The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
The chosen one is coming.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 38,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default HBO Scientology Documentary

Anyone see this? Watching it now and halfway through, extremely entertaining.

Scientology is obviously nuts, but I'd always written it off as the same kind of bananas that every religion is to a certain extent. Turns out L Ron Hubbard was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more of a lunatic than I ever could have imagined.

So far it's well worth the watch.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Oh did you think South Park wasn't 100% accurate or something? They are completely bonkers.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
The chosen one is coming.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 38,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Oh did you think South Park wasn't 100% accurate or something? They are completely bonkers.
I don't watch South Park?

I mean, I've seen a lot of them and it's a funny show, respect the creators, etc. but I don't make time to watch it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 25,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EEOMbBIO8

^ lol



^ Also owning Mormons.

God how people can fall for either of that **** is beyond me.
__________________
Tennessee Titans GM | Orange Mane Mock Draft

(1) Leonard Williams, DL -- USC
(2A) P.J. Williams, CB -- FSU
(2B) Carl Davis, NT -- Iowa
(3) Daryl Williams, OT -- Oklahoma
(4) Jarvis Harrison, OG -- Texas A&M
(6B) John Crockett, RB -- North Dakota State
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #5
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 11,360
Default

Who wouldn't pay $100K for super human powers?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 25,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Who wouldn't pay $100K for super human powers?
__________________
Tennessee Titans GM | Orange Mane Mock Draft

(1) Leonard Williams, DL -- USC
(2A) P.J. Williams, CB -- FSU
(2B) Carl Davis, NT -- Iowa
(3) Daryl Williams, OT -- Oklahoma
(4) Jarvis Harrison, OG -- Texas A&M
(6B) John Crockett, RB -- North Dakota State
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #7
BobGnarly
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 161

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Watched it a few days ago. **** is absolutely nuts
BobGnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #8
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I don't watch South Park?

I mean, I've seen a lot of them and it's a funny show, respect the creators, etc. but I don't make time to watch it.
Wait you've never seen the South Park Scientology breakdown? One of the greatest moments in television history...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 25,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGnarly View Post
Watched it a few days ago. **** is absolutely nuts
Is it any more nuts than all the Noah's Ark rigamarole?
__________________
Tennessee Titans GM | Orange Mane Mock Draft

(1) Leonard Williams, DL -- USC
(2A) P.J. Williams, CB -- FSU
(2B) Carl Davis, NT -- Iowa
(3) Daryl Williams, OT -- Oklahoma
(4) Jarvis Harrison, OG -- Texas A&M
(6B) John Crockett, RB -- North Dakota State
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #10
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
The chosen one is coming.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 38,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGnarly View Post
Watched it a few days ago. **** is absolutely nuts
OMFG he cold cocked his wife while she was sleeping because she was smiling in her sleep and he thought she was dreaming about another man?

That's next level crazy. I'd laugh if it weren't absolutely horrible.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
The chosen one is coming.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 38,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Wait you've never seen the South Park Scientology breakdown? One of the greatest moments in television history...
I'm pretty sure that's a gross exaggeration. Still, I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow though.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #12
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Is it any more nuts than all the Noah's Ark rigamarole?
Yeah it is. Not that people who take Hebrew mythology literally aren't nuts as well. It's just that Scientology is literally the craziest widespread belief system mankind has ever concocted.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
The chosen one is coming.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 38,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Getting tired. Going to have to wrap this up tomorrow, but pretty great so far.

Well worth the time, at least.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #14
Brohemoth
Pro Bowler
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 734

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It's just as silly as Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, etc.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Playoff Manning

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'm pretty sure that's a gross exaggeration. Still, I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow though.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
Bronkota
Solid Starter
 
Bronkota's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Anyone see this? Watching it now and halfway through, extremely entertaining.

Scientology is obviously nuts, but I'd always written it off as the same kind of bananas that every religion is to a certain extent. Turns out L Ron Hubbard was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more of a lunatic than I ever could have imagined.

So far it's well worth the watch.
I watched and thought what a genius to turn his lunaiticity into a billion dollar religion and I agree no differant from any other religion. Google famous people in Scientology and be surprised at the idiots Ron has suckered in.
Bronkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #17
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,839

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

How do you accidentally fire on a Mexican island?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #18
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 14,201

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

^ Also owning Mormons.

God how people can fall for either of that **** is beyond me.
So DomCasual says to himself, "Anything you say here will be unquestionably mean-spirited. Just stay above the fray. Don't lower yourself to the lowest common denominator. Just don't."

Hmm, Requiem. What an interesting opinion!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #19
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Playoff Manning

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

In all fairness to Req, most of my family considers the LDS a cult. My radically conservative paternal grandmother voted for Obama because she didn't want a 'Mormon heretic' in the White House.

Any religion does require a little bit of suspension of disbelief and logic. But you can further logically analyze religion and ask if the benefit outweighs the risk. In most cases, it does.

No religion has gotten it 100% right, but they're all striving to the same end and as a social phenomena some are less crazy than others. Scientology pretty much outweighs them all.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:46 PM   #20
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

One of my old bosses was a scientologist. I could tell you some scary stories.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #21
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogulseeker View Post
In all fairness to Req, most of my family considers the LDS a cult. My radically conservative paternal grandmother voted for Obama because she didn't want a 'Mormon heretic' in the White House.

Any religion does require a little bit of suspension of disbelief and logic. But you can further logically analyze religion and ask if the benefit outweighs the risk. In most cases, it does.

No religion has gotten it 100% right, but they're all striving to the same end and as a social phenomena some are less crazy than others. Scientology pretty much outweighs them all.
My guess is in a thousand years humans will look upon our God the same way we look upon Zeus.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #22
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 25,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
So DomCasual says to himself, "Anything you say here will be unquestionably mean-spirited. Just stay above the fray. Don't lower yourself to the lowest common denominator. Just don't."

Hmm, Requiem. What an interesting opinion!
I'm sorry that you buy into that stuff. I don't think any less of you for doing so. I just don't understand it.
__________________
Tennessee Titans GM | Orange Mane Mock Draft

(1) Leonard Williams, DL -- USC
(2A) P.J. Williams, CB -- FSU
(2B) Carl Davis, NT -- Iowa
(3) Daryl Williams, OT -- Oklahoma
(4) Jarvis Harrison, OG -- Texas A&M
(6B) John Crockett, RB -- North Dakota State
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:00 PM   #23
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Playoff Manning

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
My guess is in a thousand years humans will look upon our God the same way we look upon Zeus.
They'll have a new God.

There's a South Park episode for that, too:

Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #24
sgbfan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EEOMbBIO8

^ lol



^ Also owning Mormons.

God how people can fall for either of that **** is beyond me.
I thought we were bonding over the Mariners tonight Req and you go out and dis me like this?

sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #25
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

As crazy as they are, they at least know anti-depressants are harmful so you gotta give them that.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Denver Broncos