The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #351
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
^You are crazy if you think LA can't contend when healthy. Crawford isn't going anywhere. That is why they have been batting Puig in the 2 spot, so he can get used to batting there. Crawford, Puig, Gonzo, Ramirez, Kemp/Ethier is a dangerous lineup against any team. Maybe you should just look at what the team has been doing over the last bit of the season.

Even if Kemp got hurt this game it doesn't change much IMO.
Puig and Ramirez are playing out of the norm right now(well out of their norm), Kemp is injury ravaged and probably won't be as productive as his MVP caliber season(just the nature of his injury, should be back to "normal" next year).
Its the injuries with Crawford that have popped up so much the past few years as well.
And no, I don't think the Dodgers could beat some of the other teams in the playoffs. It starts with them needing to groom their own prospects, instead of them trading them away for potential help now. One of the OF's will need to go, either Ethier, Kemp or Crawford if they want to continue with Puig. Really they should try to get bullpen help bad. Glenn Perkins, Addison Reed, Chishek, don't know who else might be available out there.

I mean, same way I view the Rockies. No way do I think they are contenders even though they have solid pieces in place. It pains me to see them interested in Nolasco.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #352
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Giants batted out of order! RBI double taken off the board.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #353
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm glad Sale made the All Star team. He definitely earned it. His W/L record isn't a true reflection of how good he has been this year...unfortunately the team as a whole is trash so that weighed him down. Kid has been terrific though...wish he would get some run support.

Two straight All Star appearances for him. Great young pitcher

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #354
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Unconfirmed, but... Josh Wall and Angel Sanchez in addition to Steve Ames to the Marlins in the Nolasco deal, plus more international money to the Dodgers

Nice, Cappy needs out of the starting line up.

Josh Wall - R - Dodgers

According to beat writer Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, right-hander Josh Wall is part of the pending trade between the Marlins and Dodgers for starter Ricky Nolasco.
The deal would reportedly send Wall, Steven Ames and another minor league arm to the Marlins in exchange for Nolasco. Wall, a 26-year-old right-handed reliever, has compiled a 5.60 ERA, 1.57 WHIP and 25/16 K/BB ratio over 27 1/3 innings at Triple-A Albuquerque this season.
Related: Marlins
Source: Joe Frisaro on Twitter
Jul 6 - 8:18 PM
Steven Ames - R - Dodgers

Steven Ames is rumored to be one of three minor league arms that would head to the Marlins if the Dodgers are able to execute a trade for Ricky Nolasco.
Ames, a 25-year-old righty and former 17th-round selection of the Dodgers, owns a 2-2 record, 3.67 ERA and 1.69 WHIP through 34 1/3 innings in the bullpen at Triple-A Albuquerque this season. The Dodgers are reportedly willing to take on all of Nolasco's salary, so the Marlins aren't going to receive any top-tier prospects in return. A finalized agreement is drawing closer.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 07-06-2013 at 05:32 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #355
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

The Tigers smacked around the Indians again today and have opened up a 3.5 game lead in the division, after briefly being in 2nd place earlier in the week.

Miggy, Prince Fielder, and Torii Hunter each homered today, with Hunter finishing the day a single shy of hitting for the cycle.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #356
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Six Tigers made the American League All-Star team....Miggy is starting at 3rd base along with Torii Hunter, Prince Fielder, Jhonny Peralta, Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander.

Joaquín Benoit is on the final vote ballot for the American League.

I thought relief pitcher Drew Smyly was deserving of a spot on the team, but also understand that there are so many spots and a lot of deserving relief pitchers.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #357
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Six Tigers made the American League All-Star team....Miggy is starting at 3rd base along with Torii Hunter, Prince Fielder, Jhonny Peralta, Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander.

Joaquín Benoit is on the final vote ballot for the American League.

I thought relief pitcher Drew Smyly was deserving of a spot on the team, but also understand that there are so many spots and a lot of deserving relief pitchers.
To be honest, its a joke Hunter made it over Ellsbury.
I think some selections for teams were horrible. I mean, Ben Zobrist the Rays rep when you have Longoria, Loney and Matt Moore not making it?
and whats with the final vote for the AL all being middle relief pitchers.
I think the NL should've had another catcher in the mix like the AL did as well.
Also love how Bochy squeezed Scutaro in there in the NL squad, yay for 3 2B on the team!

Also, I really hope Puig doesn't make the team. I just find it incredibly difficult to say someone should be an All Star after 1 month of play.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #358
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I knew Torii Hunter making the All Star team would get a response out of you, however I can see giving the edge to Ellsbury over Hunter, but it's not like Hunter hasn't had a decent first half.

Hunter has given the Tigers a solid glove in RF, is a good clubhouse guy, and is hitting .307 with 48 runs, 99 hits, 22 doubles, 2 triples, 5 HRs, and 38 RBIs batting out of the 2 spot in the lineup.

If Hunter finishes the season anywhere around .300 with 90 runs scored, 40+ doubles, 10-15 HRs, and 70+ RBIs, I'll consider his signing to be worthwhile and justifiable.

It's not like Detroit gave him a $125 million contract to bat .229.

As for Puig, as fun as he is to watch play, nobody deserves to play in the All Star game after 1 month of play....he'll probably be playing in plenty of All Star games and down the road it will mean more to him when he puts together a half season worthy of being an All Star and gets voted in upon those merits.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 07-07-2013 at 12:41 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #359
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I knew Torii Hunter making the All Star team would get a response out of you, however I can see giving the edge to Ellsbury over Hunter, but it's not like Hunter hasn't had a decent first half.

Hunter has given the Tigers a solid glove in RF, is a good clubhouse guy, and is hitting .307 with 48 runs, 99 hits, 22 doubles, 2 triples, 5 HRs, and 38 RBIs batting out of the 2 spot in the lineup.

If Hunter finishes the season anywhere around .300 with 90 runs scored, 40+ doubles, 10-15 HRs, and 70+ RBIs, I'll consider his signing to be worthwhile and justifiable.

It's not like Detroit gave him a $125 million contract to bat .229.

As for Puig, as fun as he is to watch play, nobody deserves to play in the All Star game after 1 month of play....he'll probably be playing in plenty of All Star games and down the road it will mean more to him when he puts together a half season worthy of being an All Star and gets voted in upon those merits.
Ellsbury has pretty much better stats all around, and the stolen bases factor I think puts him over the edge. but still, not as bad as the Rays rep pick. I still can't believe Loney or Longoria weren't included.

Puig, I mean seriously. 1 month? We should make Justin Upton an All Star for his April play then. Everybody knows Puig's numbers are going to skyrocket downwards, in the sense he's most likely going to bat closer to .300 and OPS closer to .900 than where he is at now. Or he could turn Justin Upton and flat line out even worse.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #360
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

I'll boycott the ASG if Puig isn't in. He's pulled the Dodgers from the depths of hell, and has been putting up insane numbers that haven't been seen since Joe DiMaggio.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #361
bombay
Ring of Famer

Yadi Molina tweaked his knee and is getting an MRI. If it's serious, Cards are toast.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #362
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I'll boycott the ASG if Puig isn't in. He's pulled the Dodgers from the depths of hell, and has been putting up insane numbers that haven't been seen since Joe DiMaggio.
He is having a really good month, but I expect after the All Star break pitchers will get enough tape on him that those numbers start to come down a lot.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #363
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Ellsbury has pretty much better stats all around, and the stolen bases factor I think puts him over the edge. but still, not as bad as the Rays rep pick. I still can't believe Loney or Longoria weren't included.

Puig, I mean seriously. 1 month? We should make Justin Upton an All Star for his April play then. Everybody knows Puig's numbers are going to skyrocket downwards, in the sense he's most likely going to bat closer to .300 and OPS closer to .900 than where he is at now. Or he could turn Justin Upton and flat line out even worse.
I am Red Sox guy but I would put Daniel Nava in over Ellsbury. Kid's story is amazing and he has had a lot of clutch hits this season so far. Plus I don't want Boris using the All-star tag with Ellsbury this off season.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #364
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Howie Kendricks not being part of the final 5 for AL sucks. I know a lot of good 2nd basemans are on it but he is batting in the top 10 in batting average.

Lackey can't beat Weaver and Angels take another one from the Red Sox. Weaver back on!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #365
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
What numbers from Joe DiMaggio are we talking about?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #366
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The Tigers lost to the White Sux today, but Miggy smacked his 30th HR on the season.

.366 on the season with 71 runs, 130 hits, 20 doubles, 1 triple, 30 HRs, 94 RBIs, 56 BBs, .457 OBP, and a 1.138 OPS after 91 games.

I doubt he keeps raking like this the last half of the season, but Miggy is on pace to bat .366 with 126 runs, 231 hits, 53 HRs, and 167 RBIs.

Also nice to see Victor Martinez starting to smack the ball around the yard after a slow start to the season.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #367
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Miguel Cabrera is the first player in major league history to have 30 HR & 90 RBI before the All-Star break.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #368
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Miguel Cabrera is the first player in major league history to have 30 HR & 90 RBI before the All-Star break.
I think its interesting how people are starting to care less about RBI's now.
It kinda makes sense.
Also, I still remember the one year Juan Gonzalez had like 100 RBI's at the All Star Break and around 25 homeruns.

I know people want to discredit Barry Bonds, but the guy was unbelievable, steroids be damned. He has a OPS over 14 straight years, and would've been longer but he just missed going .999. All his years but 5 he has an OBP over .400. He never really racked up a ton of RBI's in a season though, 3 years over 120 RBI's.
One of his MVP years he hit 45 homeruns...but only 90 RBI's. Teams were just scared to death to pitch to him with men on base. The Diamondbacks walked him with the bases loaded in the 9th in a close game for crying out loud.
Now I think he kinda was a bit of a jackass at times, arrogant, not very fan friendly/media friendly, and of course the roids, but geez, this is a once in a lifetime player here.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #369
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Tim Lincecum with a no no through 8 innings....he could use the good mojo:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #370
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I think he'd become the first 42 year old lesbian to throw a no-hitter in the history of major league baseball.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #371
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I'd like to see him get the no no.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #372
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

2 down.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #373
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Good for Timmy Lincecum.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #374
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

That was fun to watch the 9th inning to see it happen live.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #375
TheChamp24

The Legend

I wonder if the old Tim Lincecum is coming back full time now.
It was so beyond crazy to me to see him just completely derail like he did, especially so young. Strikeouts have always been there for him, his walk total has gone up, K's gone down though the past few years.