The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #51
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
why do you keep shoe horning him into every conversation? He's one hit away from being a vegetable....
^This!
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #52
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I would love to see us upgrade our WR depth but I don't want to pay 9mil a year for it.

Amendola is going to cash in, in FA. I don't see us having a shot at him either. Willis is a good STer but that is about it. I haven't seen much of anything from Caldwell. Maybe they can draft a guy late to compete for his spot. I miss that Hill guy who the Jets signed off our PS I believe. He seemed to catch everything that went his way from what I saw.

They must like Caldwell or have plans for him this year. Anyone hear what Stokely is going to do? does he even want to play again?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #53
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I would love to see us upgrade our WR depth but I don't want to pay 9mil a year for it.

Amendola is going to cash in, in FA. I don't see us having a shot at him either. Willis is a good STer but that is about it. I haven't seen much of anything from Caldwell. Maybe they can draft a guy late to compete for his spot. I miss that Hill guy who the Jets signed off our PS I believe. He seemed to catch everything that went his way from what I saw.

They must like Caldwell or have plans for him this year. Anyone hear what Stokely is going to do? does he even want to play again?

Stokley has said he wants to return this yr if the Broncos want him. And, I'm pretty sure Peyton wants that
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #54
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Brian Hartline please
I'd rather have Amendola than Hartline. Hartline faded last year and when Amendola was out of the offense the Rams really missed him. I think he is better int he red zone as well.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #55
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I'd rather have Amendola than Hartline. Hartline faded last year and when Amendola was out of the offense the Rams really missed him. I think he is better int he red zone as well.
Either would make our receiving corps scary as hell.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #56
ghostofjosh

Who the hell would rather sign austin collie than wes welker... Repeat that out loud... Austin collie over wes welker... That is so ridiculous its not even funny
Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #57
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofjosh View Post
Who the hell would rather sign austin collie than wes welker... Repeat that out loud... Austin collie over wes welker... That is so ridiculous its not even funny
Because signing Welker isn't a $4 million dollar proposition. It's more like $7-$10 a year easy. I said I would rather sign Collie, and Knighton, and Schwartz, extend and resign some of our own with Welkers money. Nobody said Collie over Welker. Jokes on you.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #58
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofjosh View Post
Collie 700k, Welker 7-10m.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #59
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Collie 700k, Welker 7-10m.
You get what you pay for.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #60
Bmore Manning

You don't need a $9 million dollar slot WR. Sure it would be great to have Wes, but it's not realistic and practical given the size of his contract..
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #61
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Odds are you are paying 100k per catch for either Collie or Welker. You just have to ask yourself is 7 better then 100.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #62
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Can't afford.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #63
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

So what exactly is our cap space? Have you guys talked about this elsewhere? I keep hearing big name free agents and thought we had money, then I hear half the guys saying we can't afford anything...so whats the real deal?
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #64
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I think the idea of Welker, Amendola and the Harvin trade idea are never going o happen. Collie is interesting but I doubt he can get medical clearance. Donnie Avery is who I am really hoping for. I think he could be had at reasonable price and he is a major upgrade from Caldwell and Willis.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #65
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
So what exactly is our cap space? Have you guys talked about this elsewhere? I keep hearing big name free agents and thought we had money, then I hear half the guys saying we can't afford anything...so whats the real deal?
LAst conut was right at 13-14 million.. IF the tag clady then it is closer to 4 million.. of which we will need that amount to sign rookies..

that leaves about 15 broncos from last year that are UFA swinging in the wind..

not to mention the 24 existing broncos on the roster with contracts that will be UFA at the end of 2013 season..

we can clear out about 9 million from cutting both DJ and Mayes..

without redoing contracts of the biggie players there is not more cash to spend..

please remember that the resigning hop-sctoch is what put us in cap hell for most of mikeys last decade.. borrowing/robbing Champ, Jake, John, TD, Rod and many others to pay other moron UFA.. that for the most part did not work out..

I think Pat figured that out and will hold Johns feet to the fire about NOT repeating history..

Sounds like they are pretty much committed to build via the draft sprinkling in a seasoned vet or two..

so to answer your question there is no money..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #66
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
LAst conut was right at 13-14 million.. IF the tag clady then it is closer to 4 million.. of which we will need that amount to sign rookies..

not to mention the 24 existing broncos on the roster with contracts that will be UFA at the end of 2013 season..

without redoing contracts of the biggie players there is not more cash to spend..

please remember that the resigning hop-sctoch is what put us in cap hell for most of mikeys last decade.. borrowing/robbing Champ, Jake, John, TD, Rod and many others to pay other moron UFA.. that for the most part did not work out..

I think Pat figured that out and will hold Johns feet to the fire about NOT repeating history..

Sounds like they are pretty much committed to build via the draft sprinkling in a seasoned vet or two..

Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #67
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Old 02-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #68
CEH
Ring of Famer

I think after Clady and his franchise tag is assigned, cuts Denver make, they will have about $11 MM to spend in FA.

This team is Super Bowl ready right now even with the current roster and draft picks.

At this point I don't think it makes sense to add a few veterans and money would be better served to sign one impact FA and maybe a few lower tier rotational players

I expect Denver to sign a big name FA.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 AM   #69
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I think after Clady and his franchise tag is assigned, cuts Denver make, they will have about $11 MM to spend in FA.

This team is Super Bowl ready right now even with the current roster and draft picks.

At this point I don't think it makes sense to add a few veterans and money would be better served to sign one impact FA and maybe a few lower tier rotational players

Agree completely. The team doesn't really need more depth all around. It needs to add one impact guy.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #70
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post

I agree, do not go after any 30 something FA. Spend some money on a 26 to 29 year-old in his prime then get some lower class FAs. Then use all your draft picks, do not move up.

During training camp there will be lots of talent out there and the recently cut. If Denver feels they have some holes they can then fill them at this time with the 30 somethings looking for one more year. Ala Brooking, Koppen and Leonhard.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #71
spiralism

Green Bay bound guys. Jennings will hit the market at a more affordable price and i can see us making a splash on him. Meanwhile Rodgers gets armed with the biggest slot threat in the NFL to complement Cobb/Nelson and the NFC ****s itself.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #72
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

Right, so the Broncos will limp into the season with a 40 man roster. My guess is they will sign mid-level guys like they did last year, and somehow Lonestar's head will explode because his simple math doesnt add up
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #73
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post

The money for rookies is already set aside,cladys' contract is not going to have any affect on Denver's ability to sign rookies.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #74
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Stokley has said he wants to return this yr if the Broncos want him. And, I'm pretty sure Peyton wants that
But but but he will not catch a 100 passť like Welker has in the past. OMG. A mere 50-60 receptions will not be enough.

These kiddies want want want not releazing that DT and Decker are going to get close to Hundred each and the TEs another 35-60. And if you are in a few to RBs. There are not to many more passes that could be thrown.

They forget it is not madden. Where everything is perfecto.

There are few slot guys better than stokes.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #75
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
The money for rookies is already set aside,cladys' contract is not going to have any affect on Denver's ability to sign rookies.
Just where is this rookie money set aside.

A common misconception is that because it is budgeted now that it is a in a hind pocket or something.

That money comes out of the same salary cap money that does the guys that go on to IR and as well as the rest of the top 51 players money is in.

No magic bank account for rookies sorry Charlie.

Please folks stop using this fallacy, as a way to spend money that is not there. Because it is not.

Once a spender always a spender right PP.