The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #26
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I have a lot of respect for Moore. He could have gotten out of that locker room without talking to the media, but he stood up like a man and took what was coming to him. He knows he ****ed up, and he manned up about it.

He's not a perfect player; in fact he's far from it. I'd love to have a shot at Reed or Woodson.

Old Dude would like you all to know he's never ever made a mistake.
Like a large, late-season bet for the Broncos to make it to the Superbowl?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I miss the good old days when a coach said something we didn't take it as gospel.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #30
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #31
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #32
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I agree 100% with this take........Manning has sucked in the playoffs and stats and win/loss percentage prove this.

Moore made great strides last year and is very young.........to somehow think he wont get btter with experience is just plain stupid.

I quarantee you this you will NEVER have to tell the kid to play back again in a situation like that.

But throwing him away is just dumb...............however that said we need to draft another safety.
Better to draft a top CB and move Champ to safety.

Champ got burned again in the Pro Bowl.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Better to draft a top CB and move Champ to safety.

Dude, read that last sentence again. That's like saying it's time for Kobe to hang 'em up because howard isley blew by him in a charity game.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #34
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Dude, read that last sentence again. That's like saying it's time for Kobe to hang 'em up because howard isley blew by him in a charity game.
Champs also got burned for 2 TDs against the Ravens. HE SUCKS Get rid of him!!

Manning threw the Game losing INT he sucks get rid of him

Miller was invisible the whole game he sucks get rid of him

Doom was invisible the whole game he sucks get rid of him

Moreno got injured he sucks get rid of him

Hillman did not run the ball well he sucks get rid of him
Old 02-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #35
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
what now?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #36
spiralism

He had improved drastically up to that point and he was one of many players who pissed down their legs that day, along with our coach. I'm all for standing by the lad. Though we should be careful that his ****up hasnt messed with his head and causes him to regress.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #37
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Actually, I would get rid of Hillman, and I don't trust Moreno to stay healthy.

As for the others, they have track records of accomplishments.

Moore has been a hotdog since the day he got here. He wasted his time looking for killshots instead of learning the position and was rightly benched his rookie season in favor of guys who worked harder. He only got a starting job due to injuries and did nothing once he was there.

Yes, he improved his tackling in his second season. Big deal. When the chips are down, he's still a guy who will consistently overestimate his own abilities and ignore his role and assignment on the team in pursuit of the limelight. That's a hotdog and teams with hotdogs always pay dearly, sooner or later.

And if I pulled the equivalent of that kind of boneheaded move in any job I've ever been paid to perform, I'd fully expect to be fired as well.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #38
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Moore had a mediocre year after a terrible rookie season and got burned in historic fashion trying to be a hotdog, destroying Denver's best shot at the Super Bowl in more than a decade. Other than that, he had a fine season.
You should try watching the games sometime, stupid.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #39
SlyEli

Quote:

Moore has been a hotdog since the day he got here. He wasted his time looking for killshots instead of learning the position and was rightly benched his rookie season in favor of guys who worked harder. He only got a starting job due to injuries and did nothing once he was there.

Yes, he improved his tackling in his second season. Big deal. When the chips are down, he's still a guy who will consistently overestimate his own abilities and ignore his role and assignment on the team in pursuit of the limelight. That's a hotdog and teams with hotdogs always pay dearly, sooner or later.

And if I pulled the equivalent of that kind of boneheaded move in any job I've ever been paid to perform, I'd fully expect to be fired as well.
I'm not the biggest rahim fan or anything but this is just stupid. Because he got one penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver, that means he was "looking for killshots instead of trying to learn the position?" seriously? You have no idea what his work ethic is. Headhunting and learning the position are unrelated. How do you know the guys that replaced him were harder workers?

I do agree that he was a terrible tackler and did nothing great in coverage. But to knock him for things you have no idea about is just stupid
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #40
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Actually, I would get rid of Hillman
why? he's the only RB on the roster with gamebreaker ability and he's only entering his 2nd season. It wouldn't make any sense to get rid of Hillman right now unless some crazy team threw Denver an offer it couldn't refuse
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I'm not the biggest rahim fan or anything but this is just stupid. Because he got one penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver, that means he was "looking for killshots instead of trying to learn the position?" seriously? You have no idea what his work ethic is. Headhunting and learning the position are unrelated. How do you know the guys that replaced him were harder workers?

I do agree that he was a terrible tackler and did nothing great in coverage. But to knock him for things you have no idea about is just stupid
Moore is one of the best tacklers on the team. How do you people not see that?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #42
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Moreno got injured he sucks get rid of him
Finally someone who agrees with me that KM sucks!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #43
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Moore is one of the best tacklers on the team. How do you people not see that?
I was referring to his rookie season. He was one of the top tacklers among safeties last year. But his rookie year was embarrassing
Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Finally someone who agrees with me that KM sucks!
He used to suck, then he improved to slightly above average. I still think they can do better.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #45
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Cut, remember that Adams deal expires after next year. Quinton Carter definitely showed promise, but he had microfracture -- he is an unknown. I love Bruton as a reserve safety and special teams player, but that is what he is. So essentially we have Moore, Carter, Adams (contract year) and FA in Bruton (who they will re-sign) and Jim Leonhard (FA).

Three guys on the team, one was on IR last year.

For Elway to say they are fine there is hore****.

He even said UDFA Stevie Johnson will compete at MIKE with Nate Irving (special teams guys) to be a starter. Not to mention the FA we have there and the likelihood of Williams getting dumped.

Does Elway think we are stupid?

Everyone knows that DB/LB is a big need for this team. If they stick with what they got and don't improve there, they are a-holes of the highest level.

Watch them blow our first round pick on some turd who doesn't even contribute right away.
I think Elway seems to like to go for someone who can contribute right away with the first round pick. But only 2 yrs worth of picks to look at so who knows. I agree there is room for another safety to make the roster. I just feel it will probably be a free agent.

if you think back though Elway probably remember how Broncos used to be known for our linebackers and safetys. Maybe he will want to look for an absolute stud on the back end. Hell move up and grab Vaccaro I don't really care.

Like you mostly I just want players who make the team and contribute. That is how you get better. We still have enough holes IMO to look for better players at RB, OG, C, DT, DE, ILB, CB, S in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Seriously the team isn't that good despite the 13-3 record.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:40 AM   #46
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I was referring to his rookie season. He was one of the top tacklers among safeties last year. But his rookie year was embarrassing
Oh yeah, he was a major disappointment his rookie year. That makes his turnaround even more spectacular. He could make another huge improvement this offseason.

I really like Moore, he is fast and by looking at him you think he is kinda frail for a safety but he isn't. He isnot a big hitter but he brings them down.

I see Champ and Moore back there and Denver would have the fastest safeties in the NFL.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 AM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Moore's season was medicore by NFL standards. But he went from sort of crappy, to now being sort of an avg nfl player. Let's give him that 3rd yr and see if he can make it to above avg. Who knows though maybe he is shell shocked and will have trouble focusing on getting better. Hopefully though it just motivates him to make big plays and get a superbowl ring.

This team could win it all with just a few more good players and less mistakes. The main key will be less friggin mistakes.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #48
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Moore's season was medicore by NFL standards. But he went from sort of crappy, to now being sort of an avg nfl player. Let's give him that 3rd yr and see if he can make it to above avg. Who knows though maybe he is shell shocked and will have trouble focusing on getting better. Hopefully though it just motivates him to make big plays and get a superbowl ring.

This team could win it all with just a few more good players and less mistakes. The main key will be less friggin mistakes.
He was one of the leading tacklers on one of the best defenses in the NFL. He also had one of the lowest missed tackle ratios. Go ahead and say it, he played well last year.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #49
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

In related news--

Champ Bailey still the best corner in the game...
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #50
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

Due respect, but how do you hotdog it in the fry pit?