The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #26
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ I can understand why you'd have that opinion, BB. He has shifted. But he's presented a pretty good case for those shifts. I don't always agree with him but I find him to be pretty passionate about his opinions. I think he provokes a lot of thought about different issues. Yes, like anyone he has his pet issues and biases, and he can be a drama queen. But he presents multiple viewpoints, links to a lot of really interesting people and topics, and readily airs dissenting opinions including dissents to his opinions and dissents specifically to his posts. His blog is intellectually stimulating and challenging. I always end up going back to it even after taking a break. And if you've ever seen or read his exchanges with the late Christopher Hitchens you know he's an extremely bright guy.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #27
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ I can understand why you'd have that opinion, BB. He has shifted. But he's presented a pretty good case for those shifts. I don't always agree with him but I find him to be pretty passionate about his opinions. I think he provokes a lot of thought about different issues. Yes, like anyone he has his pet issues and biases, and he can be a drama queen. But he presents multiple viewpoints, links to a lot of really interesting people and topics, and readily airs dissenting opinions including dissents to his opinions and dissents specifically to his posts. His blog is intellectually stimulating and challenging. I always end up going back to it even after taking a break. And if you've ever seen or read his exchanges with the late Christopher Hitchens you know he's an extremely bright guy.
I appreciate the civil response. And I agree that Sullivan is intelligent. But there's enough of a body of evidence out there that something else is going on. He's had enough borderline crazy or at least erratic episodes that you either have to conclude he's vindictively disingenuous or at least half bat-**** crazy.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #28
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

meanwhile,Bill orielly(apostrophe/qoutation button not working) caught lying. talking to bob beckal yesterday,claimed msnbc is not talking about the drone story. funny thing is that it was msnbc that broke the story, & have been talking about it alot.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #29
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
meanwhile,Bill orielly(apostrophe/qoutation button not working) caught lying. talking to bob beckal yesterday,claimed msnbc is not talking about the drone story. funny thing is that it was msnbc that broke the story, & have been talking about it alot.
I was just reading today about why the drone issue doesn't get more attention:

Quote:
Many conservatives are ideologically committed to the proposition that the president should be almost totally unconstrained in the realm of foreign affairs. As a result, many of Obama’s most questionable behavior is ignored by the conservative press — and it is also ignored by the subset of the “establishment media” that uses partisan conflict to determine what to investigate, rather than making independent judgments about what is important to cover.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-obama/272807/

Quote:
The media are “soft” on Barack Obama on the subject of foreign policy because Republicans can’t object to the worst and most controversial foreign policy decisions of the Obama administration, and most elected Democrats won’t. If Lindsey Graham and Dianne Feinstein agree, then for the purposes of the Sunday shows there’s no “debate” to be had. When liberal senators like Ron Wyden object to administration actions, it’s just not considered as important or newsworthy as Republican objections to perceived liberal actions by the administration.
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/07/obam...rvative_media/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #30
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

When I talk to conservatives I know, they always rebuke anything about Fox News by saying, "MSNBC IS JUST AS BAD!!!!"

Not quite.

Diverse voters, diverse sources.

Last edited by Blart; 02-09-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #31
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
When I talk to conservatives I know, they always rebuke anything about Fox News by saying, "MSNBC IS JUST AS BAD!!!!"

Not quite.

Diverse voters, diverse sources.
Diversity does not necessarily guarantee credibility.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...-politics.html