The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #151
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nćstved, DK
Posts: 11,086

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Kevin De Bruyne and Christian Eriksen are supposedly coming in as replacements though, they'll be alright if that's the case.
Eriksen should stay another 2 years in ajax, he is not ready for prime time in a top league yet. 2 more years, then he will be primed for taking over a top squad in Spain, England, Italy or Germany.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #152
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
What match was that? Hup Holland indeed, love Amsterdam!

Amsterdam arenA... sometime in September/Octoberish.... Netherlands vs. Holland in the 2012 EUEFA cup qualifier.

Holland 4, Sweden 1...
(Sorry the video is in Dutch)


I'm Swedish, so yeah I like Sweden too. But I've lived in the Netherlands.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #153
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm still sore over holland losing the World Cup, and with it, a lot of money for me. I wonder how often Robben replays that wide shot in his mind! But I do love Amsterdam...what an amazing city.
Beautiful, indeed... and the best place to study abroad.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #154
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Anyone watch Copa Del Rey this year? It seems like any time Real Madrid gets involved in a big match, it just becomes a real slugfest... the manager gets ejected, as well as Christiano Ronaldo for that kick to Gabi Fernandez's face.

I freaking hate Real Madrid.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #155
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm still sore over holland losing the World Cup, and with it, a lot of money for me. I wonder how often Robben replays that wide shot in his mind! But I do love Amsterdam...what an amazing city.
what's up with you? Why would you take the dutch over espana that game? Spaniards were rolling leading up to the WC, and it was their destiny to finally win one.

The dam? Young eastern euro hookers, excellent booze, and all the vices any man could want. Excellent city and very unique amongst the world.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #156
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Anyone watch Copa Del Rey this year? It seems like any time Real Madrid gets involved in a big match, it just becomes a real slugfest... the manager gets ejected, as well as Christiano Ronaldo for that kick to Gabi Fernandez's face.

I freaking hate Real Madrid.
No <3 for the Royals?

Atletico takes the Copa.

Ancelotti has asked to leave PSG to join Real Madrid.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #157
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Champions Cup just kicked off, if anyone is unaware. Tune into Fox if you want to see the two best club teams in the world go at it for the Champions Cup.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #158
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Robben gets some redemption after a string of brutal losses in the UEFA Final and World Cup. Easy guy to hate, but he finally got one on net when it counted. Really fun final.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #159
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,796
Default

Good game
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #160
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default



Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #161
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
what's up with you? Why would you take the dutch over espana that game? Spaniards were rolling leading up to the WC, and it was their destiny to finally win one.

The dam? Young eastern euro hookers, excellent booze, and all the vices any man could want. Excellent city and very unique amongst the world.
It was one of those pick your pony pools and I picked the Dutch before the tournament started
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #162
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

That was an amazing game. Very high level of play, a ton of chances and a ton of amazing saves.

Wish Dortmund could have pulled it off thought.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #163
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,685

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

USA! USA! USA!
McDman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #164
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
USA! USA! USA!
unfortunately they are getting whipped tonight.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #165
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Whipped again. Very difficult to comprehend why we're never a real good team. Been watching more than anyone I know since '86 and don't notice an overall shift in our performances.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #166
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nćstved, DK
Posts: 11,086

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Whipped again. Very difficult to comprehend why we're never a real good team. Been watching more than anyone I know since '86 and don't notice an overall shift in our performances.
USA is like Denmark, they will do well against the not so good teams and they will play the real top teams really tough and they will win some games against top teams. The depth and talent level just isn't quite there to be a consistent top team.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #167
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Whipped again. Very difficult to comprehend why we're never a real good team. Been watching more than anyone I know since '86 and don't notice an overall shift in our performances.
Ummm really? It's because the US has almost zero talent.

I'm sorry, but MLS is a joke and doesn't do well enough at all to foster and develop young talent. The college system is horrible at developing talent; that system just doesn't work for soccer like it does other sports in America.

I admire what Klinsmann is trying to do, he just doesn't have the players to do it with. When the biggest positive for your team is work ethic, it's another way of saying you don't have any real good players.

Also, Belgium is a pretty stacked team. Take a look at what league most of their players are playing in. They have big time players in big time leagues. The best the US can compare with is Dempsey at Spurs and Bradley at Roma, which are two teams that don't compete for their domestic league title and would absolutely estatic to win a champion's league berth.

Anyway, I'm really bashing on the US team, it's just soccer isn't a priority for America...I've said it before, it's at most, a 3rd tier sport and doesn't attract the best athletes and MLS doesn't do good enough at scouting, developing, and providing advantages (i.e., education) young kids that show talent.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #168
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Ummm really? It's because the US has almost zero talent.

I'm sorry, but MLS is a joke and doesn't do well enough at all to foster and develop young talent. The college system is horrible at developing talent; that system just doesn't work for soccer like it does other sports in America.

I admire what Klinsmann is trying to do, he just doesn't have the players to do it with. When the biggest positive for your team is work ethic, it's another way of saying you don't have any real good players.

Also, Belgium is a pretty stacked team. Take a look at what league most of their players are playing in. They have big time players in big time leagues. The best the US can compare with is Dempsey at Spurs and Bradley at Roma, which are two teams that don't compete for their domestic league title and would absolutely estatic to win a champion's league berth.

Anyway, I'm really bashing on the US team, it's just soccer isn't a priority for America...I've said it before, it's at most, a 3rd tier sport and doesn't attract the best athletes and MLS doesn't do good enough at scouting, developing, and providing advantages (i.e., education) young kids that show talent.

bolded for effect!

Belgium is a really good team.

The US was missing a few players and had a bunch of green players on the back end (notice the first 3 goals).

In the US, basketball, football, hockey, baseball, and lacrosse take a greater importance to the youths. Other countries, soccer is everything.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #169
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Not bad today!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #170
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

USAAAAA. Shorthanded German team or not, that's still a nice one on the resume.

Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #171
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Today was great!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #172
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone know where tonight's game against Jamaica is on tv?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #173
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Anyone know where tonight's game against Jamaica is on tv?
BeIn Sport. 620 on Directv
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #174
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
BeIn Sport. 620 on Directv
Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #175
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

No excuse to not get 7 points out of these next 3 games.

Granted, on the road at Jamaica followed by flying cross continent to Seattle for a game 4-days later is no picnic.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Denver Broncos