The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #151
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
link?
they had it live on ESPN, they cut into sportscenter when he was doing a presser. cool ass jacket on him btw.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #152
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Mike Klis@MikeKlis
Manti Te'o is on John Elway's interview schedule. "I don't get caught up in - everything swirling around him.'' http://sulia.com/c/denver-broncos/f/fe119423-e487-48a4-a3f2-f2d24a87a9a3/?source=twitter …
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #153
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Minter.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #154
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

i heard one site say Minter excells in coverage. But then some other sit said hes a run stopper but needs work in coverage. so which is it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #155
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Broncos should get bigger and meaner at DT, then look for a MLB who can run and cover and maybe isn't super big. its all about stopping TE and RBs in the passing game right now. Teams dont even run the ball much.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #156
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

LB's in general are a need since Irving hasn't progressed, Brooking is old, and DJ Williams is mostly a nonfactor, which has been the case for awhile now. A tough DT would be nice and a big hitting SS would also be great.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #157
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
In 2012, two players in particular always seemed to be around the ball on special teams.

Linebackers Nate Irving and Steven Johnson tied for the team lead with 10 special-teams stops for the year. That knack for tackling the ball-carrier will be even more necessary in 2013, when both players are expected to compete for the team's starting middle linebacker spot.

"We’re excited about those two," Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway said Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "They’re both guys very capable of handling that job.”
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...a-2b61a8f9cb3f
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #158
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
i heard one site say Minter excells in coverage. But then some other sit said hes a run stopper but needs work in coverage. so which is it.
he's a thumper more than a coverage guy. he can cover but struggles, especially against really athletic guys.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #159
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Elway & Co sure are harping on Irving and Johnson as bona fides. I don't think it really means a lot right now, just a reflection of their own indecision right now about what directions they want to go in FA and the draft.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #160
Nwp-Apap

If Manti is available when we pick, I guarantee we draft him. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we unnecessarily trade up for him. Elway wants him, I can feel it.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #161
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
If Manti is available when we pick, I guarantee we draft him. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we unnecessarily trade up for him. Elway wants him, I can feel it.
Houston and Green Bay interviewed him.. Apparently Houston was enamored with Te'o..
Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #162
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Houston and Green Bay interviewed him.. Apparently Houston was enamored with Te'o..
Don't they already have Cushing?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #163
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Don't they already have Cushing?
Yeah coming off an injury, and they don't have anything next to him.. Keep in mind they run a 3-4.. The Wade Phillips one gap 3-4, but you still use 2 ILBs.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #164
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
There's a reason we were chewed up over the middle ALL SEASON long, and Trevathan and his whopping 3 PDs is not the answer.
First of all, the 'passes defensed' stat is NO WAY to evaluate competence in pass coverage. Wesley Woodyard graded out the best 4-3 pass coverage LB in the league (Pro Football Focus). He had 6 passes defensed. But he also had hella more snaps than Trevathan, and Tevathan had 3 ..... Rev! We're starting the wrong LB!!

Second, Trevathan's 3 passes defensed tied him for 52nd in the league among all LBs, which (if 'passes defensed' mattered) would be astonishing for a rookie who played as little as he did.

Third, yes, we had problems with opposing TEs this season, no doubt. But a) seems like more of a safety issue to me, and b) we so throttled opposing offenses - #2 in league yardage allowed, #4 points - that I just can't get too worked up about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend
You're seriously one of the more football incompetent people on the entire message board and I literally can't fathom how someone could possibly be this ignorant. You're like a small child in a grown, ugly man's body.
Don't know what to say. Rev, I'm just yakkin' here, never meant to hurt or insult you ... my long post about last year's opening day Von Miller stuff was 90% fun (though I did predict 12 sacks, which was correct rounded to the nearest whole integer).

And speaking of Miller, here's a thought: If you're calling somebody football-ignorant, and you want the insult to stick, you should really do better than a senseless accusation he doesn't know Von Miller rushes the quarterback ... I don't know, maybe say he relies on boutique stats like GWRBI or PD to make judgments.

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 02-24-2013 at 10:59 PM..
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #165
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

boutique stats--Doh!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #166
yerner
Ring of Famer

I hadn't thought about it till today, but my bet is they go offensive line. Boring but probably the smart pick. Didn't they have their sights on the kid that went to Pittsburgh last year? I think they fill that spot this time around.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #167
Drunken.Broncoholic

The longer Ellerbe stays unsigned the better it will be to court him. Flacco eats up the franchise tag and ravens beg Ellerbe to stay.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #168
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Minter ran a 4.81 forty; Ogletree ran a 4.62; Teo ran a 4.81; Brown ran a ??; the fastest LBer so far is Jon Bostic at 4.50.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #169
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I hadn't thought about it till today, but my bet is they go offensive line. Boring but probably the smart pick.
I hope not, me want a safety. A real team leader (enough to obviate all this overwrought longing for a MLB), and who'll lay some wood. Broncos had a 25-year run of truly great safetys, Billy Thompson - Dennis Smith - Steve Atwater. John Lynch and Brian Dawkins were good stopgaps, but I want a leader, a face of the D.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #170
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Well, I doubt Brown will be there at our second round pick, so that means our first which would be a considerable reach.
We should copy ourselves and move back like last year. Brown and Woodyard would be a dream of a nickle package. Brown ran 4.52 on his first one, then-4.62.

I've watched Brown play 90% of his games since he was Jr.. All I can say about the guy is that he is that dude you want. He's just a football player who knows where to be for the int and his hips sway quickly to catch a RB in the middle of a juke.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...013&genpos=OLB

I don't care if that number is off and an actual 4.68. He's got it.

Last edited by ozomulsion; 02-26-2013 at 04:46 AM..
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #171
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

If we're gonna have such a simplistic running game, we need need to go get THAT GUY. Lightning in a bottle with power. Yeah, not Hillman
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #172
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
I get this feeling as well but his slow 40 would make me stop to reconsider. Do not want another Joe Mays.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #173
Bmore Manning

Let me point a few things out..

He plays Faster than he ran. He's not an explosive athlete, he's actually quick, but as the distance increases his speed doesn't, he lacks top end speed. But he can PLAY sideline to sideline! And he has incredible instincts, soft hands, and an incredible tenacity to make a play. What MLB is going to have to run 40 yards? He did well in the drills and all his tape minus one game (though it was a big game) is impressive.

I think Med mentioned that Notre Dame ran a different defensive scheme this year from what I gathered on tape. He was in a more traditional 4-3 Mike role last year and before. This year was more elements of being a 3-4, and while we run a hybrid scheme and players always have to adjust, again one bad game all season and in a new scheme is pretty good.. Not to mention, you scheme for a month on how to pound the ball and get Warmack, Jones and company to the second level. They dominated Nix who will be an NFL starter at DT/NT one day. The whole Notre Dame defense looked weak.

Some of you need to dive deeper sometimes.
If he's there @#28 I HOPE he's a Bronco..
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #174
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Joe Mays and Manti Teo are nothing alike. Mays is not nearly as quick on tape and can't defend the pass to save his life. This coming from a Bison alum who watched his best college football in person for two straight yeasr.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #175
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

What's the story on Jon Bostic from FL? He's run the 40 as fast as 4.48 and he averaged like a 4.61 at the combine. He's got good size too. What is he, just dumb or something, does he not interview well? He's the prototypical 4-3 MLB in height, weight and speed.