The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Patriot posts

The ObamaNation Plantation
Quote:
Calling Out Obama's Socialist Political Agenda

"Repeal that [welfare] law, and you will soon see a change in their manners. [I]ndustry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them." --Benjamin Franklin (1753)



Barack Hussein Obama's Leftmedia sycophants declared the Romney-Ryan presidential ticket DOA this week. The talking heads have convicted Mitt Romney for what they insist is a very offensive "political gaffe" uttered at a private campaign event back in May.

The colossal blunder in question? Romney identified the underbelly of Obama's socialist political agenda -- the fact that an ever-increasing number of "useful idiots" have been lured into subservience by generations of Socialist Democrat policies, are now dependent on a laundry list of government subsidies, and, consequently, they are very likely to vote for the candidate who will continue redistributing wealth to fund those subsidies.
read more at..

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/14816/

sounds like quite a few on here..

Last edited by lonestar; 09-21-2012 at 08:24 AM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Earth to wingnuts - the year is 2012. The red scare is over. Global free trade has won.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,913
Default

Lonestar seeing to it that the Klan is represented on the OM.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

well it took longer for the peanut gallery to show up than I thought is would.. I'm guessing more cartoons right? OR even wittier (so she thinks) comments about the far right..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,064
Default

Quote:
Part of the reason so many Americans don’t pay federal income taxes is that Republicans have passed a series of very large tax cuts that wiped out the income-tax liability for many Americans. That’s why, when you look at graphs of the percent of Americans who don’t pay income taxes, you see huge jumps after Ronald Reagan’s 1986 tax reform and George W. Bush’s 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. So whenever you hear that half of Americans don’t pay federal income taxes, remember: Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush helped build that.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rss_ezra-klein
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

lonestar, I'll critique this honestly. The reasoning may sound correct (people get free money and benefits, so they will vote to get more. Everyone loves free money!) but it's hard to say if something is true or not without evidence.

For example,

Quote:
the fact that an ever-increasing number of "useful idiots" have been lured into subservience by generations of Socialist Democrat policies, are now dependent on a laundry list of government subsidies, and, consequently, they are very likely to vote for the candidate who will continue redistributing wealth to fund those subsidies.
It says it's a "fact" that an ever-increasing amount of people (or idiots, as he calls them) are lured into Socialist Democrat subsidies, and also vote for them.

For this to be a "fact", he needs to establish a few things:

A) That more people are going on welfare every year.
B) Those people are voting for Obama because of those specific policies (not some other reason, such as his killing of Bin Laden or his record amount of deportations)
C) Proof that A is causing B.

Since he's the one making the claim, it's his job to provide the evidence.

However - I'm feeling generous.


A) Average Monthly AFDC/TANF Benefit per Recipient in Constant 2006 Dollars




Figure TANF 1.
AFDC/TANF Families Receiving Income Assistance


http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/indicators08/apa.shtml#ftanf2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_programs_in_the_United_States

B) Romney Has Support Among Lowest Income Voters

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157508/ro...me-voters.aspx

Last edited by Blart; 09-20-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,064
Default

Quote:
Obama’s gaffe was a minor tributary off the main story of the 2008 presidential campaign, which was the economic collapse. Romney’s adoption of the Fox-Rush neo-libertarian sensibility, and the remedies that it assumes, is the main story of the 2012 campaign.

He will have to defend his fantasy in the debates. He will have to say why he believes that 47% of the American public doesn’t want to “take responsibility” for their lives. He will have to say why the Republican policies at the heart of this problem–eliminating income taxes for the working class, expanding food stamps (a George W. Bush initiative), expanding Medicare to cover prescription drugs (Bush again)–are bad for the country.
http://swampland.time.com/2012/09/18...A+Swampland%29
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
well it took longer for the peanut gallery to show up than I thought is would.. I'm guessing more cartoons right? OR even wittier (so she thinks) comments about the far right..
You lost all respect from the non-racist redneck population with the "plantation" bit.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #9
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
You lost all respect from the non-racist redneck population with the "plantation" bit.
Yeah that too.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Fast and Furious Report Card

Quote:
Fast and Furious Report Card

"Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people." --John Adams

Ignorance is Holder's only defense

The report card is in for the Obama Justice Department and its "Fast and Furious" gunrunning operation, and the grade is an "F." Inspector General Michael Horowitz released his 500-page report this week, and, citing a "pattern of serious failures," it calls for 14 officials at the Justice Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to be reviewed for possible disciplinary action. Will we finally see the accountability we've been waiting for?

As our readers well know, Operation Fast and Furious resulted in thousands of American guns "walking" across the border to Mexican drug cartels under the not-so-watchful eyes of the ATF. Those guns were used to murder hundreds of Mexican citizens, as well as U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata. The report is no less harsh on Operation Wide Receiver, a similar program begun under the Bush administration, though we're not aware of a body count for Wide Receiver, which unlike Fast and Furious was run with the close cooperation of Mexican authorities.
read more at.. plus a link to a PDF file of the report..

http://patriotpost.us/editions/14835/
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default Don't Worry About That Silly Debt

Quote:
Government and Politics
Don't Worry About That Silly Debt

"[W]e don't have to worry about [the debt] short term." That's what Barack Obama told David Letterman this week. The late-night comedian had asked the president about the debt, even wondering what the total dollar figure was when Obama took office. It was rather odd for an Obamaphile like Letterman to ask such an inconvenient question, but Obama deceptively deflected, "Uh, I don't remember what that number was precisely, but..." Of course he remembers that the debt was $10.6 trillion on Jan. 20, 2009, and that he and his Democrat buddies in Congress increased it to more than $16 trillion -- more than 50 percent -- in less than four years.

It's nice to know that the president isn't stressing himself out about the national fiscal disaster that he and his party largely created.


read more at
http://patriotpost.us/editions/14835/
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,913
Default

^

L0L @ you thinking there's anything patriotic about the plutocracy you cheer lead.

You've been kneeling and bobbing for your globalist puppet masters so long you don't know which way is up.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,913
Default

MSNBC beats FOX in Ratings
Nobody's watching Thurston's ship sink

Link

MSNBC kicked FOX's ass in the prime time ratings twice this week...

The Willard Romney "47%" debacle could be the beginning of the end of right wing domination of the debate in this country. The reason is obvious; what people are finding out is, what Romney said isn't exactly a new idea for the GOP; in fact, it's been the Republican meme for more than 30 years.

One sign of a crack in the right wing armor is the ratings since this story broke is in the cable news ratings.

It seems that MSNBC has beaten Fox News (adults 25-54) in prime time twice this week.


L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #14
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Earth to wingnuts - the year is 2012. The red scare is over. Global free trade has won.
Earth to the undereducated. Marxism applied to culture and race relations are also at issue. Marxism seeks the destruction of nations, cultures, religions, and yes, the family. Anything in the way of "Socialist progress" is an enemy. Unfortunately even with the general demise of Marxism (excluding China, etc), it's social offspring live on and continue the fight, even if the offspring aren't economic Marxists. Its fingerprints are all over left social movements.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,203

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Earth to the undereducated. Marxism applied to culture and race relations are also at issue. Marxism seeks the destruction of nations, cultures, religions, and yes, the family. Anything in the way of "Socialist progress" is an enemy. Unfortunately even with the general demise of Marxism (excluding China, etc), it's social offspring live on and continue the fight, even if the offspring aren't economic Marxists. Its fingerprints are all over left social movements.
WAY OVER THEIR HEADS..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Earth to the undereducated. Marxism applied to culture and race relations are also at issue. Marxism seeks the destruction of nations, cultures, religions, and yes, the family. Anything in the way of "Socialist progress" is an enemy. Unfortunately even with the general demise of Marxism (excluding China, etc), it's social offspring live on and continue the fight, even if the offspring aren't economic Marxists. Its fingerprints are all over left social movements.
Just because you were a big enough boob to fall for the romance of Marxism, doesn't mean everybody else does as well. The average person studies Marxism in college and comes away with the logical conclusion, "Well, that would never work." And yet you come in here not only spluttering with fear that this failed religion is taking over the world, but wearing the robes of the Marxist apostate as if it were a badge of honor. It's not. I'm sure you did great with poli sci 101. Now I suggest you move on to 102.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #17
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Just because you were a big enough boob to fall for the romance of Marxism, doesn't mean everybody else does as well. The average person studies Marxism in college and comes away with the logical conclusion, "Well, that would never work." And yet you come in here not only spluttering with fear that this failed religion is taking over the world, but wearing the robes of the Marxist apostate as if it were a badge of honor. It's not. I'm sure you did great with poli sci 101. Now I suggest you move on to 102.
Yeah, nyuk nyuk must be 70 years old. There haven't been any self-professed "Marxists" around since the 60s.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Yeah, nyuk nyuk must be 70 years old. There haven't been any self-professed "Marxists" around since the 60s.
I'm sure there are a couple still hiding out at a university or two with their grey ponytails and Trotskyite glasses perched on the ends of their noses. I know I ran into a few of them.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Yeah, nyuk nyuk must be 70 years old. There haven't been any self-professed "Marxists" around since the 60s.
No, they'd rather hide behind the "progressive" label is why.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #20
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
No, they'd rather hide behind the "progressive" label is why.
You mean similar to how fascists such as yourself hide behind the "conservative" label?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
No, they'd rather hide behind the "progressive" label is why.
What a dolt. You don't even know where "progressive" comes from. Well, it doesn't come from Marx. It comes from Teddy Roosevelt. And FDR. And JFK.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #22
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You mean similar to how fascists such as yourself hide behind the "conservative" label?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,913
Default

Nothing "patriotic" about the party lonestar and epicdramanyuk support...



L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You mean similar to how fascists such as yourself hide behind the "conservative" label?
, with what you believe, you are more in line with fascism. All liberals are. It wasn't long ago you liberals were telling us all how important and being an "American" it was to dissent, but as soon as a demo gets in the WH, how that changed. You bozos are a joke and the reason I don't bother reading most of your silly rants, much less waste time responding to most of them. You liberals really think you are changing anyone's mind around here. All you are doing is preaching to your choir and back slapping each other since you seem to need constant reassurance and constant last words, such as "I won" or "I'm right" settling disputes.

Unlike you bozos, I don't feel the need to have to spend so much time here reading each and every moronic post you guys make, nor responding to each insult. But just so you know, I do find it funny you idiots kep proving me right what IK say about liberals. "Oh, you're wrong" then you go on to do exactly what I have stated many times you guys do every day, all day. Oh, but you are sure showing me alright Thanks
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #25
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What a dolt. You don't even know where "progressive" comes from. Well, it doesn't come from Marx. It comes from Teddy Roosevelt. And FDR. And JFK.
L0L!

Add this to the long list of reasons why no one should ever take Dinglebarry seriously.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Denver Broncos