The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #451
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,504
Default

I love the show even with the huge story screwups. Let's say 5 of us were a group. Would we all walk in together? I doubt it. Most likely a couple would lay back. If all is good they come get them, if not those 2 know something bad happened and they could mount a rescue. Maybe even only send in one brave person at a time.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #452
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I didn't understand the decision for all four of them to go in at once, either. Also think they probably could have waited a little longer while scouting things out before they went in. I think your right about Tyrese and Carol coming to the rescue, but I bet a few members of the main gang in the car end up as steaks on the grill before all is said and done.
exactly. For sure a group would be smarter then going in together.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #453
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,329
Default

Season 4 was the best, since Season 1. Loved it. The scene with Rick in the dark was probably the best scene of the whole series.

1, Terminus has to be cannibals. No other way to have huge slabs of meat like that off the grill.

2. Rick's right, they don't know who they're f'ing with. Ain't nobody going in that railcar without getting their neck ripped out. Nobody is going out either. The entire group is together, and there is no reason to get separated again. Can't wait until next season!

3. Loved the flashbacks of Herschel convincing Rick to farm. Not sure why it was relevant, but maybe it meant cultivating seeds of family. Now that everybody is together, Rick will never let them separate again.

4. Only queston: How could you escape a situation like that? Take the first hostage who comes in the door? Then what?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:04 PM   #454
Dexter
Pro Bowler
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Bay Harbor Butcher

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Season 4 was the best, since Season 1. Loved it. The scene with Rick in the dark was probably the best scene of the whole series.

1, Terminus has to be cannibals. No other way to have huge slabs of meat like that off the grill.

2. Rick's right, they don't know who they're f'ing with. Ain't nobody going in that railcar without getting their neck ripped out. Nobody is going out either. The entire group is together, and there is no reason to get separated again. Can't wait until next season!

3. Loved the flashbacks of Herschel convincing Rick to farm. Not sure why it was relevant, but maybe it meant cultivating seeds of family. Now that everybody is together, Rick will never let them separate again.

4. Only queston: How could you escape a situation like that? Take the first hostage who comes in the door? Then what?
One of my primary questions is, where is Beth? I think she's easily become one of my favorite characters and I'm going to be pissed if she's randomly dead.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 PM   #455
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
One of my primary questions is, where is Beth? I think she's easily become one of my favorite characters and I'm going to be pissed if she's randomly dead.
No she's not randomly dead. She's alive somewhere, and that's good enough for me. You think a pimp mortician in a Cadillac is just going to kill her? Nah, I don't think so.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:12 PM   #456
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker
 
ShutDownPoster's Avatar
 
JUSTICE is served!!

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 807
Default

I just want a peak at the lesbian's fat hooters, c'mon producers - just throw a guy a bone please.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #457
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default



Link: http://bit.ly/1ljQvWk

Quote:
Norman Mark Reedus "Daryl Dixon" fired from The Walking Dead on Saturday, March 29, 2014 after a disagreement with producers Scott Gimple and Robert Kirkman.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:19 PM   #458
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Season 4 was the best, since Season 1. Loved it. The scene with Rick in the dark was probably the best scene of the whole series.

1, Terminus has to be cannibals. No other way to have huge slabs of meat like that off the grill.

2. Rick's right, they don't know who they're f'ing with. Ain't nobody going in that railcar without getting their neck ripped out. Nobody is going out either. The entire group is together, and there is no reason to get separated again. Can't wait until next season!

3. Loved the flashbacks of Herschel convincing Rick to farm. Not sure why it was relevant, but maybe it meant cultivating seeds of family. Now that everybody is together, Rick will never let them separate again.

4. Only queston: How could you escape a situation like that? Take the first hostage who comes in the door? Then what?

Clearly you rip out their throat with their teeth then castrate the dick bag trying to rape your son. After that, anything is game. It is the zombie apocalypse. Tribalism is the rule of the day. Your group must survive. Your group must be dominant. If that means killing every mother****er in the room, you do it. There is no question about it.

Civilization is a thin candy coating on man's dark impulses. Free the beast.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #459
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Clearly you rip out their throat with their teeth then castrate the dick bag trying to rape your son. After that, anything is game. It is the zombie apocalypse. Tribalism is the rule of the day. Your group must survive. Your group must be dominant. If that means killing every mother****er in the room, you do it. There is no question about it.

Civilization is a thin candy coating on man's dark impulses. Free the beast.

Yeah, you could do it easily. Go bananas on the couple people who are bringing you food, then take their guns and run. Trick them, like they tricked you. Kill 'em all.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #460
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Season 4 was the best, since Season 1. Loved it. The scene with Rick in the dark was probably the best scene of the whole series.
Season 2 is probably still my favorite. I know a lot of people didn't like how long the group looked for Carol's daughter, and the lengthy time at the farm. To me though, it was by far the best season character development wise, and the tension building up between Shane and Rick\Shane and Dale was great. Carol's daughter walking out of the barn is still the shows biggest wtf moment, IMO. Do agree that the scene with Rick going ape**** in the finale might be the best of the series as far as intensity and suspense goes. There was a definite sense of dread in that sequence.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:39 PM   #461
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I knew this had to be a joke, lol.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:00 AM   #462
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Do agree that the scene with Rick going ape**** in the finale might be the best of the series as far as intensity and suspense goes. There was a definite sense of dread in that sequence.
It was weird, because everything was completely unexpected. Except you thought that Rick would live, because of the foreshadowing of him trembling with blood on his hands. I thought for sure somebody was going to get hurt bad or killed, because all the bad guys had weapons.

I couldn't really tell what was happening, because it was so dark. I thought Daryl might have gotten shot. I was like "Oh my god", then Rick did that crazy reverse headbutt and lost it. Can't remember seeing many cooler scenes than that, especially in a TV show.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #463
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Civilization is a thin candy coating on man's dark impulses. Free the beast.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #464
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post

Civilization is a thin candy coating on man's dark impulses. Free the beast.

Years ago, when I was a college student I worked for Ultimate Electronics. Black Friday I watched a middle-aged soccer mom rip a $29.95 portable DVD player from the hands of a elderly woman knocking her down in the process. The look in her eyes when I refused to ring her up after witnessing the carnage was both hilarious and terrifying.

One can only imagine how thin the candy coating would be when the lights go out, the gas at the pump runs out and the stores run empty (even if was only temporarily for a month).

We're all hunger and a turkey leg away from 80,000 BC despite our fancy robes.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #465
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 607

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

I knew Carl wasn't going to die but man did I get my hopes up for a moment. What a way for him to go too.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #466
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
4. Only queston: How could you escape a situation like that? Take the first hostage who comes in the door? Then what?
I actually expect Carol and Tyrese to save them.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #467
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

I'm not really sure how the writers will pull off the group being "saved." The Cannibals have sentinels posted from outside the perimeter of their building. Their numbers looked to be huge too.

Well be interesting to see how it plays out.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #468
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I'm not really sure how the writers will pull off the group being "saved." The Cannibals have sentinels posted from outside the perimeter of their building. Their numbers looked to be huge too.

Well be interesting to see how it plays out.
It's the Walking Dead. There aren't a lot of happy endings, so anyone that believes that the group is just going to be set free and run off to Hilltop colony has another thing coming. I'm sure there is going to be quite a bit of collateral damage.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #469
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It's the Walking Dead. There aren't a lot of happy endings, so anyone that believes that the group is just going to be set free and run off to Hilltop colony has another thing coming. I'm sure there is going to be quite a bit of collateral damage.
I fully expect half of the group to die next season.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #470
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I knew Carl wasn't going to die but man did I get my hopes up for a moment. What a way for him to go too.
I've wanted Carl to die for a couple seasons now, but had he gone out getting gang banged then shot or something like that....damn. That's about the only way the writers could make me feel sorry for him though, can't stand that little bastard.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #471
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
It was weird, because everything was completely unexpected. Except you thought that Rick would live, because of the foreshadowing of him trembling with blood on his hands. I thought for sure somebody was going to get hurt bad or killed, because all the bad guys had weapons.

I couldn't really tell what was happening, because it was so dark. I thought Daryl might have gotten shot. I was like "Oh my god", then Rick did that crazy reverse headbutt and lost it. Can't remember seeing many cooler scenes than that, especially in a TV show.
Yep. After the foreshadowing scene with Rick, I thought either Carl or Michonne were going down in that scuffle for sure. Also thought for a sec maybe some of Glenn's group were goners after Rick noticed the people wearing all their belongings.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #472
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derick Domino
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I'm not really sure how the writers will pull off the group being "saved." The Cannibals have sentinels posted from outside the perimeter of their building. Their numbers looked to be huge too.

Well be interesting to see how it plays out.
The Nazis had sentinels too but Colonel Hogan and his mad cap band of misfits managed to get out all the time. It can be done with enough determination.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #473
The Impaler
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I love the show even with the huge story screwups. Let's say 5 of us were a group. Would we all walk in together? I doubt it. Most likely a couple would lay back. If all is good they come get them, if not those 2 know something bad happened and they could mount a rescue. Maybe even only send in one brave person at a time.
You know, this got me thinking. While I'm sure it's probably just something as simple as the writers either didn't think of that, or, just felt it didn't move the story where they wanted; one "In The Walking Dead world" plausible scenario to the group brain cramp would be fatigue and hunger. Anyone who's watched Survivorman or Naked and Afraid knows what lack of sleep and food can do to the mental faculties.
The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #474
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 607

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
You know, this got me thinking. While I'm sure it's probably just something as simple as the writers either didn't think of that, or, just felt it didn't move the story where they wanted; one "In The Walking Dead world" plausible scenario to the group brain cramp would be fatigue and hunger. Anyone who's watched Survivorman or Naked and Afraid knows what lack of sleep and food can do to the mental faculties.
That's a good point but I think most of the people who aren't too scared to close their eyes and haven't become great at scavenging are long gone by this point in the show.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #475
The Impaler
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
That's a good point but I think most of the people who aren't too scared to close their eyes and haven't become great at scavenging are long gone by this point in the show.
While that's probably true, it wouldn't change the fact that the 4 were on the road scavenging and in a state where they probably weren't getting much rest. Doesn't take more than a few days of that to really start affecting brain function/decision making.
The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Denver Broncos