The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #976
DENVERDUI55

I have made a last minute vacation plan and will be leaving for a week tomorrow. Does anyone no anybody that would want to take over the 49ers for that period of time? PM me if you no someone who would want to cover.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #977
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I have made a last minute vacation plan and will be leaving for a week tomorrow. Does anyone no anybody that would want to take over the 49ers for that period of time? PM me if you no someone who would want to cover.
just trade me your remaining picks for my 3rd round comp pick ;-)
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #978
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Ludo made the best selection of the draft!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #979
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
just trade me your remaining picks for my 3rd round comp pick ;-)
It's getting to that point.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #980
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
it wouldn't be the worst trade of the draft ;-)
Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #981
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Ludo made the best selection of the draft!
i thought you would feel that way

Love love love love Franklin...i almost took him last round just because i wanted him so bad this draft but that was not the value there. I am really kicking myself for not taking Lemour?spelling.. ? (auburn de) last round. oh well solid draft so far i think.

1 - Tyler Eifert
2 - Sam Montgomery (kinda hate this pick now, but will still be a productive pro)
3 - Jonathan Franklin (balla)
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #982
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'll take over the team if you want. I was kicking myself earlier that I didn't sign up for this thing.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #983
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I'll take over the team if you want. I was kicking myself earlier that I didn't sign up for this thing.
That's not cool and you go right in front of me!!

You know my strategy!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #984
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
That's not cool and you go right in front of me!!

You know my strategy!
All part of my master plan!

The best part is in my mock, I had SF taking Schwenke the pick before you took him. I like Quessenbery too, but I think he actually can stick at LT. I would have taken Schwenke there as Goodwin's heir apparent.

I had SF taking Datone Jones in Round 1, so at least Hunt is the same position. And I had an OC in the 3rd for them. The 2nd Round pick is a little different, but I like Amerson and he can start at Safety if Goldson leaves. So, my mock for SF pretty much is still in effect. That makes this really easy.

I know the direction I would want to go with the next couple picks. We'll see if DENVERDUI55 wants me to help out or not.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #985
Bmore Manning

Quote:
All part of my master plan!

The best part is in my mock, I had SF taking Schwenke the pick before you took him. I like Quessenbery too, but I think he actually can stick at LT. I would have taken Schwenke there as Goodwin's heir apparent.

I had SF taking Datone Jones in Round 1, so at least Hunt is the same position. And I had an OC in the 3rd for them. The 2nd Round pick is a little different, but I like Amerson and he can start at Safety if Goldson leaves. So, my mock for SF pretty much is still in effect. That makes this really easy.

I know the direction I would want to go with the next couple picks. We'll see if DENVERDUI55 wants me to help out or not.
I agree that Quessenbery can stick at Tackle..

Schwenke in my opinion was one of the more dominant interior players that isn't getting recognition!

MUG, I was really liking where I stood in this draft and know you are coming in and I sense trouble!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #986
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The end of this round has had some great selections. Dobson and Franklin in particular, with the OL just being taken being solid as well. Still have to wonder why people keep going the 15th+ ranked lineman in the draft when there are still (by my books) Top 5 guys available at several other positions. Tehehehehehe.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #987
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The end of this round has had some great selections. Dobson and Franklin in particular, with the OL just being taken being solid as well. Still have to wonder why people keep going the 15th+ ranked lineman in the draft when there are still (by my books) Top 5 guys available at several other positions. Tehehehehehe.
RB, Safety, and QB have been ignored in this draft for some reason. TE to a degree too. Is this how it usually plays out?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #988
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Schwenke is going to be a very good player in the NFL. Baltimore doesn't need a RB and I spoke to a very very knowledgeable poster who's looking to enter the draft now, about Dobson, and I did not like the fit..
Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #989
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Dobson is a Top 10 WR in this class and considering the amount taken, I think he was a great value. I have read from several good blogs/football sources that teams have him with a second round grade. I also like his determination and background story. The kid is driven. The selections of Franklin, Schwenke and Quessenberry were also solid. I just think that there are positions (which were mentioned by MUG) are being very undervalued.

My approach to this is different than most. I'm looking to put starters on the field, whereas it seems some are content with drafting depth and role players early on. In this draft. . . a big mistake.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #990
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
RB, Safety, and QB have been ignored in this draft for some reason. TE to a degree too. Is this how it usually plays out?
A lot of over thinking happens at times. Just as in real life guys will draft who they like/evaluate more than others do, always a few head scratches to you may be exactly who they wanted
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #991
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

MUG, this always happens around the third round, where the concensus among all the internet guru's fade. What is really interesting, is how quickly it started in the second round this year. People are drafting decent talent IMHO, but just not true value.

What is interesting is people are trying to get great talent, and leaving value on the board, like Dobson, Bernard, and Ball who in all likelihood will be drafted much sooner. I really like the players being picked, just some are reaching a lot to get them. Heck, I even reached a little on Jesse Williams. However, I like no DL in this incredibly deep DL draft more. I keep going back and seeing if i could have gotten better value there, but then I realize I just stuck to the Colts BPA.

People always have favorites early, the qustion is can you draft behind all the hype picks and go seven rounds and UDFA deep
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #992
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Dobson is a Top 10 WR in this class and considering the amount taken, I think he was a great value. I have read from several good blogs/football sources that teams have him with a second round grade. I also like his determination and background story. The kid is driven. The selections of Franklin, Schwenke and Quessenberry were also solid. I just think that there are positions (which were mentioned by MUG) are being very undervalued.

My approach to this is different than most. I'm looking to put starters on the field, whereas it seems some are content with drafting depth and role players early on. In this draft. . . a big mistake.

Dobson is an enigma to me. I really researched him last draft, and I came away thinking he was a tough, physical, chain-moving WR with less than ideal speed. Anquan Boldin, if you will. But then I watched everything I could on him from this year, and....he's fast. He's a deep threat with great hands, and I saw few interior routes. He's the anti-Anquan Boldin.

So, clearly I whiffed on my evaluation last year on him. Or, maybe all the "tape" I can find online in a few clicks is not showing his true style.

I don't know. This is driving me nuts because I felt I had a strong handle on this player and he seems like he's completely different then I thought. He hasn't been able to really workout this offseason too much, so nobody is really talking about his skillset in depth yet. I'd love to hear Mayock break him down.

But for Bmore Manning, it made little sense to get another deep threat. He already has Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones. This is a terrible draft at OC, Schwenke was the last "starter" available. Birk just retired. So, I thought for draft value/team need it was a strong selection.

Anyway, you or anyone else, with strong opinions on Dobson, chime in. Is he more Anquan Boldin or more Sidney Rice? Or someone else altogether?

Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 03-10-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #993
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
MUG, this always happens around the third round, where the concensus among all the internet guru's fade. What is really interesting, is how quickly it started in the second round this year. People are drafting decent talent IMHO, but just not true value.

What is interesting is people are trying to get great talent, and leaving value on the board, like Dobson, Bernard, and Ball who in all likelihood will be drafted much sooner. I really like the players being picked, just some are reaching a lot to get them. Heck, I even reached a little on Jesse Williams. However, I like no DL in this incredibly deep DL draft more. I keep going back and seeing if i could have gotten better value there, but then I realize I just stuck to the Colts BPA.

People always have favorites early, the qustion is can you draft behind all the hype picks and go seven rounds and UDFA deep

Good points about the drafting.

Jesse Williams is extremely polarizing to me. I love DTs, they are to me what I guess CBs are to Rev. So, I've really spent most of my draft "hobby" time looking at DT since about 2004, when Wilfork came out. I'm not really sure what to make of Jesse Williams yet. He was supposed to be Incredible Hulk strong, but he was just solid in the bench. People were talking about him setting the record. So, he's strong enough, but not anything special. He's definitely pretty athletic, that's obvious from tape. Looks like he has a good motor, and he played all over the line, so he has versatility. My issue is that on the game cut-ups, including two I recently watched, 2012 Texas AM and 2012 LSU, he was pushed around. LSU's Senior OC PJ Lonergan really handled him, often in one on one situations. He was on the ground alot.

In the Texas AM game, he was playing contain quite a bit, which is understandable. He got pushed around a lot on the obvious running downs though. Which is the part I don't get. I thought his entire schtick was that he was an immovable object with hulkish strength, and I don't see that at all.

I see a good athlete, pretty quick, with a good motor that plays with bad leverage. I definitely wouldn't want him at NT. He'd look good as a 3 tech or 5 tech though in a one gap scheme.

People far smarter than me say 1st Round. I'm thinking late 2nd - mid 3rd based soley on what I've watched.

My problem, perhaps, is that I was expecting him to play like John Jenkins, but he was more like Sheldon Richardson.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #994
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

From the video I saw, he's more of a Sidney Rice type with his size and speed this past year.

It's unfortunate that he couldn't do everything at the combine but he supposedly has been clocked at 4.33 at his school. I like his size and his route running, which will translate very well to the NFL.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #995
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Trevardo Williams and Vance McDonald go while I was typing up my responses there.

McDonald was my highest remaining player. I had him mid-2nd to the Bears in my mock. Now, finally, all my 2nd round mock guys are gone. Still have quite a few 3rd round guys available though, including some I rate as late 2nd round prospects.

Nice selection on McDonald, Conklin.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #996
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Trevardo Williams and Vance McDonald go while I was typing up my responses there.

McDonald was my highest remaining player. I had him mid-2nd to the Bears in my mock. Now, finally, all my 2nd round mock guys are gone. Still have quite a few 3rd round guys available though, including some I rate as late 2nd round prospects.

Nice selection on McDonald, Conklin.
Thank you, was hard to pass him up when I rechecked my pre-draft notes.

Although I only have two picks left (Very late 5th round and a 7th Rounder) I'm happy to have to have two guys I feel will go top 10 and two more that will likely be gone in the second round.

Round 1 Pick 1 Luke Joekel - Gives the Chiefs a solid left tackle for years to come
Round 1 Pick 19 Sheldon Richardson - Gives the chiefs a relentless pass rush from either the DE or DT position and lots of flexibility to introduce their new D-coord's hybrid 3-4 scheme
Round 3 Pick 12 (74) Darius Slay - Gives the Chiefs a tall, fast corner that is needed when facing Manning twice a year
Round 3 Pick 34 (96) Vance McDonald - a tall TD catching machine to take some heat off Bowe in the redzone and hopefully take care of the Chiefs scoring woes.

Last edited by Conklin; 03-10-2013 at 10:52 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #997
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

Alright, that's my draft done until the 6th, depending on if we do comp picks after the 4th.

10. Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
55. John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
70. Justin Pugh, G, Syracuse
85. Brian Winters, G, Kent State
97. Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
Lycan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #998
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

The only reason you got Slay was because I missed my 3rd round pick for Oakland. I liked him much more than the OL that was picked for me.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #999
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The only reason you got Slay was because I missed my 3rd round pick for Oakland. I liked him much more than the OL that was picked for me.
I didn't expect slay. iv saw he was close to my pick so I jumped up and got him
Old 03-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #1000
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
If only there were some way that you could've picked your own player.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: