The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #101
FearLanier

You've gotta think Andy Reid looked at this QB class at the combine and just shook his head with disgust.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #102
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
I think this is a good move for KC. Smith is better than Cassell. This move doesn't preclude KC from still drafting a QB this year and grooming him while Smith provides some stability with Reid coaching him up much like Harbaugh did.

A 2nd and mid round pick for a starting QB is not a high price to pay.
You do realize Chiefs' 2nd is basically a low first round, right? Also, 2014 pick could go as high as a 2nd, which could be close to this year's.

Niners raped Chorfs without lubing.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #103
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
You've gotta think Andy Reid looked at this QB class at the combine and just shook his head with disgust.
That's pretty much it. A bad year if QB is the need. That's how over paying for someone can bite you in the ass
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #104
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Reading the chiefs fan page is painful. Funny, but painful.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #105
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
but Geno Smith was going to win you guys a SB this year!

Smith will be able to run his offense and dink and dunk it. It is funny to see that he actually has more INT's than Cassel does for his career.

It is also funny that kFc could have signed him last year and kept their high picks.

He will be able to do enough to keep kFc in games but without an OL and a D that can come up with more stops you guys are looking at a 6 win season if your lucky.

Think about it, you are going to be forced to use your 1st over all pick on an OT, they will likely let Albert walk rather than pay him. So you lose a Vet. Push if not a loss because the rook is unknown.

You don't have a 2nd round pick. kFc needs a C and G so likely in the 3rd or 4th they need to draft OL again. They are desperate at WR where the 2nd round pick would have been nice. They have a need at DT so there is a pick, They need a Safety and at least one CB as well as a KR.

Wasting those 1st 2 picks is going hurt in the long run.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #106
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
but Geno Smith was going to win you guys a SB this year!

Smith will be able to run his offense and dink and dunk it. It is funny to see that he actually has more INT's than Cassel does for his career.

It is also funny that kFc could have signed him last year and kept their high picks.

He will be able to do enough to keep kFc in games but without an OL and a D that can come up with more stops you guys are looking at a 6 win season if your lucky.

Think about it, you are going to be forced to use your 1st over all pick on an OT, they will likely let Albert walk rather than pay him. So you lose a Vet. Push if not a loss because the rook is unknown.

You don't have a 2nd round pick. kFc needs a C and G so likely in the 3rd or 4th they need to draft OL again. They are desperate at WR where the 2nd round pick would have been nice. They have a need at DT so there is a pick, They need a Safety and at least one CB as well as a KR.

Wasting those 1st 2 picks is going hurt in the long run.
You're acting like Branden Albert is gone already.

The Chiefs have been speaking with Branden Albert. It is reported that they are working on something.

I won't believe Albert is gone until I see it happen.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #107
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I have no idea what the KC front office is thinking

Obviously this has Reid written all over it

They probably could gotten Orton or Matt Moore for a fraction of what they gave up for Smith

This is the Matt Cassel situation all over again

the 34th overall pick in the draft and a conditional pick next year(I read it is a 3rd that could turn into a 2nd) for a mediocre qb is horrible value

I get that this draft class is poor with qb talent, but that doesnt mean you give up premium picks for another team's backup
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #108
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
i think he realized that every QB in this draft is gonna need 2-3 years to develop and may as well draft a Tyler Bray in the 3rd or 4th and take your chances than use a 1st on a potential Sanchez.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #109
Bacchus

Quote:
You're acting like Branden Albert is gone already.

The Chiefs have been speaking with Branden Albert. It is reported that they are working on something.

I won't believe Albert is gone until I see it happen.
They have been calling Albert but he has not been able to get out of bed to return their call because of his bad back. Suck it Chiefs!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #110
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This was my favorite post in the KCplanet thread.

Hey Andy Reid......got anymore other kids that can die?

AND YOU GUYS SAY I AM BAD! at least i am trying to be funny most of the time lol. Holy cow welcome to KC Reid.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #111
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Since Albert not really the huge problem on the KC offense, and they traded the 2nd round pick, if they then draft a LT first round it doesn't really seem like they will be able to get much better on offense.

If they tag Bowe they have Charles and Bowe but a medicore QB to get them the ball.

Having to give up the 2nd round pick was huge. Had it been the 3rd round pick then win for Queefs. But it was the 2nd rounder and now you can't really improve the team that much. Throw in FA don't want to sign in KC and it could be overpaying time for them.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #112
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

They love their game managers in KC this is about 40 years of them so far.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #113
extralife
Ring of Famer

On the plus side, KC fans, the Broncos didn't have to give up any picks for Peyton Manning.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #114
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I actually feel sorry for Chef fans. There, I said it. Not only did they burn what's essentially a low 1st round pick and another high round pick in 2014 for captain tiny hands, but in doing so, they'll have just enough success with him to ensure another 4 or 5 years of poor QB play. Hell, they gave Matt Cassel 4 years and Alex Smith is ****ing prime Warren Moon compared to that.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #115
FearLanier

Great news for Chiefs

ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral
Bowe Loves Alex Smith Trade: Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was very happy to hear of the Alex Smith trade and... http://wp.me/pcQbV-2bn

Signing Bowe would be huge. That means we can tag Albert and get that 2nd round pick back if we lose him.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #116
BroncsCheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It's a second rounder plus a conditional pick (2nd to 4th) in next years draft. ADAM SCHEFTER.

WATCH THE MELTDOWN
It's delicious!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #117
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Some awesome reactions to the news that Matt Cassel is going to get cut.

Quote:
Only the Chiefs would make a QB move that makes me get zero enjoyment out of cutting Cassel.
Quote:
I didn't think anything could dampen my joy at the news of Cassel being cut. Boy was I wrong.
Quote:
Why cut Cassel he had "ONE" good season like Alex.

Should keep Cassel and saved our 2nd rounder
Quote:
Cassel isn't getting cut. We're giving him a different jersey.
Quote:
Why are we cutting him? Shouldn't we be able to trade him for a few second rounders now that Andy has set the market?
Quote:
Meet the new bum. Same as the old bum.
We won't be fooled again.
Quote:
Nope-we just traded for his clone. Rot in Hell, Clark.
Quote:
This should make me happy but I really could give a **** now with Alex Smiff on the team that just kills the mood.
Quote:
Am I the only one who believes Kyle Orton is better than Alex Smith?
Quote:
I love how nobody cares. All that b****ing over the past 4 years and this is it?
Quote:
Man **** this franchise. I hate that I can't stop being a fan in moments like this. It's like I just keep coming back for that hit of meth even though I know it's going to make me feel like **** and make the rest of my teeth fall out.
Quote:
Clark treats this team and its fans like the rubes they are: fools to be soaked of their money. He stepped in and fired ***** because of attendance. The record didn't matter to Hunt, the consequence of the record (fewer ST sales, concessions, etc) did. The man doesn't care about winning and that's obviously noted by the fact that he never takes risks to win. The target for this organization is 8-8 because they know that if they hover around that mark they don't have to spend much money and money will flow in from desperate, deluded fans who hope for a chance.

Some companies invest in their products by spending more money to make them with the best materials possible. Others cut corners at every turn to save money and create a perception of value that isn't really there.

This is the Wal-Mart of professional football teams.

Last edited by spdirty; 02-27-2013 at 07:36 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #118
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Great news for Chiefs

ProFootballCentral ‏@PFCentral
Bowe Loves Alex Smith Trade: Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was very happy to hear of the Alex Smith trade and... http://wp.me/pcQbV-2bn

Signing Bowe would be huge. That means we can tag Albert and get that 2nd round pick back if we lose him.
You really just buy into anything they put in print, hook, line and sinker, huh?

You know the only thing Bowe likes more than Smith? Million dollar bills. He's going to whoever hands out more of them.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #119
BroncsCheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Some awesome reactions to the news that Matt Cassel is going to get cut.
How perfectly apropos is that next to the last one?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #120
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
How perfectly apropos is that next to the last one?
yeah sounds like he is speaking from personal experience
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #121
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Considering the earth shattering events Broncos QB changes have been for the last decade, you cannot take too much enjoyment from chief fans going through the same thing.

Even when they deserve it.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #122
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Considering the earth shattering events Broncos QB changes have been for the last decade, you cannot take too much enjoyment from chief fans going through the same thing.

Even when they deserve it.

I can. **** em.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #123
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I can. **** em.

Its odd to see division teams suffer coaching and personnel changes when our favorite team recently suffered the same thing. Its like a twisted apathy. Like oh...how bad for you? ...get off my porch.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #124
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Max Cady perfectly sums up my reaction to this trade:

QFT
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #125
Bob's your Information Minister