The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #51
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I think he is probably going to get 3.5 -- 4 million a year + whatever bonus. That's why I did 15.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #52
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

if the price is right i would love it. but if he wants a big deal then pass and look to the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #53
Bacchus

Jackson will cost over $7 million a year. Draft a RB and bring back the ones on the roster and let them fight it out.

That is the same price Denver will pay for Moreno, McGahee, Hillman and a rookie combined.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #54
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Just because his final year of his contract for 7 million was void doesn't mean he is going to get that money. Despite his caliber of career, he is 29. Nobody is going to shell out that for a running back who probably has 2-3 GREAT years lef tin him.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I like the idea of drafting a young RB, signing Jackson, waiving Mcgahee keep Moreno as a bkup and Hillman as a bit player.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #56
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Mark J. Rebilas-USA Today Sports

The Denver Broncos have some planning to do as they settle into the waiting period right before free agency begins in a couple weeks. As a team that went 13-3 in 2012, there really is not too many holes to be filled, but executive VP John Elway, head coach John Fox and the rest of his staff have a couple of tough decisions to make with current players. The biggest one in many eyes is whether or not RB Willis McGahee is the answer in 2013.

This is where RB Steven Jackson comes into the talks.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...-is-available/

Yes or No ?

I like the Idea. I like big power backs. Sounds like a lot of if's though.
dear god please do NOT let this happen. i hate used up old backs. just draft LeVeon Bell in the 2nd or 3rd round and forget these run down backs.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #57
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

I would love Bell in the 2nd/3rd...but I wouldn't mind SJ either, I have said all along we are a DT and good RB away from going up another level. Add in a Slot, Mike, and OG and we are really doing well.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #58
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
dear god please do NOT let this happen. i hate used up old backs. just draft LeVeon Bell in the 2nd or 3rd round and forget these run down backs.
There is nothing stopping us from signing Jackson and drafting a guy in the mid to late rounds. When you're a team that wants to control the clock with the run like all Fox teams do, you need multiple quality backs. Right now I'm not even sure we have one, especially when you factor in injury issues.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #59
yerner
Ring of Famer

I think I'd rather have Ivory. Jackson seems to get dinged up every game.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #60
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Le'Veon Bell could be Steven Jackson's lovechild.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #61
Bmore Manning

Obviously Jackson is the ultimate prize. I like Reqs 3 year $15 million proposal. McGahee and Moreno account for $6 million against the cap..

This may not be the popular opinion but I think Moreno is average at best..Sure he's solid in pass protection, but he doesn't possess homerun explosiveness and he's not a power back.. Moreno cannot stay healthy.

McGahee also cannot stay healthy, and he's similar to
Moreno but better in his ability to get tough yards..

Ivory would be interesting in that he has homerun explosiveness, and has some ability to fight for tough yards, but he's not a bruiser. His pass protection and ability to catch out of the backfield are unproven...

Jackson to me can do it all.. He even can hit the long homerun.. He's great in pass protection, his hands are soft, his ability to fight for short yardage is great. Imagine him motivated to win and on a team where he's not the focal point of defenses.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #62
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It seems that many think SJ is a beast, but will come cheap. If he is superior to all of the Bronco backs, why does anyone think he will come cheap? $15 million over 5 years? Really?
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #63
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
It seems that many think SJ is a beast, but will come cheap. If he is superior to all of the Bronco backs, why does anyone think he will come cheap? $15 million over 5 years? Really?
$15 million 3 years.. $5 million a year..
Old 02-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #64
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
because, the assumption is that the dude has made enough money and now wants to play for a ring on a top team that will still feature him.
we're one of about 3 teams that can offer that and we're under the cap + he's never played with a QB like Manning.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #65
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
$15 million 3 years.. $5 million a year..
It was suggested that he should be signed for $15 million over 5 years. Ridiculous. I just don't see him voiding a $7 million a year contract to sign a $5 million a year. Yes, the first one is 1 year and the second one is 3 years, but if he gets hurt, the second one might be 1 year also.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #66
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
because, the assumption is that the dude has made enough money and now wants to play for a ring on a top team that will still feature him.
we're one of about 3 teams that can offer that and we're under the cap + he's never played with a QB like Manning.
I guess I'm just not buying into that theory. I don't think it happens as much as people want to think. I think it happens some in the NBA, but seldom in the NFL. I read several message boards and just about everyone says the same thing. He will give us a great deal because... The Jets board is because he gets to play in NY. The Dolphin board is because of no state tax and South Beach. The Chiefs board because...ok, there is really no reason to want to go to KC.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #67
uplink
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
there really is not too many holes to be filled,
Must be insight from an opposing defense (considering the quality of the broncos backup offensive linemen and the fact that a few starting offensive linemen are injuried)
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #68
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
It was suggested that he should be signed for $15 million over 5 years. Ridiculous. I just don't see him voiding a $7 million a year contract to sign a $5 million a year. Yes, the first one is 1 year and the second one is 3 years, but if he gets hurt, the second one might be 1 year also.
I suggested three years with a total contract value of 15 million dollars. My guess is that he is going to get around a four year deal upwards of 20 million with bonuses, etc.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #69
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I suggested three years with a total contract value of 15 million dollars. My guess is that he is going to get around a four year deal upwards of 20 million with bonuses, etc.
You may be correct, but I think he is going to get more than $5 million per year. Unless it is a 3/15 with a lot of guarantees and/or front loaded so that if he is cut, he gets paid a good sum.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #70
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

We would roll with Jackson running the FB. Even if he's slightly diminished. He'd run right through the arm tackles that took Hillman down consistently and he'd get a lot more than the six yards KM gets when he gets to the second level.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #71
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
We would roll with Jackson running the FB. Even if he's slightly diminished. He'd run right through the arm tackles that took Hillman down consistently and he'd get a lot more than the six yards KM gets when he gets to the second level.
Jackson at FB..?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #72
Bmore Manning

Quote:
You may be correct, but I think he is going to get more than $5 million per year. Unless it is a 3/15 with a lot of guarantees and/or front loaded so that if he is cut, he gets paid a good sum.
So you think he wants North of $7 million? I think at this point he wants to go to a contender, but of course he wants solid money. ($5million a year range)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #73
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Drooling right now thinking about SJ running the power formation. If we want to run it down your throat, we would finally have the RB to deliver punishment and get the tough yards.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #74
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #75
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

It'd be nice to see a guy of his ilk playing on a Championship team and it would be a pleasure cheering for the guy after all he's gone through in St. Louis with their horrid teams. Bet he'd play like a man on a mission.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote