The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

How good would Bailey be if he had a little more help from the safetys? Let Revis get the island a bit more. Even better Broncos may be able to turn Miller loose more with 2 cbs that can play man to man. That free's up the safetys to handle rbs and TE.

Broncos whole thing at this point should be letting Miller attack the LOS in the run game and the passing game. Whatever players they need on the back end to make that happen i say go for it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #27
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
1st and 4th. I really like the idea of a 1st and a player if that could get it done. Maybe dangle a previous 1st round pick Ayers in front of them. Or an probowler like Beadles. Move Franklin over to LG and use 2nd round pick on DT and 3rd round pick on RT. Snag a RB, S and WR in the th 4th, 5th and 6th.
I don't think Broncos can afford to trade any of the young olineman. I don't really like Beadles a ton but he knows the system and is a pretty good player. Not as physical as i would like but until we have better he is probably going to stay put. Even if we draft a young player like Warford, with Kuper being banged up I don't think we could trade a guard.

We could trade DJ for sure. Unfortunatley it will be Woodyard teams really want.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #28
SlyEli

I'm conflicted on this. I think he will cost too much money. Not picks, but money.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #29
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
We have to get Revis for our 2nd round this yr, and then maybe a 3rd rounder next yr. We can't give up the first round pick.

As far as compensation it won't be little. He will be the highest paid corner in the NFL most likely. If you want the best you have to pay.
considering Xavier Rhodes was our most likely choice in the 1st anyway, i am ok with a 1st and 3rd for Revis. just imagine the 1st 3 rounds picks netting Denver, Revis a guy who can put the defense over the top and create a scenario where Champ Bailey is a number 2 corner and Harris is in the Nickel; and then Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd, a guy with crazy skills and strength to give Denver's offense that strong back that can pick up 3rd and short and be a force at the goal line while also being a nice weapon out of the backfield in the passing game.

2 players and the outcome is SUPER.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
considering Xavier Rhodes was our most likely choice in the 1st anyway, i am ok with a 1st and 3rd for Revis. just imagine the 1st 3 rounds picks netting Denver, Revis a guy who can put the defense over the top and create a scenario where Champ Bailey is a number 2 corner and Harris is in the Nickel; and then Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd, a guy with crazy skills and strength to give Denver's offense that strong back that can pick up 3rd and short and be a force at the goal line while also being a nice weapon out of the backfield in the passing game.

2 players and the outcome is SUPER.
I like Desmond Trufant better. I agree though some strong corners in the first round this yr. Probably 4 will go.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #31
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
How good would Bailey be if he had a little more help from the safetys? Let Revis get the island a bit more. Even better Broncos may be able to turn Miller loose more with 2 cbs that can play man to man. That free's up the safetys to handle rbs and TE.

Broncos whole thing at this point should be letting Miller attack the LOS in the run game and the passing game. Whatever players they need on the back end to make that happen i say go for it.
i salivate at the idea of Von being able to just attack all game long. 18.5 sacks while being used in coverage and playing the run a good portion of the time is unreal. let him do his thing all year long and he could tear down that single season sack record with ease.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #32
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I like Desmond Trufant better. I agree though some strong corners in the first round this yr. Probably 4 will go.
i do too, i just think Rhodes is the most likely to be available at 28
Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
i salivate at the idea of Von being able to just attack all game long. 18.5 sacks while being used in coverage and playing the run a good portion of the time is unreal. let him do his thing all year long and he could tear down that single season sack record with ease.
Having 2 lockdown corners would possibly make that a reality.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #34
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
i do too, i just think Rhodes is the most likely to be available at 28
When i first started looking at Mocks and saw Rhodes and Trufant in top of the 2nd round I had to chuckle. Its like people forget how much corners are valued. Then of course the longer people look at it the start to float higher and higher where now i see Trufant as high as 16 in some Mocks.

