The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #476
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #477
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

^ Why couldn't AMC just let Rick drop the f-bomb on that last line? Woulda had so much more oompff. Walter White dropped a f-bomb or two in his day, let Rick get one in.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #478
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
^ Why couldn't AMC just let Rick drop the f-bomb on that last line? Woulda had so much more oompff. Walter White dropped a f-bomb or two in his day, let Rick get one in.
They addressed that on "The Talking Dead" (with the actor who plays Rick -- it's kinda weird to realize he has a British accent) right after the season finale. The prevailing themes of the episode seemed to be "Rick's done taking any sh*t from anyone -- but he's also concerned about how any and all of his actions might affect his son's perception of his character." He doesn't like it that his son witnessed him killing other human beings, even though the stakes were so high for their entire group if he hadn't done it. He wouldn't give it a second thought if he actually was a sociopath like the guys in the "Claimed" gang, but making the difficult choices weighs on the mind of a good, decent man. It came across as -- he's in the presence of women and his son, so he self-censored his language.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:53 AM   #479
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
They addressed that on "The Talking Dead" (with the actor who plays Rick -- it's kinda weird to realize he has a British accent) right after the season finale. The prevailing themes of the episode seemed to be "Rick's done taking any sh*t from anyone -- but he's also concerned about how any and all of his actions might affect his son's perception of his character." He doesn't like it that his son witnessed him killing other human beings, even though the stakes were so high for their entire group if he hadn't done it. He wouldn't give it a second thought if he actually was a sociopath like the guys in the "Claimed" gang, but making the difficult choices weighs on the mind of a good, decent man. It came across as -- he's in the presence of women and his son, so he self-censored his language.
Ah, ok. Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it was an AMC thing. WW did have a couple f-bombs during breaking bad, which honestly surprised me. Even FX, the closest thing on cable to HBO, you won't hear any f's dropped. Sons of anarchy is one of the most dark shows I've ever seen, but don't ever recall Jax dropping a f nugget.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #480
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Ah, ok. Makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed it was an AMC thing. WW did have a couple f-bombs during breaking bad, which honestly surprised me. Even FX, the closest thing on cable to HBO, you won't hear any f's dropped. Sons of anarchy is one of the most dark shows I've ever seen, but don't ever recall Jax dropping a f nugget.
I'd imagine most anyone's language might become more "colorful" than is generally considered acceptable in polite society -- if a zombie apocalypse did occur. "Manners" would definitely take a back seat to "survival".

I do find it interesting that other humans seem to be a larger threat to the group's survival than the zombies are. The "Claimed" gang, for example, was a huge threat to any humans they encountered; basically looking to rape and pillage and woe be to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path (same story with the strangers Rick had to kill in the bar the night Herschel fell off the wagon in Season 2 -- they didn't dare take the chance of being followed to the farm where the women were).
Old 04-04-2014, 02:13 AM   #481
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
I'd imagine most anyone's language might become more "colorful" than is generally considered acceptable in polite society -- if a zombie apocalypse did occur. "Manners" would definitely take a back seat to "survival".

I do find it interesting that other humans seem to be a larger threat to the group's survival than the zombies are. The "Claimed" gang, for example, was a huge threat to any humans they encountered; basically looking to rape and pillage and woe be to anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path (same story with the strangers Rick had to kill in the bar the night Herschel fell off the wagon in Season 2 -- they didn't dare take the chance of being followed to the farm where the women were).
Seems like every group of people they come across is dangerous in their own way. (Lady who was keeping her husbands head and tried to kill Rick comes to mind). The claimed gang were abunch of grade A, low life a-holes. Even the governor had his morals (as distorted as they were). The humans in this show are the ultimate villains, the zombies have just allowed these terrible people to become their natural selves, with no laws or need for morals holding them back anymore.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 AM   #482
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Seems like every group of people they come across is dangerous in their own way. (Lady who was keeping her husbands head and tried to kill Rick comes to mind). The claimed gang were abunch of grade A, low life a-holes. Even the governor had his morals (as distorted as they were). The humans in this show are the ultimate villains, the zombies have just allowed these terrible people to become their natural selves, with no laws or need for morals holding them back anymore.
True. A crisis scenario would separate the wheat from the chaff in human nature and TWD does focus more on how the core group reacts to events than on the zombie killing/survival aspects. It's more about the group's emotional and psychological challenges in coping with a chaotic, dangerous world in which civilization essentially no longer exists and morality/ethics could be negotiable depending on the situation.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #483
The Impaler
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And that's what makes the show great. The interaction between the survivors. Honestly, wouldn't matter if you saw any more zombies (ok, maybe a that's a little too far) and the show would still be good.
The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #484
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Walking Dead needs to have a storyline with some hot chicks that lure men in with sex then force them to do chores on the weekends.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #485
The Impaler
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Walking Dead needs to have a storyline with some hot chicks that lure men in with sex then force them to do chores on the weekends.
That's called marriage.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #486
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
That's called marriage.
Glad you got the joke.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #487
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all b****y for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #488
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Then for one story they could have an episode where the women are all b****y for no reason so the men all go hunt zombies and drink beer.
just turn off the TV.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #489
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also who thinks that 1 eyed dog was in on helping Beth get kidnapped. That dog was up something.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #490
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
just turn off the TV.
lol.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #491
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Something tells me you might have some gutters to clean this weekend.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #492
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
That's called marriage.
Actually, I like the term "Walking Dead" so this show is a metaphor of marriage.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #493
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Something tells me you might have some gutters to clean this weekend.
While I am on the ladder I will secretly wish for a zombie invasion. Just think no more going to work, no more taxes!

Don't lie you know a bunch of you wouldn't mind.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #494
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
While I am on the ladder I will secretly wish for a zombie invasion. Just think no more going to work, no more taxes!

Don't lie you know a bunch of you wouldn't mind.
Right, either no work or taxes to do.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #495
The Impaler
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Actually, I like the term "Walking Dead" so this show is a metaphor of marriage.
haha, so true!!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #496
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/thing...king-dead?bffb

Quote:
1. You can buy Daryl’s crossbow at Walmart for $300.
2. HBO execs passed on The Walking Dead because they thought it was too violent.
3. Norman Reedus (Daryl) originally auditioned for the part of Merle.
4. The actress who plays Tara is the real-life sister of Francis from Malcom in the Middle.

40 more things about walking dead you might not know.