The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #51
g6matty

why on earth does any body think johnson has any ability to take over the mike spot. hes an undrafted player who is a special teams body.

what about keith rivers we could try to turn his career around like we did with bunkley and tried to do with that DE last year i cant remember his name he was from jacksonville though.

u think del rio and fox could save him?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #52
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Hate to break it to the draftniks, but the Broncos starting MLB in 2013 is already on the roster.
the hell they are! we need upgrades at multiple positions and MLB being the biggest one to help the overall defense.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #53
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the hell they are! we need upgrades at multiple positions and MLB being the biggest one to help the overall defense.
While we agree with you. To go as far and say 100% sure thing FO thinks so too I'm not that confident in that case.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #54
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
why on earth does any body think johnson has any ability to take over the mike spot. hes an undrafted player who is a special teams body.

Quote:
what about keith rivers we could try to turn his career around like we did with bunkley and tried to do with that DE last year i cant remember his name he was from jacksonville though.
Derrick Harvey

Quote:
u think del rio and fox could save him?
Rivers couldn't handle the middle
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #55
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I honestly think the need has been blown way out proportion. Our defense was damn good with Mike-by-committee once Joe Mays was taken out. Running back and interior o-line are much bigger needs in my opinion.
As the offseason has gone on I 1st thought C was a priorty, then MLB but I agree as of this second I think RB is 1st priority then everything else. I would hope that Elway learned something from Bobby Turner and can find one in the 2nd or later rounds.

This staff has proved they can evaluate their players, if they feel comfortable with what we have on the team we can go BPA in the 1st round which would be big down the road.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #56
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

You guys will feel better when you finally admit it is time for Champ to switch to MLB.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #57
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I have lost confidence in DJ Williams, and I certainly don't think he's the firey leader that we need at the center of our defense. I personally would like to see us get Urlacher and then draft a guy in either an early or mid round.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #58
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

We need a MLB that, just like a good RB, has great vision.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #59
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I REALLY wanted us to draft a MLB in the first, but the more I think about it with all the nickel that we're playing maybe MLB isn't all that an important? Certainly not enough to reach. I think we can safely pick the BPA and not look back.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #60
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Michael Mauti from Penn State. Not the crazy kid.
Damn the names are so similar. The ND kid is bat crazy
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #61
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I have lost confidence in DJ Williams, and I certainly don't think he's the firey leader that we need at the center of our defense. I personally would like to see us get Urlacher and then draft a guy in either an early or mid round.
I don't think Brian would play for another team. If they try and trade him, he'll just retire.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #62
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
With DJ admittedly slowing down (he says he's slowing down).
That's what happens when they take away a man's robopiss.

The more we get into the offseason, the more I want a cagey vet at MLB or SS. We have a ton of athletes on D but not enough leadership.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #63
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't think Brian would play for another team. If they try and trade him, he'll just retire.
He's a UFA, so it won't be a trade. I'd hope maybe if BU decided to test the market, Elway could use the old Jedi used-car mind trick on Urlacher and remind him that he doesn't have the years left to spend on a new coach and rebuild in Chicago.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #64
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I've heard people compare Kevin Minter to Bobby Wagner. If we're taking a mike at #28, that's the ticket.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #65
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

This will be an interesting draft for sure. Lots of potential value picks at the bottom of round 1. I would say "bolster the trenches" at D-tackle first, but our coaches have also shown they are happy with "role players" like Vickerson, Bannan, and Unrein.

We have needed a leader in the middle for way, way too long. I love what Von and Wesley bring on the outside, but a solid leader in the middle could take us to the next level (which is what we need).

I don't know too much about Mauti, but if he has been a productive leader at Penn State, I'm all for it. I don't care about his injury, or his perceived "draft status," I say reach for the kid. Take him with whatever pick necessary and lock him in. He sounds like the kind of player (when healthy) that can solidify MLB in both the run game, and the passing game.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #66
Agamemnon

Quote:
There have been plenty of undrafted players that have become good or even great NFL starters. Who knows if he will, but I'm not going to outright dismiss the possibility.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #67
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If a team with a good shot at a Super Bowl comes knocking I tend to think Urlacher would listen.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #68
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

IMO Eddie Lacy is the guy we need. Ready to play, his best years will coincide with our peak
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #69
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Urlacher is toast. He's incredibly slow, like Gilbert Brown slow. I'd be pissed if Denver signed him. A quality MLB in his prime is way too costly, old and slow won't be an upgrade, the only options I see are to grow the talent we have and/or draft someone.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #70
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I only say it because the staff and players seem high on him. And this staff and group of players are less prone to doing that than in years past. This isn't "Corey Jackson can start because he's good at pickup basketball" stuff. The staff really likes him. It is a long shot, but this isn't crap I pulled out of my butt.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #71
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
MLB isn't the reason why the Broncos lost in the playoffs.

Can you remember who the starting MLB was from the years Elway won the Super Bowl? Chances are, he can't either.

The Broncos already said they are going to give Nate Irving a chance to start. By the talk around here, the Broncos should be spending a 1st or 2nd round draft pick every year trying to find the next Ray Lewis or Ed Reed. Forget about player development, and the fact that Fox notoriously doesn't play young players...we need to waste more draft picks now!!!11!!11

Irving is a first team All-American MLB, but no, toss him, Keith Brooking, DJ Williams, and Danny Trevathan out, and reach on an unheralded, rookie LB (with average athleticism) in the 1st round to start. Yeah, that'll win us the Super Bowl.

It's Allen Aldridege btw.

Last edited by pricejj; 02-15-2013 at 11:02 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #72
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Actually, Mike Klis speculated that Irving will have a chance to start based on the assumption that old man Keith won't be back and that Irving's base salary for 2013 is much lower than DJ Williams, who is a likely cap casualty or restructure. Nobody from the Denver Broncos has talked about Irving.

Last edited by Requiem; 02-15-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #73
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

That is only 50 percent correct. You should Google 98 broncos.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #74
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
MLB isn't the reason why the Broncos lost in the playoffs.

Can you remember who the starting MLB was from the years Elway won the Super Bowl? Chances are, he can't either.

The Broncos already said they are going to give Nate Irving a chance to start. By the talk around here, the Broncos should be spending a 1st or 2nd round draft pick every year trying to find the next Ray Lewis or Ed Reed. Forget about player development, and the fact that Fox notoriously doesn't play young players...we need to waste more draft picks now!!!11!!11

Irving is a first team All-American MLB, but no, toss him, Keith Brooking, DJ Williams, and Danny Trevathan out, and bring in an unheralded rookie LB to start. Yeah, that'll win us the Super Bowl.

Te'o and Minter are good, but not that good.

only for one year, Glen Cadrez the other
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #75
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In Irving I trust!!! If we end up going MLB in the draft so be it. But we have a bigger problem with OL and CB depth. Right now I would prefer OL, then CB and then MLB. But I could also look at the situation as us needing a competent 3rd WR and getting one of those new super freak TE. Was pissed when we passed on Rudolph by taking Moore. Still not mad a the Moore pick, just that we had our shot at a really good TE when that years team and QB could have really used one.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote