The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #76
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Matt Barrows is a credible 49er insider and he's saying they still are shopping him. Never know who to believe anymore
The way NFL Live reported it, I got the impression that they meant more that it was a done deal that they were going to trade him and had a couple of trading partners interested.

Either way this goes I just hope it ends in fail for kFc it has been fun laughing at them this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #77
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I just hope they pick a loser.
Isn't KC Chief synonymous with loser?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #78
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Could have had Russel Wilson, Dalton or Kaepernick the last two drafts but now they'll have to settle for trading for Alex Smith?

Nice!
They could do a lot worse than Alex Smith...keep in mind SF made it to NFCCG with him, and was a muffed punt away from the SB......doesn't mean Smith is a top notch QB, but it does mean if you put him in the right system and give him some decent talent, he can produce well enough to make it to a SB.

People on here said he had a good running game in SF....like Jamaal Charles can't generate a good run game in KC?

They said he had a good defense in SF....sure, but KC had a decent defense probably a player or two away from being as good as SF's

That's two elements that he benefited from in SF that could help him in KC
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #79
Agamemnon

It's going to be interesting watching Alex Smith run an Andy Reid offense. I'll say that much. Here's hoping he's just good enough to keep them out of range of a great QB next year.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #80
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
They could do a lot worse than Alex Smith...keep in mind SF made it to NFCCG with him, and was a muffed punt away from the SB......doesn't mean Smith is a top notch QB, but it does mean if you put him in the right system and give him some decent talent, he can produce well enough to make it to a SB.

People on here said he had a good running game in SF....like Jamaal Charles can't generate a good run game in KC?

They said he had a good defense in SF....sure, but KC had a decent defense probably a player or two away from being as good as SF's

That's two elements that he benefited from in SF that could help him in KC
The problem is KC is not a 49ers type of football team. Not even close especially with Andy Reid in charge.

Teams like that need a power type of running game like the 49ers have. Not a boom or bust type that running backs like Charles provide. Not that it matters because Andy Reid is allergic to running the ball anyway.

The Chiefs defense is absolutely NOT a player or two away from being as good as the 49ers. (My jaw dropped when I read this.) They have Hali and a couple of other nice players but that's about it.

Who is this guy they brought in for their DC? He was the Jets DC while Mangini was there and produced very unspectacular defenses. Then he was demoted to LB coach when Ryan arrived and got promoted back to DC last year. Not that it matters because that was Rex's defense anyway but last year's defense was statistically the worst in the Rex Ryan era.

Everything about the Chiefs right now screams mediocre at best, just like Alex Smith. What a perfect fit they would be.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:40 AM   #81
ol#7

Makes alot of sense of KFC actually. There are no franchise QB's at the top of the draft. Bad year to have the pick.

I thought Smith had really came into his own before Harbaugh sandbagged him.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:40 AM   #82
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
He's a really good fit for KC and for Andy Reid. It's a no-brainer to me, and I'm thrilled the Niners are getting something for him. I think the Chiefs could win 7 or 8 games next year.

Please, this is another stupid is as stupid does move for KC.

Alex Smith had a great as in consistent running game and a great defense in SF , neither of which exist in KC and regardless of some of your man love for scat back Charles he isn't going to keep the heat off of Smith and BTW who the hell will he be throwing it to ?

Mark my words this will work about as well as Elvis Grbac did..........

****in morons can't even learn from their own earlier mistakes........
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #83
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
The problem is KC is not a 49ers type of football team. Not even close especially with Andy Reid in charge.

Teams like that need a power type of running game like the 49ers have. Not a boom or bust type that running backs like Charles provide. Not that it matters because Andy Reid is allergic to running the ball anyway.

The Chiefs defense is absolutely NOT a player or two away from being as good as the 49ers. (My jaw dropped when I read this.) They have Hali and a couple of other nice players but that's about it.

Who is this guy they brought in for their DC? He was the Jets DC while Mangini was there and produced very unspectacular defenses. Then he was demoted to LB coach when Ryan arrived and got promoted back to DC last year. Not that it matters because that was Rex's defense anyway but last year's defense was statistically the worst in the Rex Ryan era.

Everything about the Chiefs right now screams mediocre at best, just like Alex Smith. What a perfect fit they would be.

Smart and accurate take even if you are a Chugger fan .....................
Old 02-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #84
ol#7

Makes alot of sense of KFC actually. There are no franchise QB's at the top of the draft. Bad year to have the pick.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #85
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Geno Smith is down on his knees somewhere, praying that the Chiefs get Alex Smith.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #86
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post

Yep, Trent Dilfer looked pretty good with a stout defense and consistent running gane....consistent being the main word.........

Charled stuffed for a loss or getting 1 yard and then on third and long you expect Smith to throw the ball to who exactly ?

Crap...our coach didn't trust PFM on third down with all our receivers WTF do you think ANDY REID will do on third and long ?

If he is smart just go ahead and punt it..............lol
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #87
Bacchus

I so hope Smith signs a huge deal with KFC. I don't think he is much better than Cassell. He takes care of the ball better but I believe Cassell is the better passer.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #88
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Yep, Trent Dilfer looked pretty good with a stout defense and consistent running gane....consistent being the main word.........

Charled stuffed for a loss or getting 1 yard and then on third and long you expect Smith to throw the ball to who exactly ?

Crap...our coach didn't trust PFM on third down with all our receivers WTF do you think ANDY REID will do on third and long ?

If he is smart just go ahead and punt it..............lol

Philly passed the ball 59.9% of the time last year, which I believe is the norm for a Reid led offense. So it will go pass on 1st, pass on 2nd. Lets completely fool them and pass on third. Punt. He had McCoy, who is one of the better backs in the league. Charles better make alot happen with the 8-13 carries he will get a game.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #89
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I so hope Smith signs a huge deal with KFC. I don't think he is much better than Cassell. He takes care of the ball better but I believe Cassell is the better passer.
Come on! I would take Smith over Cassell anyday of the week. Of course that would not include Monday because no way in hell that the NFL is going to put that ****ty team on prime time to start the week.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #90
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Come on! I would take Smith over Cassell anyday of the week. Of course that would not include Monday because no way in hell that the NFL is going to put that ****ty team on prime time to start the week.
I would take Smith over Cassell any day of the week as well because he takes care of the ball better, he does not fumble or throw ints and is a decent leader. That being said Cassell is the better passer and the difference between them is not so much that KC should be thinking playoffs if they sign Smith.

In fact if i had the option of trading for Smith or just drafting Geno at #1 I'd draft Geno at 1 and go from there. With the new rookie wages the Chefs won't get burned on his salary and why waste 3 or 4 years with Alex Smith as your QB?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #91
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

IMO the Chiefs go conservative and go with the safe choice in Alex Smith.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #92
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
They already went liberal by blowing a ton of money based on a better system with better players and 1 year to view from a backup college QB. I don't blame them for going this route and still have the #1 pick for a better need in a class with no Top 10 QB.

Can we add to the infamous stat of Chiefs with no drafted QB having a win since (1999?)?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #93
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:

Safe guess since they haven't made a real splash in free agency in my lifetime so yea you are probably correct.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #94
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Geno scares me much more than Alex Smith.. as much as possible from the Chiefs that is. If I'm Charles I'm begging for Vick, Geno, anyone that would give the Chiefs a non-dink and dunker for the first time in anyone's memory. Except Tyler Palko. That dude could ball.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #95
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
Geno scares me much more than Alex Smith.. as much as possible from the Chiefs that is. If I'm Charles I'm begging for Vick, Geno, anyone that would give the Chiefs a non-dink and dunker for the first time in anyone's memory. Except Tyler Palko. That dude could ball.
Let's not forget the other Tyler - Tyler Thigpen.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #96
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Philly passed the ball 59.9% of the time last year, which I believe is the norm for a Reid led offense. So it will go pass on 1st, pass on 2nd. Lets completely fool them and pass on third. Punt. He had McCoy, who is one of the better backs in the league. Charles better make alot happen with the 8-13 carries he will get a game.

This is not a good fit for Alex Smith. Alex Smith is a quality game manager, but if he's asked to pass constantly he is going to struggle.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #97
jerseyboiler120

I can see Charles being used to catch passes in the same way McCoy did. Alex Smith can do this.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #98
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
This is not a good fit for Alex Smith. Alex Smith is a quality game manager, but if he's asked to pass constantly he is going to struggle.
Exactly. In SF it got to a point where he didnt even look to attempt a pass over 15 yards. Smith is pretty much Orton without as many turnovers. Manager
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #99
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
I can see Charles being used to catch passes in the same way McCoy did. Alex Smith can do this.

For christ sake that team is nowhere near good enough to make Smith look adequate like SF did.............there is a reason why he failed until landing in SF...................

I guarantee you this will blow up KC like a nuclear bomb.

Here is to them paying him millions...................
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #100
FearLanier

Alex Smith is easily the best choice right now. Geno Smith really scares me, especially after his interview with Mooch where he got confused.

I think Reid is going to go the same route Mike Shannahan did. Don't waste a 1st round pick on an average-at-best QB simply because it's a need. Build the team up with BPA philosophy and trade for a band-aid until you identify your guy in the draft.

And anyone who says Matt Cassel is better than Alex Smith should be shot. Cassel never beat good teams. Ever. He always played like **** and turned the ball over against good defenses.
At least Alex Smith has shown he can beat good teams.

He's an average QB, but he's much better than Cassel.