The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #376
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Have fun watching that clown coach the Nuggets for many years, Nugget fans.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #377
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
George Karl is the NBA version of Marty Schottenheimer. he needs to be replaced. give him a front office position with the Nuggets and bring in a real coach.
No team Marty left ever got better after he was gone.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #378
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
i'm not saying it is bad to have paid them. i am saying they got paid too soon. CarGo for all his talent continues to have consistency issues. Tulo is up and down on a year to year basis depending on injuries. for almost 200 million he should be in the lineup just about every game. he needs to average 150 games played a year. i understand days off to keep fresh, but his injuries keep him out dozens of games at a time.
This logic/rational just seems stupid to me. Lets not lock up a guy for most of his prime years, because we might be paying him too soon.
Would the Broncos be paying Von Miller too soon if they locked him up this year for the next decade?
Fact is, Tulo has generated 6+ wins 3 of his 5 years, almost 7 wins a couple times. Thats taking into account injuries as well. Thats REALLY good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Locking up Tulo and Cargo long term was the best thing they could do. Also, Rutlege, Arenado, Fowler, Young, Rosario make the everday lineup potentially pretty damn good.

The pitching was always what pissed me off about them. As well as the constant Coors Field excuses. This year the starting pitching has held up pretty well. Hopefully they can last the year and be decent, and Chatwood can come up and dominate.
Fowler started out strong this year, Rosario needs to shore up his defense.

The pitching will always be an issue for the Rockies.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #379
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Congrats Karl...by the way it is so nice to have Maven on ignore...I'm sure his comment was brilliant...lmao
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #380
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
Congrats Karl...by the way it is so nice to have Maven on ignore...I'm sure his comment was brilliant...lmao
So you won't have to wonder anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #381
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

What is Maven's motivation for selecting Beckham as his Avy?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #382
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I called out the Tulo contract the moment it happened. I said it was stoooopid. The friggen rockies are joke with Dan O'Dowd running the show, what a clown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Tulo is the best player in the league at arguably the most important position in the lineup.

His salary ranks 103rd in baseball.

Other than that, you're right - what a "stoooopid" deal.

People are funny. They complain that the Rockies don't spend enough money. But then, the Rockies go and lock down their best players to long-term deals, and people complain that they aren't spending wisely.

Tell me this. Where would you rather they spent the $10 million/year they're giving Tulo?
Jebus christy. Straight pwnage.

Last edited by Eldorado; 05-09-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #383
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
This logic/rational just seems stupid to me. Lets not lock up a guy for most of his prime years, because we might be paying him too soon.
Would the Broncos be paying Von Miller too soon if they locked him up this year for the next decade?
Fact is, Tulo has generated 6+ wins 3 of his 5 years, almost 7 wins a couple times. Thats taking into account injuries as well. Thats REALLY good.

Fowler started out strong this year, Rosario needs to shore up his defense.

The pitching will always be an issue for the Rockies.

After this year Von will in theory have gotten even better and will have had 3 full seasons to show he is worth a long term commitment. Tulo got paid after 1 full season same as CarGo so Von getting a new deal is nothing like the albatross deal Tulo got.

Now let's think if that 1 season was a fluke or he was a Balco guy that money would have been wasted. The sample size of whether he is worth getting paid was too small. He has been in and out of the lineup because of seemingly annual injuries, now he is having to be rested like a guy who has played over a decade. A near 200 milliin dollar contract for a player with annual injury issues is a bad investment and was something that could have been seen had the team waited to pay him a couple more seasons.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #384
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Well, Tulo is arguably the best SS in the game today. He already has a 1.9 WAR for the season, leading all SS in hitting this season. The only thing down on him is he's had some unfortunate injuries.
I guarantee you he'd be offered a huge contract, absolutely guaranteed. You're a fool if you think otherwise, all but two of his years he's had a WAR of over 6 for the season.
He's also a terrific leader, and a catalyst for the Rockies 2007 season.

As for CarGo, same thing almost. He's a top player at his position that has 5 Tools. Remember, he was a part of the Holliday trade that also brough Huston Street to Denver. To me, it worked out for the Rockies because CarGo developed into an All Star OF.
I am not saying Tulo or CarGo are unworthy of being paid well, I just feel they got paid too much too soon. Even the Yankees and their giant payroll wouldn't have backed up the Brinks truck to either players doorstep after 1 year of major league experience
Old 05-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #385
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I am not saying Tulo or CarGo are unworthy of being paid well, I just feel they got paid too much too soon. Even the Yankees and their giant payroll wouldn't have backed up the Brinks truck to either players doorstep after 1 year of major league experience
The Rockies signed Tulo after his 1st year to a 7 year, $45 million deal. That is a fantastic deal.
After 2010, they upped it another 7 years and $100 million.

Again, if they didn't, I guarantee you any team would be looking to pick him up for that amount. The Yankees don't have to do it this way because teams WANT to go to New York, and know they will get paid.
Rockies? Management has to fork over money to get them to stay. Its like, get pissed the Rockies don't spend money, but then get mad when they spend it on arguably the best players at their respective positions.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #386
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
The Rockies signed Tulo after his 1st year to a 7 year, $45 million deal. That is a fantastic deal.

Again, if they didn't, I guarantee you any team would be looking to pick him up for that amount. The Yankees don't have to do it this way because teams WANT to go to New York, and know they will get paid.
Rockies? Management has to fork over money to get them to stay. Its like, get pissed the Rockies don't spend money, but then get mad when they spend it on arguably the best players at their respective positions.
I've realized that we're arguing baseball with people who don't necessarily watch that much baseball. And that's okay, other than those who make silly statements intended to make themselves sound like they're more up-to-speed on the game than they really are.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #387
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What is Maven's motivation for selecting Beckham as his Avy?
We are both champions at the game of life.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #388
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

They didn't need to sign him to the first contract
He was theirs for several more seasons without that deal. It was given too soon. In fact it was the biggest.contract ever given to a.guy with that little experience. It was unprecedented and unnecessary
Old 05-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #389
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
They didn't need to sign him to the first contract
He was theirs for several more seasons without that deal. It was given too soon. In fact it was the biggest.contract ever given to a.guy with that little experience. It was unprecedented and unnecessary
Taking a small risk to sign players through most (if not all) of their arbitration years has been a trend that started maybe fifteen years ago. It's a risk; but it's a fair price to pay to have a predictable salary structure in a small-to- medium-sized market. I love how you say the Yankees don't do it. Well, duh! The Yankees payroll is three times that of a team like the Rockies! The Yankees just sign up the guys that get to free agency. The Rockies simply can't do that. Let's say the Rockies just went crazy, and raised their payroll to $100 million. Well, they still have a completely different model than the Yankees, because they're spending half as much.

The funny thing is that you're arguing this based on a contract (Tulo's) that's worked out swimmingly. The only good year Tulo has had was 2007200920102011. Oh, wait - that's four good years! Oh, and he wins gold gloves. At shortstop. And he's a leader. And he's a Denver icon.

So, if the Rockies had 100 chances to do that initial extension again, they would do it - oh, I don't know - 100 times.

Honestly, you should just stop on this.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #390
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

I thought this was a Nuggets thread?
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #391
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
What are nuggets, other than small pieces of the Rockies?
Old 05-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #392
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...Collier-120592

Colorado got a verbal committment from class of '14 point guard Dominque Collier. Dominique had offers from UCLA, Arizona, Kansas, Missouri, Oregon and others and is ranked the #61 player nationally. Congrats to coach Tad Boyle. He's building an excellent program in Boulder.

Last edited by bombay; 05-09-2013 at 02:40 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #393
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post
It's baseball season Dwight@!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #394
TheChamp24

The Legend

So currently, according to ESPN, CarGo and Tulo are 4th and 5th in the NL in WAR for hitters.
Still a young season, but yes, I think its quite safe to say that they are worthy of their contracts they received.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #395
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Nobody cares, butt nugget.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #396
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 6m

Oh my---->RT @WojYahooNBA: Denver has parted ways with coach George Karl, league source tells Yahoo! Sports.
Expand
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #397
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Sweet but, can they land a solid better replacement
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #398
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

OUCH.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #399
Bacchus

ugh.... Carl wasn't great but who is his replacement going to be?

ANY IDEAS?
Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #400
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Brian Shaw?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote