The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #51
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

I waffle a lot.....Dunta Robinson just released.......he would work for a lot less
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
We went 13-3 and only lost to the eventual champs because of horrendous (and one-sided) officiating. We don't need to pay Revis $16 million per. Shore up the team through the draft and a few 2nd and 3rd-tier free agent signings, and we're good to go. Giving up the farm for Revis would reek of desperation.
Bingo.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #53
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

We could always pull a Shanahan and draft three corners in a row in the same draft.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #54
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

Puts in to perspective how much of a bargain Chris Harris is for 2013.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #55
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

If you could promise me that he will come back from the ACL or knee injury or whatever it is and be the best corner in the league, I'd say do it. 1st and 3rd and pay his ass.

I just don't trust him though. If the Jets believed in him they wouldn't be trying to trade him. I think whomever breaks the bank to get him will live to regret it.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #56
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

For all those of you that are jumping around and pounding your puds over the thought of Revis coming here, just take a couple steps back, sit down, and think for a minute. If Revis was as awesome as he thinks he is, why are the Jets trying to trade him?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #57
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Couldn't we have some kind of policy NOT to post anything from incarceratedbob, or at least post the opposite of what he says since that is more likely to be true.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #58
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
For all those of you that are jumping around and pounding your puds over the thought of Revis coming here, just take a couple steps back, sit down, and think for a minute. If Revis was as awesome as he thinks he is, why are the Jets trying to trade him?
The Jets sucks balls. They are officially in rebuild mode. Or re-load mode. Whichever.
They need a ton of help, and to do that, they need picks. Lots of em.
So trading away Revis for a kings ransom is right up their alley in terms of overhauling their team.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #59
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
The Jets sucks balls. They are officially in rebuild mode. Or re-load mode. Whichever.
They need a ton of help, and to do that, they need picks. Lots of em.
So trading away Revis for a kings ransom is right up their alley in terms of overhauling their team.
In other words, they see more value in rebuilding through the draft. cough, cough
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #60
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Don't believe it til I hear it from Clayton
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #61
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Don't believe it til I hear it from Clayton
I'm done with my segment, Mom!
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #62
SlyEli

I think they realize that champ is on his last legs as a shutdown corner, and they're securing the lockdown corner role for the next 7 years or so after champ is gone. At that point revis's salary will just replace champ's. I'm not sure how they'll be able to afford paying revis his desired highest contract in the nfl while resigning Von miller in a couple years to what should be another record setting deal.

I don't think compensation to the jets is the big issue, cuz the broncs would likely spend one of the two picks on a corner. I'm just concerned about how they're gonna resign DT, Von, decker, beadles, etc in the next couple years if they tie up all this money now
Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #63
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
If you could promise me that he will come back from the ACL or knee injury or whatever it is and be the best corner in the league, I'd say do it. 1st and 3rd and pay his ass.

I just don't trust him though. If the Jets believed in him they wouldn't be trying to trade him. I think whomever breaks the bank to get him will live to regret it.
1st and 3rd for a guy under a 1 year contract? Pass.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #64
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I don't think compensation to the jets is the big issue, cuz the broncs would likely spend one of the two picks on a corner. I'm just concerned about how they're gonna resign DT, Von, decker, beadles, etc in the next couple years if they tie up all this money now
The draft compensation issue is pretty big. We've probably got 2 good years to make a go of this. CB is far from our greatest need. And they'd have to blow a majority of their FA and Draft wad this year to bring this one guy in. Makes no sense to me.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #65
Powderaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
1st and 3rd for a guy under a 1 year contract? Pass.
I'm pretty sure a contract would be negotiated with Revis first before they made that trade.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #66
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Won't win a bidding war with SF who has way too many draft picks to throw out for Revis.
Agree with this. And as far as paying him I look at the Colts, Browns or Bengals who are all between 44 to 54 mil under the cap.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #67
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Let's say he returns at 90 percent of his previous ability. That still makes him far and away the best CB in the league. Revis, Harris, and Champ blanketing TE's as a roving Big Nickel? Yes please.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #68
SlyEli

Having revis would give champ freedom to lockdown the specialty player of another team...for instance one of the tight ends for New England, while Harris and revis cover the #1 and 2. I'd like to see champ in the free safety role
Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #69
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I'm pretty sure a contract would be negotiated with Revis first before they made that trade.
I'm sure you're right. Which to me translates to spending picks like he's under contract but spending money like he's a free agent. Worst of both worlds. We need both the picks and the cash more in other areas.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #70
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Bottom line is there is a 99 percent chance that whomever you draft at 28 isn't going to have nearly the impact that Revis would have during the Peyton window. I think a 1st rounder and a conditional 3rd rounder in 2014 would be perfectly acceptable to acquire a player of his caliber.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #71
Drunken.Broncoholic

When the 1st is at 28 id take Revis over anyone that would be available in the draft. Revis is the best there is right now. If the pick was UNDER 20, then id pass
Old 03-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #72
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

It's entirely too much money for a position that wasn't an achilles heel for us last year. Yes, Bailey got beat a couple times in the playoffs, but i don't think that's reason to go pay Revis 16 million dollars.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #73
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It's entirely too much money for a position that wasn't an achilles heel for us last year. Yes, Bailey got beat a couple times in the playoffs, but i don't think that's reason to go pay Revis 16 million dollars.
It's not the biggest need for sure. But when teams spread this defense out it has shown to crumble a few times. At 28 there isn't a player that will make an immediate impact that Revis would. And with the manning window open only so long, it's a win now type move as opposed to future what if type move.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #74
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...-revis-island/

looks like this is a real possibility. That would give us a killer CB 3some. Lester hayes. Mike haynes type corners!
Incarcerated Bob followed by rantsports "backing it up"?

Incarcerated Bob is rarely right and Rantsports literally just makes crap up for articles.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #75
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Revis would probably be the difference between a SB appearance this year and ****ting the bed with homefield advantage. It's not so much saying Champ is bad (that's ridiculous), but it's allowing Revis to essentially lock down half of the field (like Champ used to) which will free up Champ to ball-hawk and choke up all of the shallow crap with the TE's (crossing routes, arrow routes etc.) that teams like NE have killed us with in the past. It also allows safety help over the top for Champ, because as we saw in the Divisional, he no longer has the top end speed to keep up with the elite burners one-on-one. Really a no-brainer if you ask me, unless they want two 1st rounders or something.