The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default Champ reported to return ending rumor of the demise of his career as a Bronco

Champ Bailey reportedly will return to Denver Broncos

One national outlet recently speculated that Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey could be a salary-cap casualty after being torched by Baltimore Ravens burner Torrey Smith in the AFC divisional playoffs.

Even with a $10 million cap hit, that's not going to happen, assures The Denver Post's Mike Klis.

Although the season-ending loss was Bailey's worst game in half of a decade, the 14-year veteran still played at a Pro Bowl level throughout the regular season. Tasked with shadowing opposing No. 1 receivers such as Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, and A.J. Green, Bailey still finished fourth among all cornerbacks in first downs/touchdowns per coverage snap.

More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...denver-broncos


I even checked to make sure it was NFL.COM and not NFLJERSEYSMADEINCHINA.NET to make sure it was legit
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Champ Bailey 90% off this season www.nfllies.com true story
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

At least he doesn't have to worry about Jon Baldwin anymore.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
At least he doesn't have to worry about Jon Baldwin anymore.
The only people worrying about Jon Baldwin are Queefs fans.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

There was never any rumor he was not coming back. There was just some baseless speculation by a hack sports reporter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns
 
srphoenix's Avatar
 
The next TD

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,008

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

I don't think there was one bronco fan out there that thought he would be leaving. Everyone played a crap game during the Ravens game.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There was never any rumor he was not coming back. There was just some baseless speculation by a hack sports reporter.
You say Tomato I say TomAHtoe
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,907
Default

him not being back was the dumbest Broncos rumor i've heard in years.
how the **** can you cut Champ Bailey?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
him not being back was the dumbest Broncos rumor i've heard in years.
how the **** can you cut Champ Bailey?
People think we can replace Clady with a Draft pick...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
People think we can replace Clady with a Draft pick...
common sense, it's not so common these days.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #11
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
People think we can replace Clady with a Draft pick...
IIRC. Clady was draft pick. Replaced a long time starter.

Something different that OMG a rookie could replace him for one hell of a lot less money.

Look I know your bromance with him and all.

But it happens all the time. Players move on and the world does not end.

Hell the GOAT QB was cut last year and OMG a rookie led them to the playoffs this year.

Y'all seem to think that the OLT spot has to be a GOD. That because it used to be an elite position because they had to watch the QBs blindside for ever when almost all teams had drop back QBs that routinely had 5-7 step drops.

Time to wake up folks almost all the teams today make most snaps from the shotgun, and few if any have 7 step drops. That or even the newest thing in the nfl is the read option.

Paying one guy 10%+ of the cap for a dying spot is nuts.

At best this year he gets tagged until they have the real lowdown on IF he healed up and IF they clear more cap space next year.

Although having 24 current players under contract for 2013 that are going to be UFA a year from this time means even if the money gets bumped they are in the same spot they are today. CAP POOR.

Once again it is going with the premise that Pat allows them to spend every dime that the cap allows. Which he has not atleast the last four years.

The only way to reduce salary is to make sure you hit every rookie choice and keep those rookie contracts as long as yoi can.


BTW. NEXT YEAR VON GETS A HUGE NEW CONTRACT.

Ya still think clady gets a fat contract?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

Champ will still be champ, if we get him some over the top help, as in a real stud safety.
orinjkrush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
IIRC. Clady was draft pick. Replaced a long time starter.

Something different that OMG a rookie could replace him for one hell of a lot less money.

Look I know your bromance with him and all.

But it happens all the time. Players move on and the world does not end.

Hell the GOAT QB was cut last year and OMG a rookie led them to the playoffs this year.

Y'all seem to think that the OLT spot has to be a GOD. That because it used to be an elite position because they had to watch the QBs blindside for ever when almost all teams had drop back QBs that routinely had 5-7 step drops.

Time to wake up folks almost all the teams today make most snaps from the shotgun, and few if any have 7 step drops. That or even the newest thing in the nfl is the read option.

Paying one guy 10%+ of the cap for a dying spot is nuts.

At best this year he gets tagged until they have the real lowdown on IF he healed up and IF they clear more cap space next year.

Although having 24 current players under contract for 2013 that are going to be UFA a year from this time means even if the money gets bumped they are in the same spot they are today. CAP POOR.

Once again it is going with the premise that Pat allows them to spend every dime that the cap allows. Which he has not atleast the last four years.

The only way to reduce salary is to make sure you hit every rookie choice and keep those rookie contracts as long as yoi can.


BTW. NEXT YEAR VON GETS A HUGE NEW CONTRACT.

Ya still think clady gets a fat contract?
Again, how are we going to be able to get high enough in the draft to land a rookie who could step in and start day 1? I asked you this before.

We took Clady at what 12th overall? Right after we took him there was a run on OT's.

I mock your point because unless you show a way we can move up into the top 15 I don't see us getting a guy who can replace him day 1.

Now if we were picking 20 spots higher I could see some merit in your argument but we are at the bottom of the draft and to move up that high to use a pick on a player we already know what he is capable of when we still need a MLB, DT help, other OL Depth, Safety, CB, WR, RB among other help is insane.

Your talking about swapping our 1st round pick, and at least 2 other later round picks or high picks in future drafts to replace a guy who all we need to do is pay.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #14
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,612
Default

Getting burned in the playoff game is a sign of things to come. He's getting old and that's a lot of $ for him.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Denver Broncos