The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #101
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

What do you guys think of Khaseem Greene.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #102
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
What do you guys think of Khaseem Greene.
Not sure but read his weaknesses and "over run plays and gets lost" sounds more of what we've had to endure. But I haven't seen much of him on film to really form an opinion. Are you high on him?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #103
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
MLB or OL in the first round.
You wouldn't hear me complain about that one bit. Late in the first is great place for stud guards and centers. Denver needs the depth.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #104
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Not sure but read his weaknesses and "over run plays and gets lost" sounds more of what we've had to endure. But I haven't seen much of him on film to really form an opinion. Are you high on him?
I'm certainly no expert, but he's pretty athletic. I dont think he's a mike necessarily, but seems like he can do a bit of it all. Seems like a playmaker on D.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #105
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is why you don't draft for need. Just because your team needs something doesn't mean it's there. And teams that make the mistake of taking what they need hoping it's going to turn into more than it ever was are teams that are hovering around 4-8 wins every year.

It might just be me, but it seems like there haven't been very many great middle linebackers lately. It seems almost harder to find than a pass rusher.
I think Manti T'eo will amount to something pretty good. In a couple years no one is going to remember this whole girlfriend thing.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #106
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
I think Manti T'eo will amount to something pretty good. In a couple years no one is going to remember this whole girlfriend thing.
Teo is one of the top 5 MIKE prospects in the last 5 years, even though he doesn't have elite speed.

The others are: Luke Kuechly, Dont'a Hightower, probably Rolando McClain, and Kevin Minter.

I'm hoping Irving takes one giant leap forward, because it sucks to waste draft picks.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #107
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Teo is one of the top 5 MIKE prospects in the last 5 years, even though he doesn't have elite speed.

The others are: Luke Kuechly, Dont'a Hightower, probably Rolando McClain, and Kevin Minter.

I'm hoping Irving takes one giant leap forward, because it sucks to waste draft picks.
I highly disagree on Te-O. He will show that he is not a top 5 MLB in this draft. He misses tackles, he leaves his feet too early and he cannot get off of blocks. Just wait and see. He is going to disappoint.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #108
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I highly disagree on Te-O. He will show that he is not a top 5 MLB in this draft. He misses tackles, he leaves his feet too early and he cannot get off of blocks. Just wait and see. He is going to disappoint.
I have not been impressed with either him or olgetree in the games I have seen them in..

but having the national spotlight on one will warp the weak minded..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #109
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I want to see what Teo's numbers are when he runs - or even if he runs at all. If he doesn't, that will smell of a red flag to me. It seems anytime a prospect refuses to run at the combine they end up busting.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #110
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I want to see what Teo's numbers are when he runs - or even if he runs at all. If he doesn't, that will smell of a red flag to me. It seems anytime a prospect refuses to run at the combine they end up busting.
I'm really expecting closer to 4.7 than 4.6, if not creepin on 4.8
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #111
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'm really expecting closer to 4.7 than 4.6, if not creepin on 4.8
I would be very surprised at anything better than 4.65, I am expecting low 4.7s like you. I think Minter could really use the combine to jump up in the middle of the 1st if he runs even a high 4.5 time.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #112
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I would be very surprised at anything better than 4.65, I am expecting low 4.7s like you. I think Minter could really use the combine to jump up in the middle of the 1st if he runs even a high 4.5 time.
I don't think there's much chance of that. I haven't seen anyone claim Minter as a special athlete, just a damn good football player with awesome field awareness.

I'd bet that of the three top ILB prospects Ogeltree will post by far the best 40 time, followed by Te'o, and Minter close behind him.

I don't expect any of them to measure out on par with Keuchly across the board, Ogeltree will be capable in the speed/agility drills but his bench is likely to be pretty low. Te'o likely is comparable or maybe even a bit better on the bench/strength skills but he'll likely come up short in speed/agility drills. Minter likely trails across the board.

Te'o throwing up a freakish series of speed/agility drills is the only real chance for a combine beast from the big three ILBs. But then we don't really want to see any of them do that anyway. A 4.4-4.5 40 and good numbers across the board from any of these guys likely pushes them out of our range. Right now we probably get our pick in the first.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #113
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I don't think there's much chance of that. I haven't seen anyone claim Minter as a special athlete, just a damn good football player with awesome field awareness.

I'd bet that of the three top ILB prospects Ogeltree will post by far the best 40 time, followed by Te'o, and Minter close behind him.

I don't expect any of them to measure out on par with Keuchly across the board, Ogeltree will be capable in the speed/agility drills but his bench is likely to be pretty low. Te'o likely is comparable or maybe even a bit better on the bench/strength skills but he'll likely come up short in speed/agility drills. Minter likely trails across the board.

Te'o throwing up a freakish series of speed/agility drills is the only real chance for a combine beast from the big three ILBs. But then we don't really want to see any of them do that anyway. A 4.4-4.5 40 and good numbers across the board from any of these guys likely pushes them out of our range. Right now we probably get our pick in the first.
Minter ran sub 4.6 before. I doubt he'll do it again, but it's certainly not impossible.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #114
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

IMHO Te'o will have to have a freakishly good combine to boost him into the first round.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote