The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default OFFICIAL Branden Albert vs Ryan Clady thread

The Chiefs drafted a franchise left tackle this year. So did the Broncos.

By the end of the year one of them will clearly be the better player. Albert has the challenge of keeping Breaky Frayle's limbs unmangled, while Clady will attempt to keep defenders away from Jay "diabeetus" Cutler.

I'm certain Albert will be the next Marcus McNeill, while Clady will be reduced to protecting Cutler's insulin pump on the sideline, because as you're all well aware, I'm never wrong.

Albert will also allow fewer sacks. We'll use this website to track that stat throughout the season:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...d=8792&team=12

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...id=8789&team=7

Let the games begin.



Offseason: Albert looks more menacing and much deadlier in his football uniform. The visor is a plus.

Winner: Branden Albert

Last edited by Bob's your Information Minister; 06-18-2008 at 03:48 PM..
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post


Offseason: Albert looks much better in his uniform.

Winner: Branden Albert
not that there's anything wrong with that

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
crowebomber
Ring of Famer
 
crowebomber's Avatar
 
Old School Sucka Fool

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: P-Town
Posts: 1,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka
Default

I had a turkey sandwich with spicy mustard for lunch.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
brother love
Pro Bowler
 
brother love's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lancaster, pa
Posts: 525
Default

Great Picture of Brandon Albert not blocking anybody! Lets hope that trend continues.
brother love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,815

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brother love View Post
Great Picture of Brandon Albert not blocking anybody! Lets hope that trend continues.
Exactly. Albert is doing nothing. Clady is blocking the snot out of his man. Winner: Clady. And please keep this thread. The last one Bob started (Cutler Vs. Croyle) turned into a total delight. It will be funny when Albert isn't even playing LT at the opener and still struggles more than Clady.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Exactly. Albert is doing nothing. Clady is blocking the snot out of his man. Winner: Clady. And please keep this thread. The last one Bob started (Cutler Vs. Croyle) turned into a total delight. It will be funny when Albert isn't even playing LT at the opener and still struggles more than Clady.
I see Clady holding, not blocking.

As for Albert, the defenders are clearly scared out of their minds. They're getting out of the way of that freight train! CHOO CHOO! HERE COMES THE 71 EXPRESS!
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,836

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

If it comes from Boob, it isnt official. Now we havent talked food in awhile. Where is the best Mexican restuarant in your area?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #8
Greybeard
Standing by my principles
 
Greybeard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Way out there
Posts: 871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

That just goes to show how misguided you are.

Albert's a "franchise" left tackle? Guess you are clueless he was a guard in college?

And what's with those tiny little shoulder pads??

I like this part of Albert's scouting report: "Not a dominant run blocker." The guy was a guard.

-----

Last edited by Greybeard; 06-18-2008 at 04:06 PM..
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #9
PLOWHORSE
Who wants LOBSTER!!!
 
PLOWHORSE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Is FONECO taken
Default

Hey Dummasss...Holding jerseys at shoulder widths is legal in the NFL at the LOS. Clady had NFL blocking methods down pat even in college.
PLOWHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #10
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

NOTE: the original contents of this message has been deleted by the user due to him making a complete butt of himself...

Last edited by Gcver2ver3; 06-18-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

My guess is Albert is a dominant run blocker this year and gives up about five sacks. He'll rack up five or six penalties.

Clady will struggle to block anyone in the run game and give up about 12 sacks and commit 10 penalties. Ouch!
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,495

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
being that Albert was picked moderately earlier...he is supposed to be better...you guys passed up Clady for Albert so the pressure is on the Chiefs and Albert...

i'll laugh quite hard if Clady has the better year...lol
..........?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #13
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
My guess is Albert is a dominant run blocker this year and gives up about five sacks. He'll rack up five or six penalties.

Clady will struggle to block anyone in the run game and give up about 12 sacks and commit 10 penalties. Ouch!
message deleted again...

Last edited by Gcver2ver3; 06-18-2008 at 04:12 PM..
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,495

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
well considering that you guys used a top five pick on him and passed up Clady for him, you better hope you're right....lol
Dude... they took Dorsey at 5 and Albert in the teens...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #15
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman
Default

oops my bad...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I see Clady holding, not blocking.

As for Albert, the defenders are clearly scared out of their minds. They're getting out of the way of that freight train! CHOO CHOO! HERE COMES THE 71 EXPRESS!
Offensive linemen hold every play. The thing that separates the best from the rest is not getting caught.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,815

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Here's a picture of Albert playing left tackle:



Here's a picture of Clady playing left tackle:



Clady wins again!
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #18
UboBronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 354
Default

I am sure Boob would say he wins with a stat line like below. Good football knowledge is so hard to find.

Clady has this statline at the end of the year.. 3 sacks allowed... 6 penalties.. 16 games started.

Albert....1 sack allowed... 2 penalties, 1 game started..2 games played. So who has the better stats?
UboBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Here's a picture of Albert playing left tackle:



Here's a picture of Clady playing left tackle:



Clady wins again!
Kaylore, how uninformed this post was. Albert played left tackle twice as senior.

Winner: Bob the informed.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #20
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
The Chiefs drafted a franchise left tackle this year. So did the Broncos.

By the end of the year one of them will clearly be the better player. Albert has the challenge of keeping Breaky Frayle's limbs unmangled, while Clady will attempt to keep defenders away from Jay "diabeetus" Cutler.

I'm certain Albert will be the next Marcus McNeill, while Clady will be reduced to protecting Cutler's insulin pump on the sideline, because as you're all well aware, I'm never wrong.

Albert will also allow fewer sacks. We'll use this website to track that stat throughout the season:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...d=8792&team=12

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playersta...id=8789&team=7

Let the games begin.



Offseason: Albert looks more menacing and much deadlier in his football uniform. The visor is a plus.

Winner: Branden Albert
one guy's standing around not blocking (of course, the Chief) while the other is mauling someone using questionable tactics (obviously the Bronco). man, that picture needs to be destroyed--blatant hold.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #22
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Looks like Clady is also committing hands to the face!
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,495

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Looks like Clady is also committing hands to the face!
Looks like Albert is also committing "taking a break"
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #24
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,335
Default

Boob needs a girlfriend....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Looks like Albert is also committing "taking a break"
You maybe right that's what you call it in college but, in the NFL
I think when you get paid then don't perform it's called an "LJ"
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Denver Broncos