The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #201
MacGruder

Is Kaep or Flacco better than Peyton now?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #202
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Oh God, now you too?

So Tim Tebow is better than Peyton Manning...did i get that straight?
I'm sure if you projected LT's passing stats over the 16 games he would be the best QB of all time. But in the real world LT is a RB just like Tebow.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #203
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm sure if you projected LT's passing stats over the 16 games he would be the best QB of all time. But in the real world LT is a RB just like Tebow.
Yeah. Let's extrapolate one throw per year. Might as well call Elway out as a ****ty punter.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #204
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He called it an "inverted zone". Said they do it often against that style of offense. But who the Eff is Mike Tomlin? SonofLelo sez it was Cover 0 .
I don't know what else you would call a play with no safety help

Call it what you want, but it was stupid and had nothing to do with "tebows athleticism" and everything to do with their assumption that he couldn't throw a pass or they wouldn't call a pass play. It was a dumbass defense to play. And if he tells you they would do the same thing again, he's lying
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #205
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
And yet still Elway is employed...

Life has its little bonuses.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #206
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Call it what you want, but it was stupid and had nothing to do with "tebows athleticism" and everything to do with their assumption that he couldn't throw a pass or they wouldn't call a pass play. It was a dumbass defense to play. And if he tells you they would do the same thing again, he's lying
Yeah totally.

Quote:
"The responsibilities associated with defending their run gaps kind of dictate at times how you attack them," Tomlin said Monday at his news conference Monday at the Steelers training facility on the South Side. "Obviously, they made some plays on us. In hindsight, you analyze with a fine-tooth comb some of the things you did. But I think really your options are limited in terms of how you attack them because of the run gap responsibilities."

Tomlin said it was not a foreign concept for the Steelers to place man-to-man responsibilities on their corners in late-game situations without help from safeties.

"We had done it in several instances leading up to that point," Tomlin said. "It wasn't zero [coverage]. It was a zone coverage that was inverted so the safeties could fit in the run box. So it was an inverted zone coverage where the safeties were close to the line of scrimmage so they could play alley responsibilities in terms of the run game, and they hit a nice play-action on us."

Was that too high risk?

"Not really," he said. "We've done that and done it quite a bit, particularly against wildcat and wildcat type of attacks and plays."
Who does this Tomlin guy think he is with his wins and his rings. Didn't he hear Lelo say that Tebow's athleticism wasn't a factor?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #207
MacGruder

Quote:

So NFL people are stupid when Tebow does well but it's not their fault when Tebow fails?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #208
MacGruder

Quote:

How do you think Tebow dominated SEC defenses like no one in history... they were in the same kind of defensive dilemma...

Tebow has freakish abilities no one else in football has... not even Cam... The Pats overcame it because they happened to have the personnel and Fox played right into their hands.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #209
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah totally.

Who does this Tomlin guy think he is with his wins and his rings. Didn't he hear Lelo say that Tebow's athleticism wasn't a factor?
Not really? Well when you give up an 80 yard touchdown on a simple post route because you had no help over the top, AND SHOWED THIS AT THE LOS...IN OVERTIME...IN THE PLAYOFFS, YOU ****ED UP.

I don't care how much more qualified he is than me, that was a DUMB decision and has EVERYTHING TO DO with the fact that they didnt think he could complete a pass. RG3, Cam, Kaep, all have Tebow's athleticism, and then some, always have the read option at their disposal and I guarantee you they never face defenses like that all game long.

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 01-23-2013 at 10:19 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #210
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah totally.

And yes, that Tomlin guy with his rings and wins let a lefty quarterback who can't throw for **** put up 300 yards against him.

Next year, said lefty is probably out of the NFL.

GREAT GAME PLAN MIKE!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #211
MacGruder

Quote:
And yes, that Tomlin guy with his rings and wins let a lefty quarterback who can't throw for **** put up 300 yards against him.

GREAT GAME PLAN MIKE!
It was either that or let Tebow and McGahee run for 300 yards.. The only way to match the threat is to get your own running QB... why do you think so many are doing just that?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #212
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
It was either that or let Tebow and McGahee run for 300 yards.. The only way to match the threat is to get your own running QB... why do you think so many are doing just that?
yeah, because the broncos offense was such a powerhouse last season.

You're exhausting, and a ****ing fool if you believe any of the bull**** you spew.

But i assume you actually don't and are just a troll with nothing better to do and you get off on people arguing with you because you are a sad, sad, sad man

www.eharmony.com Go find a girl.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #213
MacGruder

Quote:
Not really? Well when you give up an 80 yard touchdown on a simple post route because you had no help over the top, AND SHOWED THIS AT THE LOS...IN OVERTIME...IN THE PLAYOFFS, YOU ****ED UP.

I don't care how much more qualified he is than me, that was a DUMB decision and has EVERYTHING TO DO with the fact that they didnt think he could complete a pass. RG3, Cam, Kaep, all have Tebow's athleticism, and then some, always have the read option at their disposal and I guarantee you they never face defenses like that all game long.
None of those guys can run between the tackles like Tebow.. totally different threat... deadlier threat. Tebow can get 1st downs at will. That is dominance.. the issue is that offensive coaches don't know how to build around it either it's totally different... and this is why defenses struggle so much too. Tebow is also an incredibly underrated deep passer.. watch his college highlights. If you can protect him there is no reason he can't keep doing that...

One pass Rex let Tebow throw was a deep ball and he nailed it.. hit the receiver right in the face mask and he dropped it...

Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #214
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

GREAT GAME PLAN MIKE!
Awesome. Right back to Teebsuxfrospyros. Its circular as all get out but there's no arguing with it.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #215
MacGruder

Quote:
yeah, because the broncos offense was such a powerhouse last season.

You're exhausting, and a ****ing fool if you believe any of the bull**** you spew.

But i assume you actually don't and are just a troll with nothing better to do and you get off on people arguing with you because you are a sad, sad, sad man

www.eharmony.com Go find a girl.
Do you know that Tebow put up the exact same numbers Del Homme did to the superbowl all season? It's Fox's style... he sacrifices offense to protect and help his D. I think it is much harder to do what Tebow did in Fox's offense than it is to play in a conventional offense.. I think Cam would be dead meat in Fox's O.. but it is why Tebow is so underrated now.. Peyton looked terrible in it too.. but Fox had a better D with Del Rio which allowed them to open the offense.. more experienced receivers too.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #216
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You're projecting
Scarlet Letter
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #217
MacGruder

You guys want to see the Tim Tebow story? Watch this - Tebow = Yeager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsvouGfVTzM

Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #218
MacGruder

You guys want to see the Tim Tebow story? Watch this - Tebow = Yeager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsvouGfVTzM

Old 01-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #219
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #220
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
That is pure BS.. how do you know he can't read defenses? That is pure speculation. To suggest that the Steelers don't know how to defend Tebow is just complete stupidity. If your argument hinges on that YOU are crazy not I... once again you follow the mindless media who have been shown to be full of BS.

If Tebow couldn't read D then how did he make the playoffs in the first place.. what you are saying makes ZERO sense..

Yes... judge him on meaningless passer rating.. You also forget the Broncos had Del Rio... Tebow did not.. Tebow couldn't even play aggressively on offense for this reason because whenever they did the D collapsed.

You mean like McGahee fumbling the ball on a drive that could have ended the game..

Tebow didn't improve or Fox didn't improve? Fox almost ruined Peyton before Peyton started running his own offense.. the success Tebow had last season was when he called his own plays too.. but they wouldn't let him do it because the D stunk and the more they scored the more the D collapsed.

If you want to see Tebow improve you need to let him play.. just like Carolina let Cam play... they let him flush 2 seasons... Tebow has already shown more of an upside than Cam.
As a missionary??
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #221
MacGruder

As a QB who will win games... Cam's team fell into the Elway trap too... they thought "if that scrub Tebow could get that far with the crappy Broncos team we are definitely going to win the Superbowl"

Then it turned out everyone was wrong and Tebow was carrying them more than Cam ever could. Cam wouldn't last one game under Fox... He'd be an instant basket case. Even Peyton almost didn't make it through. After that playoff game Peyton might be ready to hang em up.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #222
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rev = Mac. Got it.

But which identity is Moridin?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #223
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Did you guys know? If you rinse your razor in cold water, you get a closer shave!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:49 AM   #224
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Doesn't work as well on your scrotum, though!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 AM   #225
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
But which identity is Moridin?
Halfway through Memory of Light right now.
Closed Thread