The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #76
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Yes. The game was only that close because of two kick returns for a touchdown. Those will always be flukes, you cannot rely upon them.

The Ravens were the better team for five quarters and played the better game and anyone that disputes this is delusional.
The only delusional one in this thread is you. If Tridget doesn't take those to the house....There's nothing that says Manning & the offense don't sustain TD drives themselves. You have to be an idiot to say the offense scores 14 points less if the returns don't happen.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #77
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
The only delusional one in this thread is you. If Tridget doesn't take those to the house....There's nothing that says Manning & the offense don't sustain TD drives themselves. You have to be an idiot to say the offense scores 14 points less if the returns don't happen.
Nothing except Manning's inability to throw more than 15 yards, Thomas' multiple drops, Decker's inconsistency, and the inability to run the football.

Yeah, nothing at all.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #78
ThirtyDegrees

Anyone that thinks gives Champ Bailey a pass and yet blames Moore is the one that knows nothing about football and is simply a hero worshipping loser.

Rahim Moore made a terrible and stupid mistake by letting the receiver get behind him and then made another by mis-timing his jump. On balance it was his inexperience that led to his mental skills not meeting the standard necessary to make the play. Moore was personally responsible for 7 Baltimore points.

Champ Bailey showed a complete inability to cover Torrey Smith for most of the football game. Champ's mistakes were caused in large part by his athletic skills not meeting the standard necessary to make the plays. Champ was personally responsible for 14 Baltimore points.

Of the two performances, Champ Bailey's is less excusable for a number of reasons.

Champ Bailey is leader on the team and should have been expected to recognize that he was unable to cover Torrey Smith before the game even started. Instead, Bailey wrote a check with his mouth to the press that his ability couldn't cash during the game and he was embarrassed repeatedly.

Furthermore, as a defensive captain and leader Bailey had the obligation to recognize when he was unable to do his job once the game had begun and ask for help. Instead he allowed Smith to continue to dominate him for the rest of the day.

Bailey had more responsibilities than Moore and he flat out failed in each and every one of them. Bailey failed on the field in a more spectacular fashion than Moore did and he failed as a team leader both by failing to live up to his boasts to the media about his ability to cover Smith and by not admitting that he failed once the game had started.

There are more expectations put on Bailey than Moore. Bailey is a pro-bowler, and a defensive leader.

It's cowardly and pathetic to not hold Champ Bailey to account for how poorly he played and to instead blame Moore.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #79
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Anyone that thinks gives Champ Bailey a pass and yet blames Moore is the one that knows nothing about football and is simply a hero worshipping loser.

Rahim Moore made a terrible and stupid mistake by letting the receiver get behind him and then made another by mis-timing his jump. On balance it was his inexperience that led to his mental skills not meeting the standard necessary to make the play. Moore was personally responsible for 7 Baltimore points.

Champ Bailey showed a complete inability to cover Torrey Smith for most of the football game. Champ's mistakes were caused in large part by his athletic skills not meeting the standard necessary to make the plays. Champ was personally responsible for 14 Baltimore points.

Of the two performances, Champ Bailey's is less excusable for a number of reasons.

Champ Bailey is leader on the team and should have been expected to recognize that he was unable to cover Torrey Smith before the game even started. Instead, Bailey wrote a check with his mouth to the press that his ability couldn't cash during the game and he was embarrassed repeatedly.

Furthermore, as a defensive captain and leader Bailey had the obligation to recognize when he was unable to do his job once the game had begun and ask for help. Instead he allowed Smith to continue to dominate him for the rest of the day.

Bailey had more responsibilities than Moore and he flat out failed in each and every one of them. Bailey failed on the field in a more spectacular fashion than Moore did and he failed as a team leader both by failing to live up to his boasts to the media about his ability to cover Smith and by not admitting that he failed once the game had started.

There are more expectations put on Bailey than Moore. Bailey is a pro-bowler, and a defensive leader.

It's cowardly and pathetic to not hold Champ Bailey to account for how poorly he played and to instead blame Moore.
Of course you can. Champ got beat physically, the other guys get paid too. Rahim was beat mentally and made the virtually impossible possible. The situation matters and he had ONE friggin job. Its not comparable if you ask me, sorry. This is not to say that Champ played well, he didnt, or that he shouldnt shoulder some blame for the loss. But quit comparing the two situations.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #80
ThirtyDegrees

The fact of the matter stands that the two positions that would have made the biggest difference in the outcome of the game by way of their upgrade would have been cornerback and quarterback.

If Jesus were to come down earth and say "You can go back in time and replace one player on the Broncos for the divisional game with a strictly better player" the two correct choices for replacement would have been Champ Bailey and Peyton Manning as their multiple mistakes cost the Broncos more than Moore's did.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #81
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Champ was at fault. Big timers don't get owned repeatedly like he did in big games.

Champ was playing so bad he was putting additional pressure on Moore.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #82
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

It's pretty sad

Von and Doom take the day off
Bailey gets flat out embarassed
Manning plays a well below average game
Fox makes every wrong decision

Moore is to blame cause he blew one play.

Orangemane Logic-- Take everything that is fact and throw it out the window.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #83
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Rahim the daydream failed in the most spectacular fashion anybody in football has failed in a long time. Perhaps ever. Champ has given us a HoF career and Moore has given us a Buckner. **** Rahim. He should be banned from football for life for ****ing up in such epic fashion.

Moore only had to perform on one play and when the time came he pissed down his leg and **** the bed.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #84
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Champ ****ed up his ONE JOB multiple times.

If Champ Bailey did his ONE JOB the Broncos wouldnt have lost.

But I forgot that this fanbase is full of cowards who won't go after its stars and only tears down people as scapegoats.
You're a ****ing retard, this post seals it.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #85
ThirtyDegrees

ITT: a bunch of losers that would forgive their wife if she cheated on them and would blame the guy.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #86
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I'm consistently amazed by this place. Every single time I think we've reached rock bottom, people just keep lowering the bar even further. I swear to god I'm stuck in some sort of message board reality show were the object is to be just as absolutely pathetically, and unapologetically stupid as humanly possible.

It was 38-35 in double freaking overtime. To a team that just won the freaking superbowl.

Lets just go down the list:

We need to replace..Peyton Manning? Are you ****ing serious? Have you watched the last decade of football? He threw three damn touchdown passes. He may not have had his best game, but he didn't have a bad one by any stretch. Jesus comes down and lets you replace Manning.. who do you replace him with exactly? Brady struggled even worse against the same defense. Rodgers maybe? There aren't many guys who throw three touchdown passes in a game and get called out as a problem.

Hell the pick-6 was clear pass interference. Blame the right people here.

Oh and Bailey is the real culprit. He had his worst game as a Denver Bronco. That's true. Although he bounced back and played extremely well in the second half and overtime. That gets overlooked around here.

The simple fact is this team had the god-damn superbowl champions beat. Rahim Moore pulls his head out of his ass and makes a high school play on the ball and the Ravens make an early exit.

So I guess that's the bar now. You have to absolutely beat the tar out of teams that win superbowls or else your team is full of bums.

We've also pulled the "real fans" know card AND the "if you know anything about football" card out nearly back to back. That's always a clear sign that something majestically obtuse is about to singe my corneas is on it's way.

Whatever. Team had a great season and a bad game that they should have won if one player doesn't make the most colossal mistake in franchise history.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #87
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Rahim Moore sucks, he **** the bed on a hail mary and we lost. The guy will never live it down, might as well trade him and get what you can.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #88
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
And one to Champ Bailey, and two to Peyton Manning, and three to John Fox.

Anyone that blames Moore is an idiot looking for a scapegoat to make themselves feel better.
Matt Prater...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #89
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Alright, let's just put this to bed now. YOUR ENTIRE PREMISE is that people here are rendering Champ blameless. It's simply not true. NOBODY here is doing that. We all blame him for his blown plays, so stop saying we're not.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #90
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

If Manning converts the 3rd and 7 in the fourth quarter we win the game... Moore wouldn't have been a factor.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #91
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
If Manning converts the 3rd and 7 in the fourth quarter we win the game... Moore wouldn't have been a factor.
Also, Hillman needs to learn how to run like a man when his number is called to close out games.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #92
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I'm consistently amazed by this place. Every single time I think we've reached rock bottom, people just keep lowering the bar even further. I swear to god I'm stuck in some sort of message board reality show were the object is to be just as absolutely pathetically, and unapologetically stupid as humanly possible.
QFT.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #93
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Odds of converting a 3rd and 7 when you're trying to bleed clock.....
Odds of preventing a 70 yd hail mary TD with 30 secs left in game when it's the opposition's only option.....

Let's compare, shall we?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #94
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennob2 View Post
From the title, I definitely thought this was a Ray Lewis thread.
61 posts later and I finally saw what I was thinking.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #95
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
blah blah blah, i am another clueless tebow lover.
One more thing.... **** this moron

This place is a joke. Need some mod control
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #96
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post

It was 38-35 in double freaking overtime. To a team that just won the freaking superbowl.

Lets just go down the list:

We need to replace..Peyton Manning? Are you ****ing serious? Have you watched the last decade of football? He threw three damn touchdown passes. He may not have had his best game, but he didn't have a bad one by any stretch. Jesus comes down and lets you replace Manning.. who do you replace him with exactly? Brady struggled even worse against the same defense. Rodgers maybe? There aren't many guys who throw three touchdown passes in a game and get called out as a problem.

Hell the pick-6 was clear pass interference. Blame the right people here.

Oh and Bailey is the real culprit. He had his worst game as a Denver Bronco. That's true. Although he bounced back and played extremely well in the second half and overtime. That gets overlooked around here.

The simple fact is this team had the god-damn superbowl champions beat. Rahim Moore pulls his head out of his ass and makes a high school play on the ball and the Ravens make an early exit.

So I guess that's the bar now. You have to absolutely beat the tar out of teams that win superbowls or else your team is full of bums.

We've also pulled the "real fans" know card AND the "if you know anything about football" card out nearly back to back. That's always a clear sign that something majestically obtuse is about to singe my corneas is on it's way.

Whatever. Team had a great season and a bad game that they should have won if one player doesn't make the most colossal mistake in franchise history.
Pretty much what I have said in multiple threads. 25 things went wrong from our mistakes to awful officiating that probably helped Baltimore somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 points and it still took a prayer and double OT to beat us. No need to blow anything up
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #97
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The fact of the matter stands that the two positions that would have made the biggest difference in the outcome of the game by way of their upgrade would have been cornerback and quarterback.

If Jesus were to come down earth and say "You can go back in time and replace one player on the Broncos for the divisional game with a strictly better player" the two correct choices for replacement would have been Champ Bailey and Peyton Manning as their multiple mistakes cost the Broncos more than Moore's did.
This is crazy **** here. You do realize locking down a top receiver one on one all over the field is a slightly bigger challenge than telling a safety to give 20 yards cushion, and for ****'s sake not let anyone behind you, oh and if you do, don't backpedal and dive for the ball, losing your feet and any ability to make a tackle. This ****up had an onion-like layer count. Not just bad awareness, but bad instincts.

There isn't a D1 college safety in the country that can't make that play. And I'm not trying to write The Daydream off or anything. I hope he moves on from it. But comparing that play to getting burned in man coverage by an elite wideout a few times? Come on man.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #98
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I'm ODing on your tears.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #99
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast