The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Everyone knows that rookies can be drafted and step in and play at Pro Bowl levels right away, just look at how it has worked out for duh bears.

Football players are all interchangeable parts. Anyone coming out of college is equal or better to proven vets who have made pro bowls and stuff.

DUH....
Get a clue. No one has said they would play at pro bowl levels.

If anything I have said that having an elite OLT is not as necessary as before.

We do not have a QB that hangs on t the ball like some other teams.

We have a guy that throws more from the shot gun and rarely takes long drops when he plays under center.

He gets rid of the ball fast.

And even your God Clady has been beat by speed rushers. He is not great at run blocking and his performance since his knee operation leaves a lot to be desired.

Last year he led the league in holding calls. Sure it was a different QB which in itself shows that Manning has risen all boats. We flat do not need to have 5 all pros in front of him like you seem to be implying.

Now I would love to have tha many as I'm very firm in my belief that you win or lose on the LOS. But we will not be able to outbid bottom dwellers for his contract we flat do not have the money to do so.

If we did then I'm all for giving him a decent new contact. But he will eat more than half of our cap space this year and leave the other 8-9 million to sign some 25 other player to fill out the roster.

Do you see that happening. Or just want to be a wisea SS some more.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #27
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
yeah! let clady walk! Draft our next great rookie OT! We could always luck out and have a George Foster type player fall right on our lap!!
Mikey is in WAS not making choices here.

So far how many duds has John picked. Until he does worry then.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #28
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Funny man would think you might learn so,etching.

Your loss. Not mine.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #29
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I'm not big college fan so have to wait for the north south game to play out as well as the combine..

I have heard there are loads of great OT in this draft.. I suspect that John and John are watching these kids with a very keen eye.. no sense in spending about 12 mil each year of cladys new contract (10 per year in salary and 2 for the prorated bonus money) if you can get one for 25% of that..

since the myth of having to have an elite OLT went away with the advent of the quick passing game, that we have went to and I suspect will stay with even after Manning retires..

that means fewer IF ANY 5-7 step drop back passing plays, the thing that meant having to have a GREAT OLT..

I'd guess since we can't afford Clady after this past year, I see no way of out bidding lots of the bottom feeding team for him.. John made a play last year to get him cheaper but he wanted to go for the gusto..
That's not a myth. And Denver can afford Clady. They offered him a deal on the low end after a sub par year. He took a gamble and said no, and then played his ass off and is now recognized as one of the best in the game.

What a stupid thread.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Yes ther is a reason we do not have the money. He will cost cap wise between 9 and 12 million a year. Since we have less than 19 million to sign as many as 25 more players to fill out the roster. Your going to spend over half of it for one spot?

Not likely. Show me the money your going to pay him with.
Dummerville should restructure or extend, he is costing us 16 mill against the cap next year if I got the right info from Spotrac. If they can get him to extend out another 3-4 years they should be able to trim his cap hit down at least 6mill or more but Eddie Mac would know better than me. Plus this would be a good year to hit up Elvis, he had a good year but no where near what he had when he signed his last deal, throw in the 2 sub par years after getting paid and he should be cool if he wants to win.

They need to resign Clady, we are in an all or nothing position once we signed Manning, to let Clady walk and develop his replacement over the next couple years would be insanity.

Only other real option would be if they were real high on Franklin, move him to LT, shifted Beadles to RT (or draft a new RT) then draft a G. They still need to figure what to do at C so we could have a totally different OL where consistency is prized.

There is money to be moved around, I trust the FO to squeeze it out.

I am not expecting a big money FA Henry Melton type signing this year though. I bet we keep what we have and hope to draft well or maybe make a trade or 2. We do have a very good young core everywhere except for PM.

If you wanted to cut someone to save money cut Doom Not Clady.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #31
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Mikey is in WAS not making choices here.

So far how many duds has John picked. Until he does worry then.
Too early to tell, but, Nate Irving hasn't panned out the way expected. Julius Thomas has been a huge disappointment. That there is a 3rd and 4th round pick. Pretty good rounds too pick up talent if you ask me. This past class was pure gold, even though I still don't agree with the Brock pick being in a win now situation. Too small of a sample. Mike had great drafts too! But sucked big time for half of it. I really think John got lucky with getting a top 2 pick last year. But you have to give credit for pulling the trigger on Von. The rest of the draft was... ok.

Anyway, this ain't about the FO capabilities of drafting talent. This is about letting an All-Pro sure thing talent at LT go. You get a QB, then a LT, followed by the QB headhunter and then the CB. Plus we have a QB with a head duct taped to his neck. You think Manning is going to be ok with the FO getting rid of his blindside protector that allowed only 1 sack? Sure... lets give that job to a rookie! You are delusional to think the FO wont retain Clady one way or the other.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #32
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
When the window to a championship is closing, I hate letting talent go just to replace it with a possible similar talent (especially when its just a money saving manuever.) If you think you can live without Ryan Clady because LT isn't important, and spend your resources elsewhere, then fine. But letting someone go just to make a lateral move (spending a 1st rounder in this case) when finances are the only reason, seems like a **** idea.
This is a good point. Any high draft lick spent to replace Clady is a high draft pick not spent on MLB or DT.

The incremental cost of Clady vs a FA tackle...not really interested. I'd rather pay Clady $12m vs some scrub $8m, especially in a time when we are gearing up for a championship run with a 37 yr old HoF QB.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #33
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Dummerville should restructure or extend, he is costing us 16 mill against the cap next year if I got the right info from Spotrac. If they can get him to extend out another 3-4 years they should be able to trim his cap hit down at least 6mill or more but Eddie Mac would know better than me. Plus this would be a good year to hit up Elvis, he had a good year but no where near what he had when he signed his last deal, throw in the 2 sub par years after getting paid and he should be cool if he wants to win.

They need to resign Clady, we are in an all or nothing position once we signed Manning, to let Clady walk and develop his replacement over the next couple years would be insanity.

Only other real option would be if they were real high on Franklin, move him to LT, shifted Beadles to RT (or draft a new RT) then draft a G. They still need to figure what to do at C so we could have a totally different OL where consistency is prized.

I am not expecting a big money FA Henry Melton type signing this year though. I bet we keep what we have and hope to draft well or maybe make a trade or 2. We do have a very good young core everywhere except for PM.

Don't got how doom gets so much unappreciated by some around here. Look his stats. His career up to this point is at the pace of a top 10, or even more all time rusher if he keeps it up late into his career. We struggled for years to get a pass rush from the edge. Now we have 2. If we get someone that can put constant heat up the middle... fireworks!!! Do agree that he has to get that figure down from 16mil though.

Last edited by Heyneck; 01-23-2013 at 09:09 PM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #34
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
That's not a myth. And Denver can afford Clady. They offered him a deal on the low end after a sub par year. He took a gamble and said no, and then played his ass off and is now recognized as one of the best in the game.

What a stupid thread.
^ +1
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #35
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post

What a stupid thread.
Here are the facts.

We had as a month ago 35 players under contract for 2013.
At that time we had 18.5 million under the cap.

We have since signed ten players to future contracts money unknown to me.

Since the roster is 53 and we had 18.5 to spend if Pat allows them to spend every dime, and since he has not the past four years there is little to elite he will this year .

We need 53 to fill out the roster. Means that 18 players have to fit under the cap numbers plus anther 7-10 that will hit IR before the end of the season.. All of which are going to have to be paid and still stay under the cap.

If you spend 12 million n Clady. 10 in salary and 2 in prorated bonus money. How are you going to to be able to afford to fill it the roster.

MO your smart where is the money going to come from.

Or do yu think all of those almost 30 players are going to fit into 6 million dollar..

Again IF Pat allows them to max there salary cap. Which he has not in at least 4 years.

Show me the mney MO.

I know they tried to sign him cheap last year. It back fired and now some other team will out bid them plain and simple

Unless he takes the same contract they offered him last year or less.

What are those odds?

Show me the money MO.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #36
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

Pretty sane post unlike most in this thread BUT. If you cut Doom he had about 5 mil each year in prorated bonus money that would come due. So that really is not an option.
Code:
2013	 12,000,000	 423,000	 4,525,000	   16,948,000
. Looks the same way each year. Close enough to 5 mil per year to kill any savings.

Perhaps they can talk him into redoing the contract but what incentive does he have. The only me would to be get more money up front and then THaT proration counts agains the cap also.

Good try though most folks just like to call names. Yet have no ideas other than hysterical rants about how we must have him.

Last edited by lonestar; 01-23-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #37
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

lone "good post. i don't watch games not broadcast in texas" star.
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #38
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7730 View Post
^ +1
Really a great post why not try to refute me instead.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #39
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
lone "good post. i don't watch games not broadcast in texas" star.
Actually saw them all this year, most were on either local TV or on CBS east or west coast feeds. I only had to watch one on direct ticket.

Kind of a waste my money on direct ticket this year.

So what was your point?

Why not add something worth reading instead of being.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #40
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

1. Justin Boren
2. Paul Cornick
3. Ben Garland
4. Gerell Robinson
5. Quentin Saulsberry
6. Aaron Brewer
7. Omar Bolden
8. Brock Osweiler
9. Ronnie Hillman
10. Trindon Holliday
11. Philip Blake
12. Sealver Siliga
13. Duke Ihenacho
14. Danny Trevathan
15. Malik Jackson
16. Steven Johnson
17. Jeremiah Johnson
18. Mario Fannin
19. Derek Wolfe
20. Julius Thomas
21. Virgil Green
22. Quinton Carter
23. Chris Harris
24. Nate Irving
25. Rahim Moore
26. C.J Davis
27. Eric Davis
28. Zane Beadles
29. JD Walton
30. Jacob Hester
31. Manuel Ramirez
32. Orlando Franklin
33. Demaryius Thomas
34. Andre Caldwell
35. Robert Ayers
36. Caleb Hanie
37. Knowshon Moreno
38. Wesley Woodyard
39. Mike Adams
40 Von Miller
41. Willis McGahee
42. Jacob Tamme
43. Matt Prater
44. Joel Dreessen
45. Joe Mays
46. Chris Kuper
47. DJ Williams
48. Champ Bailey
49 Elvis Dumervil
50. Peyton Manning

If I read one more quote with Lonestar saying we only have 35 or 37 players under contract I'm going to flip out. All those players have a contract for NEXT SEASON
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #41
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Personally I'd never pay him long term..

if any thing tag him while we train a newbie to learn the position..

while he is "voted" in tot eh pro-bowl we all know it is a popularity contest..

I'm happy for him, but he has not been that "great" OT since his knee issue a few years ago..

his run blocking is not elite and he gets beat by speed rushers something he did not do in his first years.. now does that mean he gave up sacks, no but Manning has "risen all boats" a phrase most have used on this site since he got here..

IMO he can be replaced with a rookie ]and TAG him if you have to.. he simply is not worth 12 million a year long term..

Mhmmm. Which brings me to my next point. Don't smoke crack.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #42
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
1. Justin Boren
2. Paul Cornick
3. Ben Garland
4. Gerell Robinson
5. Quentin Saulsberry
6. Aaron Brewer
7. Omar Bolden
8. Brock Osweiler
9. Ronnie Hillman
10. Trindon Holliday
11. Philip Blake
12. Sealver Siliga
13. Duke Ihenacho
14. Danny Trevathan
15. Malik Jackson
16. Steven Johnson
17. Jeremiah Johnson
18. Mario Fannin
19. Derek Wolfe
20. Julius Thomas
21. Virgil Green
22. Quinton Carter
23. Chris Harris
24. Nate Irving
25. Rahim Moore
26. C.J Davis
27. Eric Davis
28. Zane Beadles
29. JD Walton
30. Jacob Hester
31. Manuel Ramirez
32. Orlando Franklin
33. Demaryius Thomas
34. Andre Caldwell
35. Robert Ayers
36. Caleb Hanie
37. Knowshon Moreno
38. Wesley Woodyard
39. Mike Adams
40 Von Miller
41. Willis McGahee
42. Jacob Tamme
43. Matt Prater
44. Joel Dreessen
45. Joe Mays
46. Chris Kuper
47. DJ Williams
48. Champ Bailey
49 Elvis Dumervil
50. Peyton Manning

If I read one more quote with Lonestar saying we only have 35 or 37 players under contract I'm going to flip out. All those players have a contract for NEXT SEASON
So show me the money. They are owed.

At the time I did the numbers there were 35. And since then to the best of my knowledge they have signed 10 player to future contracts.

If they signed more folks than the 35 accounted for then those dollars have to come out of the cap money of 18.5.

Show me how much they signed for and how much we have left.

This is what sport track has.
Code:
Player	Contract	End Year	Free Agent
Peyton Manning at
Quarterback
5 yr/$96,000,000	
Elvis Dumervil at
Defensive End
6 yr/$61,500,000	
Champ Bailey at
Cornerback
4 yr/$43,000,000	
D.J. Williams at
Linebacker
6 yr/$32,000,000	
Chris Kuper at
Guard
6 yr/$28,012,000	
Von Miller at
Linebacker
4 yr/$21,000,380	
Ryan Clady at
Tackle
5 yr/$17,500,000	
Knowshon Moreno at
Running Back
5 yr/$16,700,000	
Robert Ayers at
Defensive End
5 yr/$15,500,000	
Matt Prater at
Kicker
4 yr/$13,000,000	
Demaryius Thomas at
Wide Receiver
5 yr/$12,155,000	
Joe Mays at
Linebacker
3 yr/$12,000,000	
Willis McGahee at
Running Back
4 yr/$9,500,000	
Joel Dreessen at
Tight End
3 yr/$8,500,000	
Jacob Tamme at
Tight End
3 yr/$8,000,000	
Derek Wolfe at
Defensive End
4 yr/$6,247,675	
Kevin Vickerson at
Defensive Tackle
2 yr/$4,750,000	
Rahim Moore at
Safety
4 yr/$4,448,000	
Orlando Franklin at
Tackle
4 yr/$4,350,000	
Zane Beadles at
Guard
4 yr/$4,171,000	
Mike Adams at
Safety
2 yr/$4,000,000	
Tracy Porter at
Cornerback
1 yr/$4,000,000	
Wesley Woodyard at
Linebacker
2 yr/$3,500,000	
Brock Osweiler at
Quarterback
4 yr/$3,100,000	
Ronnie Hillman at
Running Back
4 yr/$3,000,000	
Nate Irving at
Linebacker
4 yr/$2,735,000	
J.D. Walton at
Center
4 yr/$2,588,500	
Omar Bolden at
Cornerback
4 yr/$2,574,428	
Philip Blake at
Center
4 yr/$2,554,000	
Eric Decker at
Wide Receiver
4 yr/$2,522,150	
Quinton Carter at
Safety
4 yr/$2,490,000	
Julius Thomas at
Tight End
4 yr/$2,420,000	
Malik Jackson at
Defensive End
4 yr/$2,313,600	
Caleb Hanie at
Quarterback
2 yr/$2,250,000	
David Bruton at
Safety
4 yr/$2,232,400	
Danny Trevathan at
Linebacker
4 yr/$2,204,072	
Virgil Green at
Tight End
4 yr/$2,160,000	
Andre Caldwell at
Wide Receiver
2 yr/$1,800,000	
Ty Warren at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$1,500,000	
Steven Johnson at
Linebacker
3 yr/$1,452,000	
Aaron Brewer at
Long Snapper, Linebacker
3 yr/$1,444,000	
Jacob Hester at
Running Back
2 yr/$1,415,000	
Manuel Ramirez at
Guard
2 yr/$1,415,000	
Mario Fannin at
Running Back
3 yr/$1,405,000	
Chris Harris at
Cornerback
3 yr/$1,398,000	
Matt Willis at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$1,260,000	
Chris Gronkowski at
Running Back
3 yr/$1,215,000	
C.J. Davis at
Guard
2 yr/$1,020,000	
Justin Bannan at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$1,000,000	
Keith Brooking at
Linebacker
1 yr/$1,000,000	
Brandon Stokley at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$925,000	
Gerell Robinson at
Wide Receiver
2 yr/$900,000	
Jim Leonhard at
Safety
1 yr/$890,000	
Trindon Holliday at
Kick Returner
2 yr/$870,000	
Sealver Siliga at
Defensive Tackle
2 yr/$870,000	
Dan Koppen at
Center
1 yr/$825,000	
Jason Hunter at
Defensive End
1 yr/$700,000	
Tony Carter at
Cornerback
1 yr/$615,000	
Lance Ball at
Running Back
1 yr/$540,000	
Chris Clark at
Tackle
1 yr/$540,000	
Britton Colquitt at
Punter
1 yr/$540,000	
Duke Ihenacho at
Cornerback
1 yr/$480,000	
Jeremiah Johnson at
Running Back
1 yr/$480,000	
Mitch Unrein at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$415,000	
Ben Garland at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$405,000	
Quentin Saulsberry at
Center
1 yr/$405,000	
Paul Cornick at
Tackle
1 yr/$405,000	
Justin Boren at
Guard
1 yr/$405,000	
Mario Butler at
Cornerback
1 yr/TBD	
Greg Orton at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/TBD	
Dead Money / Buyouts
Andre' Goodman at
Cornerback
2 yr/$1,200,000	
Coryell Judie at
Cornerback
2 yr/$10,000	
Eric Page at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$1,085	
Ty Warren at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$1,250,000	
Jabar Gaffney at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$375,000	
Eric Olsen at
Guard
1 yr/$53,000	
Perrish Cox at
Cornerback
1 yr/$101,000	
Darcel McBath at
Safety
2 yr/$772,000	
Richard Quinn at
Tight End
2 yr/$465,000	
Lonie Paxton at
Long Snapper
2 yr/$365,200	
Austin Wuebbels at
Guard
1 yr/$1,334	
Elliot Coffey at
Linebacker
2 yr/$3,000	
Anthony Miller at
Tight End
2 yr/$5,000	
Mike Remmers at
Tackle
2 yr/$5,000	
Drayton Florence at
Cornerback
1 yr/$1,500,000	
Duke Ihenacho at
Cornerback
1 yr/$8,500	
Jerry Franklin at
Linebacker
1 yr/$10,000	
Ben Garland at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$666	
Wayne Tribue at
Guard
1 yr/$2,000	
Syd'Quan Thompson at
Cornerback
1 yr/$28,424	
Gerell Robinson at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$3,500	
Jamie Blatnick at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$10,000	
Duke Ihenacho at
Cornerback
1 yr/$121,875	
Sorry but doing this on an iPhone this the best I can do for now
Old 01-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #43
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The reason I deleted the thread I started on Clady is because lonestar acted like a petulant ass continuously bickering with people just for the Hell of it. Over a dozen posters on this board have shown him the # of players we have under contract or came up with scenarios where the Broncos can fiddle with their roster and cap (as they have in years past) in order to retain Clady, re-sign UFA, RFA, ERFA and our draft class -- yet he continues to troll and spew nonsense whenever he feels it is appropriate.

The bottom line is this: Lonestar never liked the Clady selecton (despite not watching college football) because he came from Boise State and he questioned the level of competition he faced. [He also called Elvis Dumervil a short midget, who wouldn't ever last in the pros.] Unfortunately, in five years with the Broncos -- Clady has started every game, made 3 Pro-Bowls and been named All-Pro twice. Obviously his worse season was in a shortended off-season due to an injury, but he came back and proved his worth this year.

To even try and suggest that the Broncos would rid themselves of one of their best players on the team just to replace him with a rookie LT is absolutely ludicrous. Furthermore, saying that LT isn't as important to our team because we have Manning is one of the most stupid football takes ever espoused on the Orange Mane.

TROLL.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #44
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Here's how I think it works:

2012 cap was $120M. Our 2012 salary was $120,335,684. tack on $4.68M in dead money and $8.42M in IR'ed salaries, we were at $133.4M. but that's OK because we rolled $26M over from 2011.

That left us essentially $12.6M under the cap, which rolls over into next year.

Clady's 2012 cap number was $5.8M. so, to get him to $12M, we are only going to have to find roughly an additional $6M.

Some guys that could be let go, freeing up some salary:

DJ Williams: 2013 cap: $7.7M. 2013 is his final year under contract - not a whole lot of signing bonus to bring forward.
Tracy Porter: 2012 UFA. his 2012 cap hit was $4M.
Caleb Hanie: 1 year left @ $1M. no signing bonus.
Matt Willis: 2012 salary of $1.26M.
I think Drayton Florence and his $1.5M comes off the books.
Ty Warrens $1.5M most certainly comes off.
Joe Mays has a $4M salary with very little signing bonus to pro-rate. I'm not sure what the impact of cutting him would be. I think his salary doesn't count, but bonus money paid does, which would be about $330K in dead money.

That's about $19M right there. Combine that with the $12M that rolls over, and we have roughly $31M to play with. I'm quite sure they could figure out how to allocate $6M to Clady, and use the remaining $25M to sign rookies and a key FA or two.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #45
NickStixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The reason I deleted the thread I started on Clady is because lonestar acted like a petulant ass continuously bickering with people just for the Hell of it. Over a dozen posters on this board have shown him the # of players we have under contract or came up with scenarios where the Broncos can fiddle with their roster and cap (as they have in years past) in order to retain Clady, re-sign UFA, RFA, ERFA and our draft class -- yet he continues to troll and spew nonsense whenever he feels it is appropriate.

The bottom line is this: Lonestar never liked the Clady selecton (despite not watching college football) because he came from Boise State and he questioned the level of competition he faced. [He also called Elvis Dumervil a short midget, who wouldn't ever last in the pros.] Unfortunately, in five years with the Broncos -- Clady has started every game, made 3 Pro-Bowls and been named All-Pro twice. Obviously his worse season was in a shortended off-season due to an injury, but he came back and proved his worth this year.

To even try and suggest that the Broncos would rid themselves of one of their best players on the team just to replace him with a rookie LT is absolutely ludicrous. Furthermore, saying that LT isn't as important to our team because we have Manning is one of the most stupid football takes ever espoused on the Orange Mane.

TROLL.
Espoused! I like it!

Lonestar let me ask you this... You watched every Broncos game this past year right? I hope at least. I know I did.
Can you really with a straight face say that EVERY single pass play was a simple 3 step drop and Manning just dumped it off? I remember quite a few times where Manning had time to sit in the pocket and throw it down field.
The NFL is a passing league right now. And for a passing league, you typically like to have LT's that can protect the QB's blindside. When you have one of the best in the league at that position, you don't just let him walk.
Go ahead and ask Arizona, Philly, Chicago how much fun it is to not have that.
Clady has had one bad year, when he came back from injury. Much like Jake Long in Miami just had this last year.
He is a top 3 LT. Pay the man.
I'm going to put my faith in the FO of the Broncos to be able to figure out how to pay him and move forward with the team this next year.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #46
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

lonestar,

Would you be open to some kind of wager involving the Broncos ability to sign Clady, all their draft picks, a few of their own FAs who are actually worth re-signing and a handful of outside FAs going for more than the league minimum? Say if they do, you can never again post about the Broncos cap?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #47
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So show me the money. They are owed.

At the time I did the numbers there were 35. And since then to the best of my knowledge they have signed 10 player to future contracts.

If they signed more folks than the 35 accounted for then those dollars have to come out of the cap money of 18.5.

Show me how much they signed for and how much we have left.

This is what sport track has.
Code:
Player	Contract	End Year	Free Agent
Peyton Manning at
Quarterback
5 yr/$96,000,000	
Elvis Dumervil at
Defensive End
6 yr/$61,500,000	
Champ Bailey at
Cornerback
4 yr/$43,000,000	
D.J. Williams at
Linebacker
6 yr/$32,000,000	
Chris Kuper at
Guard
6 yr/$28,012,000	
Von Miller at
Linebacker
4 yr/$21,000,380	
Ryan Clady at
Tackle
5 yr/$17,500,000	
Knowshon Moreno at
Running Back
5 yr/$16,700,000	
Robert Ayers at
Defensive End
5 yr/$15,500,000	
Matt Prater at
Kicker
4 yr/$13,000,000	
Demaryius Thomas at
Wide Receiver
5 yr/$12,155,000	
Joe Mays at
Linebacker
3 yr/$12,000,000	
Willis McGahee at
Running Back
4 yr/$9,500,000	
Joel Dreessen at
Tight End
3 yr/$8,500,000	
Jacob Tamme at
Tight End
3 yr/$8,000,000	
Derek Wolfe at
Defensive End
4 yr/$6,247,675	
Kevin Vickerson at
Defensive Tackle
2 yr/$4,750,000	
Rahim Moore at
Safety
4 yr/$4,448,000	
Orlando Franklin at
Tackle
4 yr/$4,350,000	
Zane Beadles at
Guard
4 yr/$4,171,000	
Mike Adams at
Safety
2 yr/$4,000,000	
Tracy Porter at
Cornerback
1 yr/$4,000,000	
Wesley Woodyard at
Linebacker
2 yr/$3,500,000	
Brock Osweiler at
Quarterback
4 yr/$3,100,000	
Ronnie Hillman at
Running Back
4 yr/$3,000,000	
Nate Irving at
Linebacker
4 yr/$2,735,000	
J.D. Walton at
Center
4 yr/$2,588,500	
Omar Bolden at
Cornerback
4 yr/$2,574,428	
Philip Blake at
Center
4 yr/$2,554,000	
Eric Decker at
Wide Receiver
4 yr/$2,522,150	
Quinton Carter at
Safety
4 yr/$2,490,000	
Julius Thomas at
Tight End
4 yr/$2,420,000	
Malik Jackson at
Defensive End
4 yr/$2,313,600	
Caleb Hanie at
Quarterback
2 yr/$2,250,000	
David Bruton at
Safety
4 yr/$2,232,400	
Danny Trevathan at
Linebacker
4 yr/$2,204,072	
Virgil Green at
Tight End
4 yr/$2,160,000	
Andre Caldwell at
Wide Receiver
2 yr/$1,800,000	
Ty Warren at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$1,500,000	
Steven Johnson at
Linebacker
3 yr/$1,452,000	
Aaron Brewer at
Long Snapper, Linebacker
3 yr/$1,444,000	
Jacob Hester at
Running Back
2 yr/$1,415,000	
Manuel Ramirez at
Guard
2 yr/$1,415,000	
Mario Fannin at
Running Back
3 yr/$1,405,000	
Chris Harris at
Cornerback
3 yr/$1,398,000	
Matt Willis at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$1,260,000	
Chris Gronkowski at
Running Back
3 yr/$1,215,000	
C.J. Davis at
Guard
2 yr/$1,020,000	
Justin Bannan at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$1,000,000	
Keith Brooking at
Linebacker
1 yr/$1,000,000	
Brandon Stokley at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$925,000	
Gerell Robinson at
Wide Receiver
2 yr/$900,000	
Jim Leonhard at
Safety
1 yr/$890,000	
Trindon Holliday at
Kick Returner
2 yr/$870,000	
Sealver Siliga at
Defensive Tackle
2 yr/$870,000	
Dan Koppen at
Center
1 yr/$825,000	
Jason Hunter at
Defensive End
1 yr/$700,000	
Tony Carter at
Cornerback
1 yr/$615,000	
Lance Ball at
Running Back
1 yr/$540,000	
Chris Clark at
Tackle
1 yr/$540,000	
Britton Colquitt at
Punter
1 yr/$540,000	
Duke Ihenacho at
Cornerback
1 yr/$480,000	
Jeremiah Johnson at
Running Back
1 yr/$480,000	
Mitch Unrein at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$415,000	
Ben Garland at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$405,000	
Quentin Saulsberry at
Center
1 yr/$405,000	
Paul Cornick at
Tackle
1 yr/$405,000	
Justin Boren at
Guard
1 yr/$405,000	
Mario Butler at
Cornerback
1 yr/TBD	
Greg Orton at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/TBD	
Dead Money / Buyouts
Andre' Goodman at
Cornerback
2 yr/$1,200,000	
Coryell Judie at
Cornerback
2 yr/$10,000	
Eric Page at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$1,085	
Ty Warren at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$1,250,000	
Jabar Gaffney at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$375,000	
Eric Olsen at
Guard
1 yr/$53,000	
Perrish Cox at
Cornerback
1 yr/$101,000	
Darcel McBath at
Safety
2 yr/$772,000	
Richard Quinn at
Tight End
2 yr/$465,000	
Lonie Paxton at
Long Snapper
2 yr/$365,200	
Austin Wuebbels at
Guard
1 yr/$1,334	
Elliot Coffey at
Linebacker
2 yr/$3,000	
Anthony Miller at
Tight End
2 yr/$5,000	
Mike Remmers at
Tackle
2 yr/$5,000	
Drayton Florence at
Cornerback
1 yr/$1,500,000	
Duke Ihenacho at
Cornerback
1 yr/$8,500	
Jerry Franklin at
Linebacker
1 yr/$10,000	
Ben Garland at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$666	
Wayne Tribue at
Guard
1 yr/$2,000	
Syd'Quan Thompson at
Cornerback
1 yr/$28,424	
Gerell Robinson at
Wide Receiver
1 yr/$3,500	
Jamie Blatnick at
Defensive Tackle
1 yr/$10,000	
Duke Ihenacho at
Cornerback
1 yr/$121,875	
Sorry but doing this on an iPhone this the best I can do for now
I'm only going to respond to you about this once. I know what spotrac says because I SHOWED you the site. Also I'm not going to do anymore work to prove you are wrong. You are. Get over it and click the sportac link I'm about to show you and you can figure out the money all you want. We have 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 and I will say it again 50 players signed with plenty of cap room. Now you are back to my iggy.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #48
Bmore Manning

I don't think Lonestar grasps that the cap is allocated towards the 53 man roster..

The 35 players under contract, refer to the players whom were on the starting roster for the 2012 season and their cap hit, because the assumption is they will be part of the player count against the salary cap.

http://www.askthecommish.com/SalaryCap/faq.aspx
Old 01-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #49
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lonestar doesn't grasp a lot of things. You didn't hear Peyton Manning b****ing when he had Tarik Glenn protecting his ass for a decade, but somehow Ryan Clady (who is probably a better overall player than Glenn) is piss and not worth of this roster. Like I said, Lonestar's disdain for Clady comes from pre-2008 draft ignorance on them that he has never let go. It is hilarious to see a guy who claims to not see many games talk about the performance of players if he isn't even watching. That has been loneturd's MOS for years.

Last edited by Requiem; 01-24-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #50
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I don't think Lonestar grasps that the cap is allocated towards the 53 man roster..

The 35 players under contract, refer to the players whom were on the starting roster for the 2012 season and their cap hit, because the assumption is they will be part of the player count against the salary cap.

http://www.askthecommish.com/SalaryCap/faq.aspx
plus, there are at least 4 guys out of this 50 that, IMO, are unlikely to be on the 2013 roster at their given salaries:

DJ Williams: $6M
Joe Mays: $4M
Caleb Hanie: $1.25M
Andre Caldwell: $900k

in dead money, cutting these guys could cost:
DJ: $500k in accelerated signing bonus
Mays: $333k
Hanie: $0
Caldwell: $100k

so, cutting these 4 guys saves roughly $11.2M.