The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #201
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
My guy Hunt benched well today 38. This is a piss poor showing for anyone projected to go in the top ten besides the OL guys IMO. Damontre Moore 12 reps? Really? Star and Jones with the health issues is a big blow to them.
You just recently gave up on Hunt! I still like his upside and would be fine with him at SDE and Wolfe at DT.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #202
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Those are good #'s for Hunt, but I still think he is going to be a project. Looked awful in Mobile. Tarzan/Jane to the max.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #203
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
You just recently gave up on Hunt! I still like his upside and would be fine with him at SDE and Wolfe at DT.
No, I said I have cooled on him after his poor showing. I never said he was off my list all together. I believe he is closer to my original thoughts a 2nd rounder.

opps I pegged him in the second if he had a good combine after his bowl game.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 02-24-2013 at 04:50 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #204
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The more I read about Star, the more it seems like his condition could be similar to Gaines Adams, who passed away not too long after the Bears traded for him. There is a possibility that this could be minor and corrected, but after doing some research on it I think it could cause him to have a short-lived football career. Either way, I doubt he remains on our board. A lot of his condition deals with oxygen levels and there is no way a guy like him could cut it at Mile High. Maybe I'm off here, but I wish him the best. So sad. He just lost millions.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #205
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You mean Christine Michael? Way too many injury concerns. He's got 1st round talent, but do we really want another back that can't stay healthy?
Yes, past injuries are not indication of future problem. If we get him in the 4th then it is good deal for us.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #206
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The more I read about Star, the more it seems like his condition could be similar to Gaines Adams, who passed away not too long after the Bears traded for him. There is a possibility that this could be minor and corrected, but after doing some research on it I think it could cause him to have a short-lived football career. Either way, I doubt he remains on our board. A lot of his condition deals with oxygen levels and there is no way a guy like him could cut it at Mile High. Maybe I'm off here, but I wish him the best. So sad. He just lost millions.
The only difference is that they caught it early and I bet it can be corrected. He won't play next year but there is very good chance he makes a team and earn some $ in the future.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #207
jutang
Pro Bowler

Wouldn't be too hopeful on Star having a career at all unfortunately. If it's hypertrophic cardiomyopathy there is not much modern medicine can do for him. One of the main treatments is exercise limitation in addition to medications and possible surgery to correct the left ventricle outflow obstruction.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #208
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zane Beadles

Quote:
A lot of his condition deals with oxygen levels and there is no way a guy like him could cut it at Mile High. Maybe I'm off here, but I wish him the best. So sad. He just lost millions.
The guy played his college ball @ 4,650 ft above sea level, I doubt the extra 600 feet @ Invescio would make that large of a difference.
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #209
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post
The guy played his college ball @ 4,650 ft above sea level, I doubt the extra 600 feet @ Invescio would make that large of a difference.
Go ahead and doubt it.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #210
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zane Beadles

Quote:
Go ahead and doubt it.
600ft
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #211
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'm glad you can do basic math.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #212
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Russ Lande of the National Football Post hears Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson has been "very unimpressive" in team interviews at the Combine.
Lande suggests Patterson's poor interviews coupled with an up-and-down showing in Combine pass-catching drills could result in him "sliding down draft boards." As an athlete, Patterson remains a 6-foot-2, 216-pound freak. He ran a 4.42 official forty with a 37-inch vertical and explosive 10-foot-8 broad jump.

One NFL scout told Pro Football Weekly that Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore is a "mess off the field."
Moore was arrested for marijuana possession in 2011, but other than that has no known off-the-field issues. Perhaps more concerning were Moore's 12 reps on the 225-pound bench press in Indianapolis. The low total is an indication of not only below-average strength in the upper body, but suspect work ethic.

One NFL team's player personnel director characterized Georgia ILB Alec Ogletree as an "immature idiot."
Ogletree has a laundry list of off-the-field worries, including a DUI arrest just before the Combine. He's likely to light up drills when the linebackers work out on Saturday, but the character concerns will cost Ogletree money.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 02-24-2013 at 11:45 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #213
Bmore Manning

Christina Michael jumped out of the gym with a 42" vertical, the highest ever recorded.

Last edited by Bmore Manning; 02-25-2013 at 12:00 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #214
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I can't believe any team would gamble a first round pick on Ogletree. Maybe a third?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #215
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I can't believe any team would gamble a first round pick on Ogletree. Maybe a third?
He won't get past Cincy. Maualuga is likely gone, so they'll have a need on the inside, plus they've shown they don't mind taking a chance on thugs.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #216
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Late first early second is what I am hearing....

Way too much talent and someone will swing the bat on him. I graded him higher than Jarvis Jones and I think he can play any LB position including being front diverse. That means he will be on every teams board except the ones who exclude him by character. I love the kid on film, I am finally just pissed he is an "immature idiot"
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #217
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Late first early second is what I am hearing....

Way too much talent and someone will swing the bat on him. I graded him higher than Jarvis Jones and I think he can play any LB position including being front diverse. That means he will be on every teams board except the ones who exclude him by character. I love the kid on film, I am finally just pissed he is an "immature idiot"
Anybody who gets a DUI the week before the Combine just doesn't give a ****. Then, he comes into the interviews and acts the fool? Cincy would be the place for him. He'll be nothing but trouble for the team the takes him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #218
SlyEli

Quote:
Christina Michael jumped out of the gym with a 42" vertical, the highest ever recorded.
some guy jumped 45" in the '09 draft. But still incredible, especially for an RB
Old 02-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #219
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I am not sure who the Broncos have all interviewed, but IOAFM had this to say:

Quote:
Jeff Legwold continues to report that the Broncos are considering a move inside for RT Orlando Franklin, and he says the team formally met with Virginia tackle Oday Aboushi in Indy.

The team also met with USC safety T.J. McDonald at the Senior Bowl and will reconvene with him at the combine, and they plan to meet with defensive backs Will Davis of Utah State, Desmond Trufant from Washington, and William & Mary's B.W. Webb, and Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #220
Bmore Manning

I'm very mad your posting that Req, those are some prospects I really like..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #221
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
some guy jumped 45" in the '09 draft. But still incredible, especially for an RB
I stand corrected, highest for a RB? Thanks for keeping me honest.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #222
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
He won't get past Cincy. Maualuga is likely gone, so they'll have a need on the inside, plus they've shown they don't mind taking a chance on thugs.
Burfict will be playing MLB, Rey would play strong side.. Alec would fit at Will..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #223
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I'm very mad your posting that Req, those are some prospects I really like..
Everyone knows those guys.

They are all F's on my board.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #224
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Ogletree is toast. Hes undersized, and all the hype about being able to play any LB position is highly exageratted. and now he get a DUI a week before the combine.
Yeah, right. That wont have a huge effect on him getting drafted.
There are other options at LB that are just as good for NFL teams, and they know it.
Ogletree isnt some superstar that come along once in a lifetime.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #225
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Burfict will be playing MLB, Rey would play strong side.. Alec would fit at Will..
Rey is probably gone in CIN. Burfict can't cover. Ogletree would fit and play any of the three and play all 3 downs. Love the player, hate the immaturity
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: