The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #76
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Did anyone else notice that the governor had the big bag of guns Rick lost in episode 1 that said sheriff on it?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #77
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Go ahead, but bear in mind you were one of four people in the world who enjoyed sucker punch, so forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt.

OH SNAP!!! there are 4 people that like that movie?

bwhahahahaa
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #78
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Did anyone else notice that the governor had the big bag of guns Rick lost in episode 1 that said sheriff on it?
Do you think that was the show's way of showing that the Governor killed Guillermo's group, or was it the prop department being resourceful?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #79
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Do you think that was the show's way of showing that the Governor killed Guillermo's group, or was it the prop department being resourceful?
I think it's a tie in to something. I guess wouldn't it be possible that Merle picked it up on his way out of the city after he got free.

Others pointed it out in the Governor's place before in episode 5 when Michonne broke in the house.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #80
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Anyone hear about the show Les Revenants (French) that deals with zombies? Wonder if it is any gooD.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #81
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

OK they grabbed it in episode 4 on the way out and gave it to the elders so yeah I guess that means he attacked them.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #82
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Go ahead, but bear in mind you were one of four people in the world who enjoyed sucker punch, so forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt.

As for this most recent episode, I was wondering if Tyreece was going to show up. I thought T-Dog was their hat tip to Tyreece. He's a critical player and becomes best friends with Rick in the comic. Obviously the show doesn't follow the comic exctly, but it does inform some of the plot points and some of the tension they create in the show is greater if you read the comics (The Governor actually rapes Michonne in the comic, so you believe he's going to rape Maggie). However Tyreese looks "as ordered" here and I like his character. He helps lead because Rick can't handle it by himself in the comic. It's clear they are moving toward that direction.

I just hope they don't ruin the character of Rick.
HAHAH you remember that. Well, let me say, I enjoyed Sucker Punch more than others because I had less than zero expectations and wasn't too bored. I doubt I was singing its praises as its really not my kind of movie. I probably just didnt think it sucked as much as others.

My problem with The Walking Dead mostly is that I feel its poorly written. Its fine when its a shoot em up action show, but it fails miserably as a character piece and I think some of the choices they made, especially in season 2, were downright insulting to the viewer.

It was an enormous/lazy mistake to center the show around Carl (from a motivational standpoint), and, as a result, we spent entirely too much time with an uninteresting child actor. I think they did realize this mistake and Carl is mostly an afterthought in this season. I also think they OFTEN use character irrationality to push a plot forward: For example, in the second season, there was a small plot line where Glenn, Rick, and Herschel had to quickly get supplies in town and rush back, and I think they ran into those other guys in the bar. For whatever reason, the writers needed to get Lori out of the house and into a car accident, so she freaked out to go find them and tell them to...come back faster? They do these types of things alot. There's nothing subtle about The Walking Dead and as a character study of what people may be like during an apocolypse, i think its pretty lazy.

Oh, and outside of Daryl, most of the characters are pretty unlikable.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #83
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think this show is retarded. I watch it. But its really the same thing over and over again
So why watch? And how many shows on TV are "better"?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #84
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So why watch? And how many shows on TV are "better"?
I kind of hate watch it, I guess? I tend to continue with things even if I dont like them. I still watch the Office, after all. I had really high hopes for the Walking Dead, and I think it's had some nice moments in the details, but for the most part I just find it lazy.

Put it this way, and this is just a detail, in the first scene last night (which was awful from a production standpoint), why does Merl hit Daryl twice before enacting his "plan" that wasn't a plan at all? Why not just skip to the part where they are fighting together.

And townspeople clamoring to get out of Woodbury also seemed dumb, as was Andreas retardo speech and their subsequent kumbaya after.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 02-11-2013 at 11:22 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #85
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
didn't Rick have that bag at Herschel's farm? He gave guns to Guillermo's group but not the bag.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #86
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJUh...e_gdata_player deleted scene about Guillermo's group
Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #87
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
HAHAH you remember that. Well, let me say, I enjoyed Sucker Punch more than others because I had less than zero expectations and wasn't too bored. I doubt I was singing its praises as its really not my kind of movie. I probably just didnt think it sucked as much as others.

My problem with The Walking Dead mostly is that I feel its poorly written. Its fine when its a shoot em up action show, but it fails miserably as a character piece and I think some of the choices they made, especially in season 2, were downright insulting to the viewer.

It was an enormous/lazy mistake to center the show around Carl (from a motivational standpoint), and, as a result, we spent entirely too much time with an uninteresting child actor. I think they did realize this mistake and Carl is mostly an afterthought in this season. I also think they OFTEN use character irrationality to push a plot forward: For example, in the second season, there was a small plot line where Glenn, Rick, and Herschel had to quickly get supplies in town and rush back, and I think they ran into those other guys in the bar. For whatever reason, the writers needed to get Lori out of the house and into a car accident, so she freaked out to go find them and tell them to...come back faster? They do these types of things alot. There's nothing subtle about The Walking Dead and as a character study of what people may be like during an apocolypse, i think its pretty lazy.

I agree with the irrationality part of it. The writers want to challenge their characters and create suspense every episode, which is fine. But I agree sometimes the way they put their characters in danger are pretty lame, I'll agree. I'm sure as a writer you find this especially annoying.

I don't agree that the characters are unlikable. I like Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, and Dale. I even like Shane, Merle and the Governor as far as "villains" go. I agree Carl was getting annoying last season. I like him better now, though. I think Mishonne and Tyreese have a lot of potential. I also think Walking Dead isn't a circumstance to explore the subtle nuances of human nature. It's a visit to the extreme. When I want subtle I watch Mad Men.

Our of curiousity, what shows outside the office do you enjoy? I enjoyed the office until this season, too.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #88
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJUh...e_gdata_player deleted scene about Guillermo's group
Oh wow. Well there you go.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #89
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I agree with the irrationality part of it. The writers want to challenge their characters and create suspense every episode, which is fine. But I agree sometimes the way they put their characters in danger are pretty lame, I'll agree. I'm sure as a writer you find this especially annoying.

I don't agree that the characters are unlikable. I like Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, Daryl, and Dale. I even like Shane, Merle and the Governor as far as "villains" go. I agree Carl was getting annoying last season. I like him better now, though. I think Mishonne and Tyreese have a lot of potential. I also think Walking Dead isn't a circumstance to explore the subtle nuances of human nature. It's a visit to the extreme. When I want subtle I watch Mad Men.

Our of curiousity, what shows outside the office do you enjoy? I enjoyed the office until this season, too.
You're right, i shouldn't paint ALL the characters with a broad brush, but most of that original group I can't stand. And really couldn't stand team Grimes, but thank God Lori is dead. I agree the show is tolerable (for me) when it understands that its just a first person shooter, but the entirety of season 2 was spent trying to be a character study and it failed miserably.

Lets see...this is what I watch.

Some all time favs: The Wire, Seinfeld, Friday Night Lights, Sopranos, Six Feet Under.

Current: Game Of Thrones (never thought I'd like it, but wow, i love it), Louie, MadMen, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Treme, Girls (have a love/hate with this), ya know, the usual shows middle class white people like. Oh, and The Amazing Race is something i can watch from now till the end of time. I'm probably missing some, but I don't watch as much TV as I used to.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #90
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

wow! I can't believe the all the tv people watch... where do you find the time?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #91
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
wow! I can't believe the all the tv people watch... where do you find the time?
when you work in tv, you gotta keep up!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #92
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
You're right, i shouldn't paint ALL the characters with a broad brush, but most of that original group I can't stand. And really couldn't stand team Grimes, but thank God Lori is dead. I agree the show is tolerable (for me) when it understands that its just a first person shooter, but the entirety of season 2 was spent trying to be a character study and it failed miserably.

Lets see...this is what I watch.

Some all time favs: The Wire, Seinfeld, Friday Night Lights, Sopranos, Six Feet Under.

Current: Game Of Thrones (never thought I'd like it, but wow, i love it), Louie, MadMen, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Treme, Girls (have a love/hate with this), ya know, the usual shows middle class white people like. Oh, and The Amazing Race is something i can watch from now till the end of time. I'm probably missing some, but I don't watch as much TV as I used to.

Game of Thrones is excellent. And I have never met someone who didn't admit the Wire was at least pretty good, even if it wasn't their cup of tea (like me). Between the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and whatever else, AMC is killing it right now.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #93
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
when you work in tv, you gotta keep up!
Oh, my bad. This makes sense.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #94
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Game of Thrones is excellent. And I have never met someone who didn't admit the Wire was at least pretty good, even if it wasn't their cup of tea (like me). Between the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men and whatever else, AMC is killing it right now.
Speaking of AMC's The Killing (which is being resurrected), I hated that show. Well, i liked the first season, but felt way cheated at the end. And the second season was a steaming pile.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #95
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
I netflixed walkin dead and breaking bad. Man those are good shows.

Getting my Internet upgraded tomorrow so I'm gonna start watching justified.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #96
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Shows I watch:

Archer, The Americans, Justified, Legit, Sons of Anarchy, Californication, Game of Thrones, Being Human, Lost Girl. I found once football season ended I had alot more time to watch regular TV. Add in Netflix and Amazon Prime and I am finding it hard to justify paying for directv or cable.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #97
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Love the walking dead! Bit of a slow start last night. I love the Lori ghost messing with Rick. I also loved glen stomping the zombie, sweet.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #98
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:

Interesting analysis, definitely. But I think lots of shows/movies succeed with unlikeable protagonists these days.

I'm way behind you guys on this show ... we watch it on Netflix/Roku, and the kid just got shot by Pruitt Taylor Vince (excellent actor, don't miss film 'The Jacket'). Even this early in series, I can't get over: a) why so much time was spent on Shane's interest and pursuit of Lori, it's a zombie-action series - Rick and Shane best friends would've been far smoother, b) for that matter, how tf did Rick find them? Never wouldda happened, so unrealistic! c) I'm supposed to believe Rick's sheriff uniform has made it this far? d) CDC plotline was ridiculous (in a bad way) and e) we all know zombies can't run that fast, duh.

All that said, I think AMC might surpass or maybe has surpassed all other cable networks for original programming.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #99
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I kind of hate watch it, I guess?
I can understand this. I do this with Girls. I liked it a little at first, but have thus far loathed this season. I depise every character. And yet I go on and watch the next episode.

And I understand your complaints about Walking Dead, but I still find it compelling. My tests for good TV are
1) do I look forward to watching it?
and
2) does each episode go by fast and I'm mad when it's over?

WD gets a resounding yes to both questions. The only recent shows that in this respect even remotely compare IMO are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Both are probably superior to WD in many respects, but I think for some reason I enjoy WD more.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #100
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

You've got good taste! Bolded are the best dramas ever IMO, and I either watched or watch every other show listed except FNL and Treme. And I can do without Amazing Race but I've watched some.