Getting Revis instead would be a masterful move if CB is really what we need. I trust Elway at this point until i see otherwise. More then anything just like when he played I am just sitting back and enjoying it.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #35
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Let's get real about the draft. I realize that this is the Madden era, but the simple fact is that if you can get a single hall of fame player in the entire draft class for your team you've done well. Giving up a 1st and 3rd for a hall of fame corner in his prime? Sign me up.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I would think some team like the niners with an extra first rounder would jump on Revis.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #37
Bacchus

Revis would give the Broncos tremendous flexibility on defense. Holy ****, of course Philedelphia was saying the same thing when they had three probowl CBs and that did not work out for them.

With Champ's ball hawking skills I think if Revis came on board Denver needs to immediatly move champ to safety. Of course $10 million safeties are unheard of but he would be worht it.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #38
Bacchus

Quote:
He is going in the top 15 easily. It would be cheaper to trade up and get Trufant than to trade for Revis. Plus Trufant would be much much cheaper.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #39
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

A first and third is insane. **** that. Build through the draft. There are good CBs in this draft and one will be available at 28. I guarantee it. This would be stupid.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 AM   #40
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
A first and third is insane. **** that. Build through the draft. There are good CBs in this draft and one will be available at 28. I guarantee it. This would be stupid.
I agree, I am all about building through the draft, especially since Elway and Fox have been doing a pretty good job of it.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #41
Bacchus

Sources around the league tell NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that the 49ers are "unlikely" to pursue Revis, who would be opposed to taking his island to the Bay Area as a one-year rental. The three-time first-team All Pro reportedly is seeking a contract in the neighborhood of $16 million annually, which would make him the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...49ers-unlikely
Old 03-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #42
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Rant Sports and Incarcerated Bob, quite possibly the least credible "sources" to use for football rumors. All we need is the Bleacher Report and there'd be a perfect trifecta of baseless speculation.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 03-01-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #43
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

You thought my meltdown when we selected Wolfe was bad? I will tear the walls of the internet down if we give up high picks for a high salaried chump with a bum knee.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #44
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

The only reason i can think of that this deal may work is remember when Denver first gave Bailey his extension.......at the time it seemed ridiculous to give one player that you can just avoid that kind of money......but towards the end of the deal and salary cap inflation it was really affordable.

I think we are on the verge of the same thing happening here with the expected explosion in salary cap in the next couple years. Revis will be paid highly now but at the back end of the deal it would be very pedestrian.
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #45
ND Bronco Fan
Ring of Famer

Cut DJ, Mays

Tag Clady, Trade for Revis, Sign Steven Jackson, Draft Lattimore in 3rd and see if you can get Richard Seymour to take a good deal......who cares about MLB
ND Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #46
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Bronco Fan View Post
The only reason i can think of that this deal may work is remember when Denver first gave Bailey his extension.......at the time it seemed ridiculous to give one player that you can just avoid that kind of money......but towards the end of the deal and salary cap inflation it was really affordable.

I think we are on the verge of the same thing happening here with the expected explosion in salary cap in the next couple years. Revis will be paid highly now but at the back end of the deal it would be very pedestrian.
The Cowboys are hoping so. They just re-worked 5 players' salarys for over a $20 million savings, but it is really going to screw them in the years to come.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #47
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I don't see it. $16 million+ a year when you're already paying Manning $20 million+ and you are going to have to pay your left tackle eight figures? Plus, it would be lunacy to pay that kind of money and draft compensation without knowing how his knee is going to hold up.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #48
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

We went 13-3 and only lost to the eventual champs because of horrendous (and one-sided) officiating. We don't need to pay Revis $16 million per. Shore up the team through the draft and a few 2nd and 3rd-tier free agent signings, and we're good to go. Giving up the farm for Revis would reek of desperation.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 03-01-2013 at 06:03 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #49
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I don't see it. $16 million+ a year when you're already paying Manning $20 million+ and you are going to have to pay your left tackle eight figures? Plus, it would be lunacy to pay that kind of money and draft compensation without knowing how his knee is going to hold up.
Agreed. Just dont see it.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #50
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I just tweeted Incarcarated Bob got AIDS from Magic Johnson. This ends the rumor.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote