction every day of April, you will have a 50% chance of getting at least 1 right just by chance.

Incarceratedbob uses that same method, put out enough random stories and you will get one right eventually.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #77
BroncoBeavis

Give me Woodson for 0 draft picks and a nicer price and then use the rest to go to work on the interior D. That's where the real problem is.

Still pissed that we didn't get after Flacco all game.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #78
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's not the biggest need for sure. But when teams spread this defense out it has shown to crumble a few times. At 28 there isn't a player that will make an immediate impact that Revis would. And with the manning window open only so long, it's a win now type move as opposed to future what if type move.
I think its a lot of money to tie up into one position, and saying that Revis would have been the difference between us and a super bowl (i know you didnt say this, someone else did) is conjecture. If you want to play that game, I can list several other scenarios as well. We have other holes to fill and other positions we can upgrade. Sixteen million just seems like a **** ton to give up.

If the broncos did this, I'd talk myself into it like I do everything else, but i would advise against it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #79
Bacchus

Just build through the draft. As long as Elway is drafting well like he has been don't start playing the Shanahan game.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #80
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Interestingly, if you make 1 prediction per day from now until the draft about a specific player being drafted by a random specific in the draft you have an 80% of getting at least 1 right. In fact if you wait another month and only make a prediction every day of April, you will have a 50% chance of getting at least 1 right just by chance.

Incarceratedbob uses that same method, put out enough random stories and you will get one right eventually.
Yeah, he understands that sports rumor writing is all guesswork and conversation pieces. There's no accountability in this business, nor are they ever challenged because of several variables.

Its dumb.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #81
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

As awesome as it would be it won't fix all our problems. If we end up doing it fine but, with such a move what about other areas that are weak.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #82
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
As awesome as it would be it won't fix all our problems. If we end up doing it fine but, with such a move what about other areas that are weak.
According to Elway an area we see as a huge need they don't see it as a need at all. MLB. That could be pre draft smoke screen. Or they really believe in Irving and Johnson.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #83
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Does getting Revis allow us to dump Rahim Moore?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #84
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Just build through the draft. As long as Elway is drafting well like he has been don't start playing the Shanahan game.
Don't disagree with you but with the signing of Payton Manning,we are in a win now mentality. We are going to have to build through FA, as much as we do through the draft.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #85
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Don't disagree with you but with the signing of Payton Manning,we are in a win now mentality. We are going to have to build through FA, as much as we do through the draft.
Go ahead and get one top shelf FA and some mid-level FA's that is fine but don't do this at the expense of draft picks. That is all I am saying. Spend your money wisely.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #86
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Go ahead and get one top shelf FA and some mid-level FA's that is fine but don't do this at the expense of draft picks. That is all I am saying. Spend your money wisely.
I agree, but Revis should be in or close to his prime for another 3 years minimum and probably very good for another 3 years after that. It's not like you're selling the farm for a 34-year-old player. We're talking about a low 1st rounder for the best CB in the game. As a team, Denver is in an all or nothing position the next couple of years.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #87
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I agree, but Revis should be in or close to his prime for another 3 years minimum and probably very good for another 3 years after that. It's not like you're selling the farm for a 34-year-old player. We're talking about a low 1st rounder for the best CB in the game. As a team, Denver is in an all or nothing position the next couple of years.
but you give up a 1st and 3rd and at least $14 million a year. I'd rather Denver trade up to get Trufant. It wouldn't cost as much in picks or money.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #88
CEH
Ring of Famer

You can pretty much assume CB will be the pick at #28 unless Denver signs a CB in FA
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #89
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Revis would probably be the difference between a SB appearance this year and ****ting the bed with homefield advantage. It's not so much saying Champ is bad (that's ridiculous), but it's allowing Revis to essentially lock down half of the field (like Champ used to) which will free up Champ to ball-hawk and choke up all of the shallow crap with the TE's (crossing routes, arrow routes etc.) that teams like NE have killed us with in the past. It also allows safety help over the top for Champ, because as we saw in the Divisional, he no longer has the top end speed to keep up with the elite burners one-on-one. Really a no-brainer if you ask me, unless they want two 1st rounders or something.
I still think on the 1st Smith catch he was expecting safety help over the top. Neither safety was back there and by the time Champ saw that Smith was at top speed and Champ had no chance at closing.

The 2nd Smith catch Champ had him covered, it was a jump ball in a spot where only Smith had a chance to make a play. Flacco did the same thing with Boldin in the SB.

During the season Flacco would have only hit on one of those deep balls. He suddenly got Mark Rypien SB XXVI hot where he couldn't miss anything in the playoffs. I don't know if he won't go bust like Rypien did, a year or 2 after his SB win the dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

That said I would love to have another stud CB set to replace Champ down the road. The NFL is a passing league, you need to be able to shutdown the Passing game, I would love to see this happen, I just don't think it will.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #90
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Nnamdi Aso won't rework his contract and is expected to be released soon. Deep CB draft, and a lot of pretty good CB's out on the street.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #91
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
1st and 4th. I really like the idea of a 1st and a player if that could get it done. Maybe dangle a previous 1st round pick Ayers in front of them. Or an probowler like Beadles. Move Franklin over to LG and use 2nd round pick on DT and 3rd round pick on RT. Snag a RB, S and WR in the th 4th, 5th and 6th.
I would Dangle KM out there also, that would save us another 3.x mill off the books this year.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #92
SlyEli

Updates from Incarcerated Bob For what it's worth...

**BREAKING NEWS**Source: Broncos medical staff in contact with Jets med staff L24Hours #Thinkonit #Revis #IBN yep getting hot hot hot #RT

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Jets trying to use Broncos interest to get 49ers back into #Revis bidding (This is getting good now)
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #93
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
That just blew out his knee.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #94
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Nnamdi Aso won't rework his contract and is expected to be released soon. Deep CB draft, and a lot of pretty good CB's out on the street.
Because he sucks, He hasn't been the same since he left Oakland. Even when he was with Oakland I thought he was overrated.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #95
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

He just added the 49ers and Bucs to his list of teams joining the bidding war. Typical to how he does things. For those keeping score that is 5 out of the 31 teams.

The 49ers have lots of picks, Saints have CB needs and Rob Ryan, Vikings just said they don't view Winfield as a full time CB anymore, the Bucs have DB needs and DEEP pockets, and Denver well Elway has big brass balls.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #96
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Because he sucks, He hasn't been the same since he left Oakland. Even when he was with Oakland I thought he was overrated.
Everyone else thinks its because he was forced to play in a D that was 100% against what he does best as a DB and you comeback with this?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #97
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Who the hell is incarceratedbob?
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #98
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
He just added the 49ers and Bucs to his list of teams joining the bidding war. Typical to how he does things. For those keeping score that is 5 out of the 31 teams.

The 49ers have lots of picks, Saints have CB needs and Rob Ryan, Vikings just said they don't view Winfield as a full time CB anymore, the Bucs have DB needs and DEEP pockets, and Denver well Elway has big brass balls.
He's going to get paid. I think we already know Elway has balls and serious pull within the organization. Unless the Niners go full retard with draft pick compensation to the Jets, I think Bowlen will Pony up the cash to make a serious offer. Sure looks like this is the big FA signing we're chasing.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #99
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The guy makes logic based guesses. That's all. Oh, and just give me Woodson..thanks.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #100
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Everyone else thinks its because he was forced to play in a D that was 100% against what he does best as a DB and you comeback with this?

He was overrated at Oakland too.