The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #26
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Spaghetti, meet wall.

Also wtf does he mean with that jab at Marino and Elway? What does "awkward" even refer to?
He has balls to talk abou the amount of money Elway and Marino made over their careers. Elway made 45 million over his whole career. He makes that in two seasons.

May 2o11 to May 2012 Earnings according to Forbes: $27 Million
May 2o10 to May 2011 Earnings according to Forbes: $31 Million
Tom Brady’s Career Salary:
2009 Patriots – $ 8,007,280
2008 Patriots – $ 8,001,320
2007 Patriots – $ 6,005,160
2006 Patriots – $ 16,004,840
2005 Patriots – $ 15,654,180
2004 Patriots – $ 5,504,200
2003 Patriots – $ 3,129,700
2002 Patriots – $ 3,878,780
2001 Patriots – $ 314,993
2000 Patriots – $ 205,800

Elway’s base salary was $1.4 million in 1989. It reached the $2-million mark in 1993.

In 1998, Elway restructured his contract to help the Denver Broncos free up money under the salary cap. The restructuring will lowered his base salary from $4.05 million to $300,000 — one of the lowest base salaries for an NFL starting quarterback that season.

Contracts
1996: Signed a 5-year, $29.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos.
1987: Signed a 6-year, $9.7-million contract extension with the Denver Broncos.
1983: Signed a 6-year, $12.7 million contract with the Denver Broncos.
- See more at: http://celebnetworth.org/john-elway-....qpQ7hD5o.dpuf

Tom Brady makes a **** ton more then John did in his last years
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #27
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't know what kind of WR they can land. If I'm a start WR's in my 20's and I want to make some bank, I'm probably not going to sign with NE and be possible the 4th options. You know Brady loves to hit those TE's and Welker too. I just don't see a stud WR wanting to go there unless it's a situation like they had with Moss. Somebody who is past his prime years and looking for rings rather then a payday.

And what's wrong with Lloyd? He's still a good WR. You just have to throw to him more then twice a game. Hard to do in NE with Welker and those TE's getting all the balls. Not to mention they throw to the RB's alot also.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #28
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
And what's wrong with Lloyd? He's still a good WR. You just have to throw to him more then twice a game. Hard to do in NE with Welker and those TE's getting all the balls. Not to mention they throw to the RB's alot also.
Ummmm, what? Twice a game? He had 74 receptions last season and just about as many targets as Welker and more than anyone else.

Any receiver that goes there will get all the targets they need if padding their numbers for a third contract down the road is all they want.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Somewhat but not when making the money that these guys are talking. Look at California taxes. The whole reason the heat pulled off the big 3 was no state income tax.
and Phil Mickelson was just complaining about CA state taxes several weeks ago and said he might actually leave the state. I know the average American looks at him and his annual 60 million a year income but when you figure out how much state tax you're paying there, it adds up. That's why so many golfers live in FL.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #30
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummmm, what? Twice a game? He had 74 receptions last season and just about as many targets as Welker and more than anyone else.

Any receiver that goes there will get all the targets they need if padding their numbers for a third contract down the road is all they want.
I wasn't meaning he was thrown to literally twice, cmon now. But I do remember when they had all their guys healthy he wasn't throw to alot. With them losing both their TE's at different parts of the season, that helped him get thrown to more. If those 2 TE's and Welker never missed a game, I bet Lloyd's catches would be in the 40's or 50's.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #31
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Somewhat but not when making the money that these guys are talking. The whole reason the heat pulled off the big 3 was no state income tax. Look at Mass for example
OK, let's look at Mass for example:

Garnett, Pierce and Allen.....the original Big 3....chose Mass.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #32
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I wasn't meaning he was thrown to literally twice, cmon now. But I do remember when they had all their guys healthy he wasn't throw to alot.
You just keep making things up. Here are his targets by week:

An average of 8.5 targets per game, evenly dispersed throughout the season regardless of who was healthy or not.

It was his reception percentage of 56.2 that the team has a problem with and will be why he's let go. I'm guessing that you didn't really watch them all of last season like I did. You're just basing your opinion off his final reception numbers.....NOT his actual targets.

http://www.kffl.com/player/5908/nfl/...oyd?uyear=2012
Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
OK, let's look at Mass for example:

Garnett, Pierce and Allen.....the original Big 3....chose Mass.
Well none choose Boston. Pierce was drafted and the other 2 were traded for but that isn't the point. Rich people are money ahead moving main residence to a state with no state income tax no matter how you slice it.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #34
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Rich people are money ahead moving main residence to a state with no state income tax no matter how you slice it.
I'll disagree. There are MANY other factors to consider. Income tax is one very small one.