The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #201
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Hell who here hasn't?
One and done deal for me...they just get too handsy and clingy.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #202
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
It seemed to me that Shane had had a "thing" for Lori from the very start... and while the odds were heavily against Rick's survival after being abandoned while comatose in a hospital overrun with zombies, Shane deliberately and intentionally used the situation to his own advantage because it did seem that maybe she wouldn't have slept with him if she'd known there was any chance at all that Rick had survived.

The source of my annoyance with Lori actually isn't Shane or the affair... it's that it has seemed that no one was ever... ever... watching that kid and for both parents (but particularly for his mother since his Dad had so many other responsibilities for the entire group) ensuring his safety (IMO) "should" have been the primary concern in everything, at all times; a child that young shouldn't have been allowed to wander around the woods alone with a gun taunting zombies who are stuck in the mud. Especially after it's known that another child who was separated from the adults (Sophia)... hadn't made it and was among the zombies in the barn. That... and she was a nagging shrew. Inattentive parent + nagging shrew = "difficult to like the character".

Perhaps it's because the writers didn't give much attention to the mother/son relationship, but it seemed like Carl's relationship with Lori... much like Rick's... wasn't particularly close. And if having to shoot her bothered Carl, there hasn't yet been any indication of it and that kinda bothers me too. There's something troubling... a hint of sociopathy... in a kid that age who can shoot his own mother (even if he is just eliminating a threat to the group) and not be extremely traumatized.

Totally agree that Rick's been shouldering too much responsibility for too long and that's why he's starting to "crack" under the pressure. That storyline's gone on so long though that the viewing audience is pretty much universally finding it "annoying" (the consensus on "The Talking Dead" was how irritating Rick's behavior in last week's episode was). It's going to alienate viewers if they don't move on to something else soon.
I could see that. Carl randomly showing up at absurd times got really old at the end of last season. Carl's at the barn. Carl is seeing the guy get tortured. Carl is at the execution. Somehow, Carl is not magically seeing Shane get shanked. That's lazy writing.

As for shooting his mom, I felt that was Carl growing up more than sociopathy. He's seen so many people die that (sadly) that's the world they live in and Carl knows that.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #203
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

If I have to watch Andrea and the Governor making out one more time, I'm going to go to Woodbury and finish it myself.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #204
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I could see that. Carl randomly showing up at absurd times got really old at the end of last season. Carl's at the barn. Carl is seeing the guy get tortured. Carl is at the execution. Somehow, Carl is not magically seeing Shane get shanked. That's lazy writing.

As for shooting his mom, I felt that was Carl growing up more than sociopathy. He's seen so many people die that (sadly) that's the world they live in and Carl knows that.
If they'd had Carl showing up randomly with an adult or something it would have been more believable than for him to just suddenly be there alone. It gave the impression that no one knew or cared where he went or what he was doing.

Growing up in a world where death had become so commonplace would tend to make a kid hardened to harsh realities and prepared to do what had to be done, regardless of who it was. He'd have to mentally block the normal human emotions and dispassionately deal with the threat. I just find it incongruous that Rick... an adult who wasn't there when she died (and didn't experience the sight of the blood and gore)... would suffer a mental/emotional breakdown while her child who watched his mother be sliced open to deliver the baby, die, and turn into a zombie that he had to shoot (that would have killed him if he didn't shoot her)... is seemingly just fine. Carl doesn't seem to have much of an emotional bond with anyone, although there has been a hint that he might be developing a bit of an adolescent crush on Beth. The show's writers have devoted a lot of time (in some cases like the ghost stuff, way too much time) to Rick's (and a few other characters') complex emotional reactions and grappling with moral and ethical issues and such. But while Carl's a major part of the story, they really haven't examined how his experiences have changed and shaped him.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #205
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

My question is Lori really dead? I know everything points to her being dead but we never saw the body or her get shot. Also Carol who was practicing how to do c-section was missing at the same time. She could have found her and with movie magic patched her up, then for some reason Lori tells Carol not to tell anyone while she healing up. Hey anything possible with zombies roaming around
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #206
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Also Carl seems to be roaming freely as ever. He was the only one guarding the prison why everyone was listening to beths singing.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #207
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

I keep watching hoping it will get better, they brought in the Gov's group at the right time, I was losing interest fast, then of course he has to be insane and host zombie fight nights, which caused me to lose interest again.

I would think at this point we would have to see some form of military presence again. They had the choppers crash and the unit the Gov's group mowed down but I would think that if the Gov's group has a generator their should be some radio or even TV communication being broadcast, good or bad.

Wouldn't one want to make their way to a military base or even setup a HAM radio and try to share info?

I get the terror and staying alive aspects. You would think there would be more outposts setup like the Gov's where people are lead by sane people and are able to live in well guarded compounds and grow food and make ammo and the stuff they need to keep living.

I would think people would be doing anything they could to clear the highways and destroy as many Zombies as they could and work together. Hell lure as many into a field as you can with some meat and then set fire to them or something. I would think the prision would have been a good place to hole up. I would also be trying to add people to the group at all costs. They need people power.

It is not like the Zombies are smart and able to plan attacks. They are just roaming around. Plus I would think as time went on the elements and their own hunger would have dwindled their ranks.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #208
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

i just watched "The Mist" on Syfy(hate that name) how did half the original cast from walking dead come from that movie?
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #209
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
i just watched "The Mist" on Syfy(hate that name) how did half the original cast from walking dead come from that movie?
Frank Darabont perhaps
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #210
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
That movie was surprisingly good. The ending is so different from the book, when I saw it I didn't even know what to think. It was so depressing.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #211
Bacchus

The Walking Dead is winning its time slot.

During its run last fall, “The Walking Dead” was the highest-rated show among viewers 18 to 49, the most-sought age group, with a bigger audience than network winners like “The Big Bang Theory,” “American Idol,” “The Voice” and “Modern Family.”

Now the zombies are back for the second half of the show’s third season, and they continue to gnaw on everything in their path, including the broadcast networks’ historical claim to being the only place to find a mass audience. Three weeks ago, the zombies owned Sunday night, attracting 7.7 million viewers in the 18 to 49 range, more than any broadcast show in the land.

It gets better (or worse, if you are a network). AMC has a spinoff chat show about zombies called “The Talking Dead,” and even that is making waves. That same Sunday three weeks ago, “The Talking Dead” drew almost 2.8 million viewers ages 18 to 49, trumping NBC not just for the night, but for all of February.

Rest of article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/bu...oofinance&_r=0
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #212
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like this show but it never lived up to the potential that the pilot episode had. The writing went down hill so fast and they made so many characters unlikeable. Rightnow I only care about Daryl and Carl.

Carl is actually becoming so much better than he used to be. During th elast episode when everyone was listening t the girl sing he was guarding the prison. This episode he pops a guy without thinking about i. I really hope they continue with his path to being a bad ass.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #213
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Tonights episode was great but it sucked to finally find Morgan only for it not to be a happy ending where he joins the group. Then at the end when they were driving back I started thinking i bet they find the backpacker/surivivor guy and Rick brings him in because he is feeling more open now that Michonne and Carl seemed to have bonded. But lol not in Walking Dead world lol he was dead and they just snatch up his pack.

great episode and I think the writing is better then ever. Also obviously rick just suffered the injury that will take his arm. Most likely that will be the finale this season. Rick having his arm cut off.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #214
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
...it sucked to finally find Morgan only for it not to be a happy ending...
The Walking Dead isn't about "happy endings". If you want those you should be watching Lifetime. That or going to a "massage parlor"...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #215
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I was excited to see that Morgan's character was brought back in. I hope there are plans to keep him in the fold as the series continues because he stays in the comics for quite some time. But since he didn't come with them right now, it is already different than how it initially was in the comics.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #216
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

OK so you lasted this long in a zombie apocalypse yet you are going to run screaming at a car for miles and drawing attention to yourself?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #217
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
OK so you lasted this long in a zombie apocalypse yet you are going to run screaming at a car for miles and drawing attention to yourself?
Yes. Desperation. Probably been a long time since he'd seen other people to possibly help him. Not really all that outlandish.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #218
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yes. Desperation. Probably been a long time since he'd seen other people to possibly help him. Not really all that outlandish.
Sorry I think it is. By now he would know what to do to continue to live.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #219
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sorry I think it is. By now he would know what to do to continue to live.
He could have not seen another human in weeks and was in awe at the possibility that he could be rescued by people he assumed to be in a similar position.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #220
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #221
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Carl wanders off again. hmmm didnt see that coming
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #222
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

I found it hilarious one nut was giving advise to another nut
Old 03-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #223
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Correct, but a better mom would have biatch slap that little punk for risking lives and brought him back to his father instead following him around like a lost puppy. Of course, a minute later he would left again

Last edited by broncolife; 03-04-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #224
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

I love how Rick doesnt trust Michone to leave with the group, but he has no problem letting her go with his son.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #225
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
I love how Rick doesnt trust Michone to leave with the group, but he has no problem letting her go with his son.
that's what last nights episode was about. Did you just start watching the show?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote