The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #376
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Watching True Detective and then watching this is like reading the Art of War before switching to a Berenstain Bears book.
True that. I had a similar reaction when Breaking Bad ended and the 4th season started in its wake. It's almost unfair to compare this show to those two, but watching high quality television elevates standards...
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #377
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #378
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

OMG!!!!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #379
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Watching True Detective and then watching this is like reading the Art of War before switching to a Berenstain Bears book.
That is insulting to the Berestein Bears. They educate kids. Twilight would be a bettet analogy.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #380
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
Playing online for cash?
Just online for free on my smart phone. I am going to try to get our home game going again and seek out some fundraising type tourneys again. I had to stop after my car accident because I couldn't sit at a table that long, worth giving it another try now.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #381
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Well, TWD has the hype and legion of undead fan boys to keep it going. It's really hard to have so many parallel storylines, and you really need a great script and master storyteller to pull it off. Here is just a massive clusterfark.
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #382
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST SHOW ON TV IN A LONG TIME!
Not even close, IMO. But to each their own. (I do watch and enjoy the show though)
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #383
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Not even close, IMO. But to each their own. (I do watch and enjoy the show though)
I also watch Following, Elementry, CSI, Criminal Minds. But my new free TV show is Hannibal. Its been the only Anthony Hopkins free Hannibal thing that I've liked. IMHO each show hass been movie quility story telling.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #384
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

+1 love Hannibal!
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #385
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

This season was much better than the last one. Season 3 was so awful. Time to wrap this up, though. I am in as long as Rick is a character. The way they phased him out this season has me suspicious.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #386
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This season was much better than the last one. Season 3 was so awful. Time to wrap this up, though. I am in as long as Rick is a character. The way they phased him out this season has me suspicious.
Just caught up on season 4, much better than 3. It needs to end after one more season, but it won't. I've read online the writers could see it lasting until 2020....
Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #387
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
I also watch Following, Elementry, CSI, Criminal Minds. But my new free TV show is Hannibal. Its been the only Anthony Hopkins free Hannibal thing that I've liked. IMHO each show hass been movie quility story telling.
Hannibal is great. It's the only show not on cable or HBO that has grabbed me and held on in a while. I admittedly like dark, serious shows with some violence, deep plot, and a little dark humor sprinkled in. My favorites are the sopranos, sons of anarchy, breaking bad, the wire, justified, game of thrones, and dexter (although the last 3 seasons were pretty subpar to the others). Blacklist was cool the first season, kinda over it though.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #388
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Lol. That b**** was crazy. Destined to be a sociopathic serial killer had she not been growing up in a zombie apocalypse.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:16 AM   #389
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Me too. Killing off Rick would end my fascination with this show, but I think the foreshadowing is intended for the son, which also is completely unacceptable.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:09 AM   #390
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Me too. Killing off Rick would end my fascination with this show, but I think the foreshadowing is intended for the son, which also is completely unacceptable.
Once The Governor was killed off, it was a "given" that they're gonna need a new human threat to the group's survival (Terminus is almost definitely bad news). For each human that dies, they need to introduce more humans or the show would become quite boring.

It looked to me like the bonding between Michonne and Rick's son is kinda hinting at a next-season romance for her and Rick.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #391
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Once The Governor was killed off, it was a "given" that they're gonna need a new human threat to the group's survival (Terminus is almost definitely bad news). For each human that dies, they need to introduce more humans or the show would become quite boring.

It looked to me like the bonding between Michonne and Rick's son is kinda hinting at a next-season romance for her and Rick.
It funny you say that. It could happen. But I want to see Tyress and Carol hook-up. It happens in the comicbook. But Carol in the comicbook is way more Efffed up.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #392
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Did anyone find it ridiclous when Beth tried liquot for the first time and it was moonshine and all she did was say it was gross?
What happened to her?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #393
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I thought last season for the most part was better, except for the weak season finale and the fact they didn't wrap up the prison and Governor storylines. The episodes where Lori dies and Morgan comes back were some of the series best since the pilot though.

The first half of this season was completely idiotic until the mid season finale. I think it's fine when characters do stupid things or make mistakes, but this group acts too dumb to live. I mean, you got a disease spreading around that's killing people, and you are trying to quarantine the sick in a prison block, and not one person among them thinks to lock the dying people in a prison cell to contain the reanimated corpse? Or Carol killing those people... just an absurdly extreme measure with almost no probability of successfully preventing the spread of a disease. That kind of stuff isn't actually stupid characters... it's stupid writing.

The second half has been a bit better. But it still had stuff like the Daryl/Beth episode... that was as bad as this show gets. The finale should be better than the last one hopefully. It's got one of the best Breaking Bad directors behind the helm -- Michelle Maclaren -- who can direct some kick ass action scenes so it should at least be exciting.

I doubt they kill off Rick but Maggie burning her photo because Glenn "won't need it" sure seems like hackneyed foreshadowing...
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #394
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstixx View Post
Terminus is a village of cannibals... at least that is what I was hearing.
That's what I suspect. I mean, what did she have on that grill?
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #395
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Just. Kill. Carl. Whenever he is involved, stupid stuff happens. But if they follow the comics at all as it seems they are doing lately it won't happen...sigh.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #396
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
What happened to her?
She tried her first drink of alcohol and it was moonshine they found in a barn. She didn't even make a face, she just said it was gross. It is someting small but it is one of the many things yhis show overlooks. More than likely she would be coughing/gagging. It was just ridiculousn
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #397
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
She tried her first drink of alcohol and it was moonshine...
I assume he's asking what happened to her later in the episode. Who abducted her, where they took her, etc.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #398
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
It funny you say that. It could happen. But I want to see Tyress and Carol hook-up. It happens in the comicbook. But Carol in the comicbook is way more Efffed up.
Yeah the Carol in the show is actually really strong and has got her stuff together. The Carol from the books was a total co-dependent whack job and it makes sense someone like that would spiral into madness in a world where everything is fickle. Carol in the show should be more messed up than she is with what happened to Sophia, her husband and now these two girls. But somehow she's let those experiences make her stronger which is a huge departure from the source material.

The other issue is chemistry. Michonne and Rick have chemistry with each other. Carol and Tyreese do not. Good TV writers lean on what's working on screen and allow the progression to seem organic and keep the story somewhat fresh.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #399
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I still really love this show. This has been a really good season. I didn't like the Darryl and Beth episode, mainly because I didn't like all the hints of "when I'm gone, and you're the only one left". I don't want the show to end that way. But I get why they did it, it's logical.

Overall, the artistic element this season has been cool to watch...almost like each episode is a neat little self-contained, life-like diarama.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #400
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
awesome! I loved the ending of last week's episode and knew it was coming. That girl had no clue....to the end.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote