The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #476
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #477
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

^ Why couldn't AMC just let Rick drop the f-bomb on that last line? Woulda had so much more oompff. Walter White dropped a f-bomb or two in his day, let Rick get one in.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #478
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
^ Why couldn't AMC just let Rick drop the f-bomb on that last line? Woulda had so much more oompff. Walter White dropped a f-bomb or two in his day, let Rick get one in.
They addressed that on "The Talking Dead" (with the actor who plays Rick -- it's kinda weird to realize he has a British accent) right after the season finale. The prevailing themes of the episode seemed to be "Rick's done taking any sh*t from anyone -- but he's also concerned about how any and all of his actions might affect his son's perception of his character." He doesn't like it that his son witnessed him killing other human beings, even though the stakes were so high for their entire group if he hadn't done it. He wouldn't give it a second thought if he actually was a sociopath like the guys in the "Claimed" gang, but making the difficult choices weighs on the mind of a good, decent man. It came across as -- he's in the presence of women and his son, so he self-censored his language.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:53 AM   #479
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
They addressed that on "The Talking Dead" (with the actor who plays Rick -- it's kinda weird to realize he has a British accent) right after the season finale. The prevailing themes of the episode seemed to be "Rick's done taking any sh*t from anyone -- but he's also concerned about how any and all of his actions might affect his son's perception of his character." He doesn't like it that his son witnessed him killing other human beings, even though the stakes were so high for their entire group if he hadn't done it. He wouldn't give it a second thought if he actually was a sociopath like the guys in the "Claimed" gang, but making the difficult choices weighs on the mind of a good, decent man. It came across as -- he's in the presence of women and his son, so he self-censored his language.
Ah, ok. Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it was an AMC thing. WW did have a couple f-bombs during breaking bad, which honestly surprised me. Even FX, the closest thing on cable to HBO, you won't hear any f's dropped. Sons of anarchy is one of the most dark shows I've ever seen, but don't ever recall Jax dropping a f nugget.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #480
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Ah, ok. Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it was an AMC thing. WW did have a couple f-bombs during breaking bad, which honestly surprised me. Even FX, the closest thing on cable to HBO, you won't hear any f's dropped. Sons of anarchy is one of the most dark shows I've ever seen, but don't ever recall Jax dropping a f nugget.
I'd imagine most anyone's language might become more "colorful" than is generally considered acceptable in polite society -- if a zombie apocalypse did occur. "Manners" would definitely take a back seat to "survival".

I do find it interesting that other humans seem to be a larger threat to the group's survival than the zombies are. The "Claimed" gang, for example, was a huge threat to any humans they encountered; basically looking to rape and pillage and woe be to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path (same story with the strangers Rick had to kill in the bar the night Herschel fell off the wagon in Season 2 -- they didn't dare take the chance of being followed to the farm where the women were).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:13 AM   #481
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I'd imagine most anyone's language might become more "colorful" than is generally considered acceptable in polite society -- if a zombie apocalypse did occur. "Manners" would definitely take a back seat to "survival".

I do find it interesting that other humans seem to be a larger threat to the group's survival than the zombies are. The "Claimed" gang, for example, was a huge threat to any humans they encountered; basically looking to rape and pillage and woe be to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path (same story with the strangers Rick had to kill in the bar the night Herschel fell off the wagon in Season 2 -- they didn't dare take the chance of being followed to the farm where the women were).
Seems like every group of people they come across is dangerous in their own way. (Lady who was keeping her husbands head and tried to kill Rick comes to mind). The claimed gang were abunch of grade A, low life a-holes. Even the governor had his morals (as distorted as they were). The humans in this show are the ultimate villains, the zombies have just allowed these terrible people to become their natural selves, with no laws or need for morals holding them back anymore.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 AM   #482
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Seems like every group of people they come across is dangerous in their own way. (Lady who was keeping her husbands head and tried to kill Rick comes to mind). The claimed gang were abunch of grade A, low life a-holes. Even the governor had his morals (as distorted as they were). The humans in this show are the ultimate villains, the zombies have just allowed these terrible people to become their natural selves, with no laws or need for morals holding them back anymore.
True. A crisis scenario would separate the wheat from the chaff in human nature and TWD does focus more on how the core group reacts to events than on the zombie killing/survival aspects. It's more about the group's emotional and psychological challenges in coping with a chaotic, dangerous world in which civilization essentially no longer exists and morality/ethics could be negotiable depending on the situation.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #483
The Impaler
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

And that's what makes the show great. The interaction between the survivors. Honestly, wouldn't matter if you saw any more zombies (ok, maybe a that's a little too far) and the show would still be good.
The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #484
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,856
Default

Walking Dead needs to have a storyline with some hot chicks that lure men in with sex then force them to do chores on the weekends.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #485
The Impaler
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Walking Dead needs to have a storyline with some hot chicks that lure men in with sex then force them to do chores on the weekends.
That's called marriage.
The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #486
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
That's called marriage.
Glad you got the joke.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #487
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,856
Default

Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all b****y for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #488
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all b****y for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.
just turn off the TV.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #489
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,856
Default

Also who thinks that 1 eyed dog was in on helping Beth get kidnapped. That dog was up something.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #490
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
just turn off the TV.
lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #491
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all b****y for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.
Something tells me you might have some gutters to clean this weekend.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #492
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,425

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
That's called marriage.
Actually, I like the term "Walking Dead" so this show is a metaphor of marriage.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #493
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Something tells me you might have some gutters to clean this weekend.
While I am on the ladder I will secretly wish for a zombie invasion. Just think no more going to work, no more taxes!

Don't lie you know a bunch of you wouldn't mind.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #494
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
While I am on the ladder I will secretly wish for a zombie invasion. Just think no more going to work, no more taxes!

Don't lie you know a bunch of you wouldn't mind.
Right, either no work or taxes to do.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #495
The Impaler
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Actually, I like the term "Walking Dead" so this show is a metaphor of marriage.
haha, so true!!
The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #496
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/thing...king-dead?bffb

Quote:
1. You can buy Daryl’s crossbow at Walmart for $300.
2. HBO execs passed on The Walking Dead because they thought it was too violent.
3. Norman Reedus (Daryl) originally auditioned for the part of Merle.
4. The actress who plays Tara is the real-life sister of Francis from Malcom in the Middle.


40 more things about walking dead you might not know.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Denver Broncos