The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Tankless water heaters..

anyone have one and/or what do you suggest..

will need to replace a 40 gallon tank unit soon and am shopping for tankless.

Have access to either electric or gas.. can install in the existing area or move it outside..

Ideas?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
anyone have one and/or what do you suggest..

will need to replace a 40 gallon tank unit soon and am shopping for tankless.

Have access to either electric or gas.. can install in the existing area or move it outside..

Ideas?
I have one. It heats the water in our master bathroom using natural gas. We also have a large electric tank heater for most of the house, but part of that his partially heated by our geothermal system. Anyhow, the on demand heater works great. The master shower has multiple sprayers and it stays consistently hot for as long as you like. The heater is tiny and is mounted in a small cabinet in my wife's closet. The only minor inconvenience is the 30-45 second delay from the time the faucet is turned on until the hot water comes out.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I have one. It heats the water in our master bathroom using natural gas. We also have a large electric tank heater for most of the house, but part of that his partially heated by our geothermal system. Anyhow, the on demand heater works great. The master shower has multiple sprayers and it stays consistently hot for as long as you like. The heater is tiny and is mounted in a small cabinet in my wife's closet. The only minor inconvenience is the 30-45 second delay from the time the faucet is turned on until the hot water comes out.
I live in an area that water is at a premium. High desert with the main supply coming from wells in the area some coming for the rio grande..

So waiting the long for heat is an issues. I just installed a water recirculating unit to help get hot water to kitchen on the other side of house.

Have you had any maintaince issues with either unit? And what sizes are they GM and btu. would you mind telling me brand names? And why you choose those units over others.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Looks like a Rinnai 175. I know nothing about it so I snapped a pic with my phone. It's about a year old. Left it up to the builder and plumber when building my custom home.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Sounds like a hair dryer when it kicks on. You have to be in the closet or on the other side of the wall at the exhaust to hear it, but it does have a funny sound.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #6
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Looks like a Rinnai 175. I know nothing about it so I snapped a pic with my phone. It's about a year old. Left it up to the builder and plumber when building my custom home.
does it have a metal exhaust or a PVC plastic one..

that seems to be one of the major expenses of going tankless.. most require stainless steel..

what kind of warranty did they give you on the tank..
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

That is PVC going straight out the wall. The other side of the wall is the exterior side. I don't know what the warranty is. It's buried in a mountain of papers and receipts in a file cabinet that I'm not about to go looking through. And yes, my 6000 sq ft custom home construction on 65 acres of beautiful half pasture / half woods in the Ozarks with a continuous running stream on the front acreage probably makes libruls upset. I'm successful and I don't apologize for it.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
That is PVC going straight out the wall. The other side of the wall is the exterior side. I don't know what the warranty is. It's buried in a mountain of papers and receipts in a file cabinet that I'm not about to go looking through. And yes, my 6000 sq ft custom home construction on 65 acres of beautiful half pasture / half woods in the Ozarks with a continuous running stream on the front acreage probably makes libruls upset. I'm successful and I don't apologize for it.
Thanks about both. I was told that rinai had to have stainless steel double insulated exhaust. Which about doubles the cost in my install.

As for being a success I suspec that accodiring to Nobama you did nothing on your own and the government was responsible for it.

Ahahahahahaha
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Who's upset with your success Just give me half of everything and we're all good!

God forbid I have to say that that is a JOKE, but just in case....it was a joke. Good for you doc, sounds like a beautiful setup.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

It's phenomenal...we have a 4900 sq ft home with 5 full baths and a mother in law suite and we get hot water on demand....
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote