The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #251
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
As a Denver native with previous copious experience watching the buttNuggets, I can assure you all this is what will happen:

They'll choke in the playoffs.
Aren't you a Mavs fan? Dirk Diggler isn't getting any younger.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #252
Bacchus

Nuggets in 6

Season series: Nuggets won 3-1.

Points per game (per 100 possessions): Nuggets 106.1, Warriors 101.2 (Nuggets 107.6, Warriors 104.2)

Points allowed per game (per 100 possessions): Nuggets 101.1, Warriors 100.3 (Nuggets 102.0, Warriors 102.6)

Matchups worth watching: Nuggets point guard Ty Lawson vs. Warriors point guard Stephen Curry, Nuggets shooting guard Andre Iguodala vs. Warriors small forward Harrison Barnes, Nuggets power forward Kenneth Faried vs. Warriors power forward David Lee.

Scoring leaders: Lawson (16.7 PPG), Stephen Curry (22.9 PPG).

Why Denver will win: The Nuggets are virtually unbeatable at home. The loss of Danilo Gallinari to a torn knee ligament hurts, but between Iguodala, Corey Brewer, Wilson Chandler and Evan Fournier, they have no shortage of talented, athletic wings that can cause matchup problems for opponents. If Lawson is at full strength, Denver has the speed in the backcourt to match Curry and Klay Thompson.

Why Golden State will win: Curry and Thompson give the Warriors outside-shooting threats that the Nuggets can't come close to matching, especially with Gallinari out. Andrew Bogut is finally healthy, and can provide an interior defensive presence that could neutralize Denver's talented but inconsistent frontcourt.

Did you know? The Warriors lead the league in three-point percentage (40.3%), while the Nuggets are tops in points in the paint (57.8 a game). Contrasting styles will be on display in this series.

Prediction: Nuggets in 6.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eview/2091839/
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #253
Bacchus

Basketball Perspective predicted Denver would win 58 games.

Back in October, when the Los Angeles Lakers were the greatest show on paper, the brains at Basketball Prospectus surprised folks by projecting the starless Nuggets to win 58 games. Some might have called it Basketball Preposterous. Now? Basketball Nostradamus.

The prediction was just one game off — Denver won its 57th game Wednesday in the regular-season finale, defeating Phoenix 118-98, thus clinching the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference. The 57 wins are the most by the Nuggets since joining the NBA in 1976, and the win was their 23rd consecutive at the Pepsi Center, where the Nuggets will open the playoffs against the No. 6-seeded Golden State Warriors on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

But who did they not surprise? Kevin Pelton from Basketball Prospectus. In an e-mail Wednesday night, he said: "With any successful projection, there's a great deal of luck involved, but I do think (our projection system) correctly picked up on how the addition of Andre Iguodala and improvement from Kenneth Faried and JaVale McGee could make Denver an above-average defensive team to go along with the elite offense last season. And the scary thing is that the Nuggets may have been better than projected after Wilson Chandler got healthy, even with the other injuries."

Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #254
Bacchus

Congrats to the nugs today a tough hard fought victory!!

1-0

Nuggets in 6
Old 04-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #255
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

They better start hitting some of those outside shots or this is going to be a long series!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #256
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
They better start hitting some of those outside shots or this is going to be a long series!
I hope it was just nerves with overcoming expectations and the playoff woes of past. But you are right they are in for a long series if they don't. The long shots led to long rebounds and killed their ability to defend and create fast break points from turnovers. It is a huge downfall of the run and gun style. Need speed and transition to generate bulk of offense. When you slow it down they struggle.

They made their surge in the second half after they splashed a few long shots, mostly Brewer (who is strikingly similar looking to Handiman). But it only came in surts.

Losing Lee for the season is a pretty big loss for them. A shame it happened in the middle of the first game of the series for them. They have the worlds second most ugliest man in the world playing center in Bogut, second only to Chris Kaman, and he really disrupted things in the paint. Hopefully, that doesn't continue.

I hope Faried can come back and contribute soon. They miss his relentlessness in rebounding and defense.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #257
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I hope it was just nerves with overcoming expectations and the playoff woes of past. But you are right they are in for a long series if they don't. The long shots led to long rebounds and killed their ability to defend and create fast break points from turnovers. It is a huge downfall of the run and gun style. Need speed and transition to generate bulk of offense. When you slow it down they struggle.

They made their surge in the second half after they splashed a few long shots, mostly Brewer (who is strikingly similar looking to Handiman). But it only came in surts.

Losing Lee for the season is a pretty big loss for them. A shame it happened in the middle of the first game of the series for them. They have the worlds second most ugliest man in the world playing center in Bogut, second only to Chris Kaman, and he really disrupted things in the paint. Hopefully, that doesn't continue.

I hope Faried can come back and contribute soon. They miss his relentlessness in rebounding and defense.
I would add that with Chandler having to focus on rebounding, his shooting may have suffered too.

Faried should be back tomorrow night, which should strengthen the bench as well as change the energy and rebounding. Hopefully!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #258
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

1-0

Nuggets in 6
I'll be pissed if they let it go to 6. Should be a 5 gamer. I expect a relatively easy win tomorrow night, they get all that home court juju and calls in game 3 and win, Nugs win a hard fought game 4, and game 5, home court, close it out, git r done.

Last edited by spdirty; 04-22-2013 at 06:01 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #259
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I'll be pissed if they let it go to 6. Should be a 5 gamer. I expect a relatively easy win tomorrow night, they get all that home court juju and calls in game 3 and win, Nugs win a hard fought game 4, and game 5, home court, close it out, git r done.
I think Golden State is a tough match-up for the Nugz. Five games would be sweet.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #260
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
I think Golden State is a tough match-up for the Nugz. Five games would be sweet.
They are difficult, I was hoping for Houston.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #261
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Faried will likely be on the bench to start. I could see Faried and Brewer subing early for real energy changes. Fornier most likely will get his numbers up and Lawson needs to continue to work Curry. But I don't think there is much doubt that the Nuggets have great chance to win Tuesday.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #262
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

GS is kicking our ass in our house without all their players. Talk about a bad omen.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #263
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Losing lee is opening their game up...but that is only good for them if they are hitting from the outside.............tonight they are
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #264
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Just keep leaving Curry wide open boys.

It's like defending the drive and kick and the pick is something completely foreign to the Nuggets tonight.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #265
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

They are a 45% 3 point team and tonight they are hitting 80% of them.

Really?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #266
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Unreal. I'm so tired of this bull****. Someone remind me why I watch sports again?
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #267
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
Losing lee is opening their game up...but that is only good for them if they are hitting from the outside.............tonight they are
And they will continue to hit those all series so long as our bigs keep sucking **** and the perimeter guys keep cheating in leaving the 2 best shooters on the planet wide open.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #268
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Well Curry has an ankle issue now. Maybe their best players will keep getting hurt and they won't have anyone left.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #269
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Well Curry has an ankle issue now. Maybe their best players will keep getting hurt and they won't have anyone left.
Won't matter. They'll hit a Hail Mary or shoot 90% from three.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #270
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Typical George Karl playoff performance.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #271
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

At least we're probably gonna get tacos.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #272
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Curry just missed a three. Also a positive.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #273
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

1-1 now. GS is a hot/cold running team. When they are on they can beat almost anyone.... Even in Denver.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #274
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:

1-0

Nuggets in 6
Please please please let Nugs in 6 be true! If that happens we're gonna need to win 2 at oracle.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #275
spiralism

Same old Nuggets...The Atlanta Falcons of the NBA

Last edited by spiralism; 04-24-2013 at 04:22 AM..