The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #51
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I think your reaction to this in part comes from how much you believe your choices are influenced by external forces like government or the absence of government (where companies then take their place). It's a central American question.

I believe government has a responsibility to protect its people from the profit motive in specific cases where it going unregulated would be harmful to them - the biggest example to me is food and health. All of these companies could still make a ton of money they just won't make as much but WE won't be paying the healthcare costs.

There's also culture - think the BBC's relatively profit free approach to nurturing British culture with its music shows and thought provoking documentaries. Then compare that to the severely diminished PBS going up against for profit guys like Bravo that see the latest hair competition as the fastest way to make a buck. It's the cultural equivalent of the food problem outlined in the NYT article.

Those are just two examples.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #52
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

I Fear the govt that thinks it can make my choice for me. First guns than food then ?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #53
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

henry Kissinger
If you control the oil, you control entire nations. If you control the food, you control the people. If you control the money, your control the entire world.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #54
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Very cool, thanks good fella. I'll do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
make the commitment for 28 days. just do it.... go completely clean, purge your system of all of that. Think of it as a detox.

Once you do it and start eating "regular" food again, you will notice that it's generally too sweet and salty, as you won't be desensitized any more. that will help you stay on track and keep your diet in check.

Here's how you do it:

Over the weekend, purge your fridge/pantry of everything that you know you shouldn't be eating. When we did that, we ended up giving lots of stuff to the local food banks and friends/neighbors. Go buy the real food that you want to eat. Make sure to buy whatever it is you want to snack on - I ate a ton of nuts (which can be expensive).

Start the cleanse on a Monday. That gives you 5 days of trying to establish good patterns at work where you have fewer temptations. Weekends are tougher - if you can make it through 5 days, it's easier to do two more days before Monday comes again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #55
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

for those who are going to try to go to a naturalist/healthy diet, remember that the myths surrounding saturated fat youve been told your whole life are not true. getting rid of processed carbs will drastically decrease your caloric intake, and you need to make up atleast some of those calories from somewhere.

animal meat contains saturated fat, and for over 2 million years humans evolved and adapted to eating animal meat. how people came to the conclusion its bad for you is ridiculous (read: good calories, bad calories for the background info).

you will find, quickly, its hard to eat a LOT when you get rid of the junk in your house
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #56
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Too much animal protein IS not good for some people.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #57
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Too much protein is not good for people period.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote