The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #176
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
But they wanted to...
Yep peace doesn't understand that we are fighting not only what they are trying to do now, but they really want to do in the future. A line in the sand seems outrageous but the liberal agenda must be stopped now. if you give them what they want now someday the liberals will come for more, then more then guns will be illegal and taxes will be 50% of everyones income.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #177
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You seem to be under the impression that they will keep going until all guns are gone. We have the death penalty,does that stop all murders? No. But it decreases the amt of murders that happen. Do we stop using the death penalty since people still get killed.
In order for the gov to ever come after your guns they will first have to remove the 2nd amendment which will never happen.
Actually I think studies have shown the death penalty does not change murder rates.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #178
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yep peace doesn't understand that we are fighting not only what they are trying to do now, but they really want to do in the future. A line in the sand seems outrageous but the liberal agenda must be stopped now. if you give them what they want now someday the liberals will come for more, then more then guns will be illegal and taxes will be 50% of everyones income.
You're forgetting that even conservatives,specifically scalia of SCOTUS,disagrees with you on your paranoid assumptions.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #179
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Actually I think studies have shown the death penalty does not change murder rates.
Yes,but murder rates would be much higher without said punishment,not to exclude life sentences.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #180
Bacchus

Quote:
Yes,but murder rates would be much higher without said punishment,not to exclude life sentences.
That is why the penalty would be life w/o parole
Old 01-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #181
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You're forgetting that even conservatives,specifically scalia of SCOTUS,disagrees with you on your paranoid assumptions.
Stop misquoting Scalia, plz.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #182
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I think we misapply it and clearly don't use it often enough. My specific suggestion here is to execute prisoners in the middle of the prison cafeteria during lunch hour. I think that would be a lovely deterrent. Unfortunately, of course, we have to be liberalized pussies about it and water down the entire process while tiptoeing around liberal sensibilities.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #183
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I think we misapply it and clearly don't use it often enough. My specific suggestion here is to execute prisoners in the middle of the prison cafeteria during lunch hour. I think that would be a lovely deterrent. Unfortunately, of course, we have to be liberalized pussies about it and water down the entire process while tiptoeing around liberal sensibilities.
Actually, wouldn't doing this be against both Christian and conservative sensibilities? And shouldn't someone who masquerades as being both of these things know this?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #184
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Actually, wouldn't doing this be against both Christian and conservative sensibilities? And shouldn't someone who masquerades as being both of these things know this?
Not in my view. The Bible is actually full of such things.

As I said, I think it would be a great deterrent. Liberals, more than anyone, however, would rush forward to shriek bloody murder about it.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #185
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Stop misquoting Scalia, plz.
Quote:
3. The Second Amendment right is not unlimited. We do not cast doubt on concealed-weapons prohibitions, laws barring possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, laws barring firearms in sensitive places like schools and government buildings, and laws imposing conditions on commercial sale of arms. (54-55) also, the sorts of weapons protected are the sorts of small arms that were lawfully possessed at home at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification, not those most useful in military service today, so “M-16 rifles and the like” may be banned. (55)
Nothing misquoted this part of the ruling in DC vs Heller
Old 01-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #186
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The death penalty isn't a deterrent on crime. Never has been, never will be.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #187
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Move to one of the less liberal countries that use the death penalty, please.

You can choose from China, North Korea, Cuba, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and few other enlightened places.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #188
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Not in my view. The Bible is actually full of such things.
The bible being "full of such things" does not make them Christian or conservative. In fact, quite the contrary. Show me where Christ's teachings would support such things. Below is some support for the fact that he wouldn't.

Quote:
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.

You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.
Quote:
While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people... Jesus said [to Judas], “Do what you came for, friend.” Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #189
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Nothing misquoted this part of the ruling in DC vs Heller
1) M16s are military rifles with fully-automatic capability. We aren't talking about machine guns.

2) Scalia also ruled trigger locks were unconstitutional.

3) He should have checked medial confidentiality laws before saying it's ok to ban the mentally ill from gun ownership. It is illegal to rifle through anyone's medical file and it's also a breach of doctor/patient confidentiality.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #190
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Move to one of the less liberal countries that use the death penalty, please.

You can choose from China, North Korea, Cuba, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and few other enlightened places.
My family has been here since at least 1650 and fought in the Revolutionary War. You can kiss my ass.

Funny the first 3 countries you name are leftist strongholds, the same ones you have continually trashed the US for trying to undermine.

Derp derp.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #191
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The bible being "full of such things" does not make them Christian or conservative. In fact, quite the contrary. Show me where Christ's teachings would support such things. Below is some support for the fact that he wouldn't.
The last time I pondered how liberals selectively quote the Bible, this basic observation occurred to me: They always cull out the entire Bible except what Jesus said, as if somehow the rest of the Bible isn't valid.

It's called "cherry picking" in the adult world. Why are you doing it?

Btw, Jesus said he didn't come to bring peace, but a sword.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #192
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The last time I pondered how liberals selectively quote the Bible, this basic observation occurred to me: They always cull out the entire Bible except what Jesus said, as if somehow the rest of the Bible isn't valid.

It's called "cherry picking" in the adult world. Why are you doing it?

What did Jesus say about homosexuality?

Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #193
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The last time I pondered...
I'm not sure you "ponder" many things. It usually appears as if your mind is pretty much made up.

But again, show me where Christ's teachings would support public executions.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #194
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
My family has been here since at least 1650 and fought in the Revolutionary War. You can kiss my ass.
My family has been here since at least 1630 and fought in the War for Independence (we didn't overthrow the British government, you know), so you can kiss *my* ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Funny the first 3 countries you name are leftist strongholds
So, you're a leftist.

Quote:
the same ones you have continually trashed the US for trying to undermine.
Well, no. But right-wing mouth breathers such as yourself aren't know for their intellectual acumen, so you're forgiven.

Quote:
Derp derp.
On your part, indeed.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #195
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
1) M16s are military rifles with fully-automatic capability. We aren't talking about machine guns.
The original M16 and the M16A3, I believe, were both capable of automatic fire but the A2 and the A4 are both burst only. I guess you could call burst automatic but you probably couldn't get away with fully-automatic or machine gun, necessarily.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #196
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
I have to disagree. The govt sometimes gets its wrong which is why i dont support it. Cops lie, DAs get it wrong, you cant reverse that ****.

Too many documented cases of injustice. At least life in prison can be reversed to man he did 20 yrs for something he didnt do.

Besides death penalty cases cost too much money. Better to reform prisons into labor prisons that can fill in for all the govt services we are going to have to cut. I know the side of my freeway needs the trash picked up every week. The bring prisoners out every month or so, ones doing community service prob, but we have plenty more where they come from.

There has got to be some military products not to expensive or high tech we could have prison labor make right? Boots? something. Give a prison a factory and have at it.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #197
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep, he's takin' names and kicking ass...

Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #198
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

You guys actually have documentation that dates back to the 1600s on your ancestor arrival in the America's? Pretty impressive.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #199
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You guys actually have documentation that dates back to the 1600s on your ancestor arrival in the America's? Pretty impressive.
I don't. My mom does. She's a geneaology nut.

The oldest person I see is this fellow:

Henry BURT, born 1595, Harberton, Devonshire, England; died 30 Apr 1662, Springfield, Ma.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #200
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Little-known photo of nyuk nyuk's tat: