The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #51
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
So the Ravens dropping 38 on us, our having an extremely cautious gameplan and playing not to lose instead of to win didn't account for the loss, it was all the refs?

I want an excuse for the loss bit really there isn't one. We played a mediocre game against a highly motivated team that got hot at the perfect time
The main reason we lost is due to refs..there are many other factors(conservative play calling, Rahim Moore etc).
Officiating was bad last week..
I never understand how NFL named Bill Vinovich as a referee in divisional playoff games. He didn't officiate since 2006 and returned the field this year.
It's like he returned this year just to screw broncos..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #52
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

wow what a b1tch
Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #53
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

wow what a b1tch
Brady always been a pússy, can't perform when rushed or pressured on consistent basis, always needs a clean pocket (like any average QB) which makes him look all world, e.g. SB XLVI & XLII proved his faux clutchness. Having said that, this and IIRC a couple other scrables showed his true püssyfucation today.

Brady would be an average QB after all these years if he had an average O line, that and NE D saved his áss in SB XXXVI, and Adam Vinateri in the others.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #54
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

We don't know what would have happened if we played the Pats. If you all don't know by now, it's like Fox said, each of these games has it's own identity and the outcome can be so very different each game. It just depends on how many of your players had a good game or if they made big mistakes. When you get to the top 4 to 6 teams playing in the playoffs, that's what it comes down to. A few bounces go your way, a few calls your way, a few big plays your way and the next thing you know you're moving on and somebody else is going home.

I was pulling for the Falcons. Would have liked to seen Gonzales get his ring.

I don't care who wins it to be honest, if we're out, it makes no difference to me. Just another year we came close but leaving the dance without the prom queen.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #55
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I don't see how any Bronco fan could have been rooting for Baltimore over New England in this one. For starters, Baltimore did not derserve to be there, but were handed victory last week by the refs. Continued Baltimore success spits in the face of justice. Additionally, Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck may be a-holes, but they were never involved in murdering anybody. The media is acting like Ray Lewis is Ghandi, and it's sickening. I'll be a 49er fan for one day.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 01-21-2013 at 07:42 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #56
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Even tho I hate the Ravens, I am glad the Patriots lost today. I wish Tom woulda thrown a few more int's and looked like an ass-clown even more than he did the second half. His pouty face is priceless!
This. I wanted both teams to lose, but if I had to choose one - seeing the Pats lose is good. Plus (I can't really believe I'm going to say it...) go 9ers.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #57
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Man the Ravens pounded them physically...the 'Pats were tenderized yesterday.

Great way to defend the dink and dunk, they catch it, you make 'em pay, notice later in the game, Vereen, Welker, were hearing footsteps?

I could easily see us doing the same thing next year, going on the road and getting it done..oh well...

Looking forward to watching this Super Bowl..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #58
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I also had mixed emotions following the game. On one hand, I am glad the Pats got embarrassed tonight. On the other, I feel the pain of knowing we completely blew an opportunity to get to the SB. Whether or not we would have beat the Pats, idk., but we should have had the chance.

All that said, I feel a lot better now than I did last week. The team that beat us did so by 3pts. and needed a lot of help from the ***hole zebras. Despite that, we had the game won, and we can argue the conservative play calls, but it was breakdowns in the secondary that screwed us in the end(no pun intended),
IMO. That is fixable this offseason.

We got beat by the team that is going to the SB. Tonight's game confirms to me anyway, that we are close. Real close.
I'd be more inclined to agree if having a better shot next year was a halfway sure thing. There are just too many things that can go wrong in a year to feel OK about having pissed away such a golden opportunity. We're not getting any younger next year that's for sure. And other teams don't stand still. You just never know.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #59
CEH
Ring of Famer

For the fifth time since 2007, the Patriots lost in the playoffs as the favorite, and at home or on a neutral field, they have scored 14, 14, 21, 17 and 13 points in those games despite fielding four of the 12 highest-scoring teams in NFL history. These games coming as rematches against teams they scored 38, 27, 14 and 45, 20 and 30 points on in the regular season

This really confirms Elway has the right idea. His first job was to stabilize the defense. This offense can use a tweaking but the defense needs to be stouter up the middle
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #60
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

I find it amusing the attention spent on hate and discontent of other teams.

Where I look at other teams with admiration that are successful, to study how they got that way, lots of folks rejoice in a game they lost.

While I was rooting for BAL in this game it was only follow the team that beat us..

Folks rejoice in NE loss and hope they fall off the face of the earth. They are a damned fine team and will only get better with the upcoming offseason.

So y'all can whine and cry about it all off season. Ahahahahahahaha
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #61
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I don't see how any Bronco fan could have been rooting for Baltimore over New England in this one. For starters, Baltimore did not derserve to be there, but were handed victory last week by the refs. Continued Baltimore success spits in the face of justice. Additionally, Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck may be a-holes, but they were never involved in murdering anybody. The media is acting like Ray Lewis is Ghandi, and it's sickening. I'll be a 49er fan for one day.
whatever
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #62
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #63
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I find it amusing the attention spent on hate and discontent of other teams.

Where I look at other teams with admiration that are successful, to study how they got that way, lots of folks rejoice in a game they lost.

While I was rooting for BAL in this game it was only follow the team that beat us..

Folks rejoice in NE loss and hope they fall off the face of the earth. They are a damned fine team and will only get better with the upcoming offseason.

I guess I see it differently. Part of being a fan for me is rooting for the Broncos and then yes, rooting against other teams.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #64
g6matty

Old 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #65
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
This gif only makes me wonder where Nick's other hand is.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #66
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
We already went that route, got caught taping the 49ers practice in London...and still lost.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #67
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
i got two words for ya... Josh McDaniels.
that's all i need to root against them. plus they're a douche franchise who i hate as much as the Raiders(which i never thought was possible)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #68
CEH
Ring of Famer

Sucks and Thankfully no one was hurt

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ome-nfl-player
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #69
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Football Outsiders also noticed that tender foot Brady needs a clean pocket to be a faux GOAT:

Quote:
Mike Kurtz: The Ravens also did a very good job getting pressure on Brady when he did try to go long, and he was feeling it. Near the end of the game (the play before the interception, I believe) you could see Brady throwing an intermediate route and trying to shield himself as he's throwing it against a defender that was clearly not going to get there. The best way to beat the Patriots has always been to unsettle Brady, and despite the rather unimpressive rush numbers on paper, the Ravens did a great job getting into his head.

Aaron Schatz: I don't think they really did until the end of the game, though. Certainly not in the first half, and not much in the third quarter either.

Danny Tuccitto: Saw a stat from ESPN last night that said Kaepernick led the league in lowest "inaccurate throw" percentage, which I confirmed in the charting for incompletions they gave us. I bring this up because, in answering the question, "How did the best offense in the NFL just score 13 points at home against a mediocre defense?" I can't help but focus on how many inaccurate throws Brady made tonight. I know there were several drops and batted balls, but I can't remember the last time I saw him miss so many open guys. Obviously, the game-ending interception was a glaring underthrow, but there were plenty of others that killed New England (IIRC, Shane Vereen would still be running if Brady didn't throw it behind him on a dumpoff with 11 minutes left).
This is why Elway, Favre, and even Manning should be ranked higher then Brady. Those don't have need a clean pocket to perform and carry their teams to victory. Brady is Drew Bledsoe 2.0

Last edited by El Minion; 01-21-2013 at 06:35 PM..
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #70
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Sucks and Thankfully no one was hurt

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ome-nfl-player
All this dude does is win Super Bowl's, and I never heard of him. Born in Denver, and went to TJ...who knew?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #71
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Patriots are not dead. Next pre-season, the AFC superbowl favorites will be either Denver or New England.

Here is what NE is going to do:

1. Let Welker walk. The Patriots don't keep their stars, outside of Brady and Wilfork.

2. Find a viable deep threat. They want what they had in Moss in 2007 - someone who can stretch defenses and open up the middle.

3. install as their base offensive formation a 3 TE set. This would be absolutely revolutionary - no one passes consistently out of a 13 formation, but that's what NE will do. Hernandez (62-250) gives them the versatility to do this, as he is stout enough to play FB if they want to load up in the back-field, and spry enough to line up as a WR. The TE's would be Gronkowski (6-6, 265) and Ballard (6-6, 256).

I don't see any way a conventional defense wouldn't have trouble with a line-up like that if the WR was a halfway reliable speedster. There will be a CB on one of their TE's, and with 2 TE's being 6-6, they will have a pretty severe height advantage and certainly a size advantage. The other two TE's will have to deal with LB's, Hernandez and Gronk are both mismatches for most LB's there as well. As much as their 2 TE set + welker stretches a defense, a 3TE set would be much worse and would improve their running game.

Last edited by mwill07; 01-23-2013 at 07:56 AM..
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #72
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Patriots are not dead. Next pre-season, the AFC superbowl favorites will be either Denver or New England.

Here is what NE is going to do:

1. Let Welker walk. The Patriots don't keep their stars, outside of Brandy and Wilfork.

2. Find a viable deep threat. They want what they had in Moss in 2007 - someone who can stretch defenses and open up the middle.

3. install as their base offensive formation a 3 TE set. This would be absolutely revolutionary - no one passes consistently out of a 13 formation, but that's what NE will do. Hernandez (62-250) gives them the versatility to do this, as he is stout enough to play FB if they want to load up in the back-field, and spry enough to line up as a WR. The TE's would be Gronkowski (6-6, 265) and Ballard (6-6, 256).

I don't see any way a conventional defenses wouldn't have trouble with a line-up like that if the one WR was a halfway reliable speedster. There will be a CB on one of their TE's, and with 2 TE's being 6-6, they will have a pretty severe height advantage and certainly a size advantage. The other two TE's will have to deal with LB's, Hernandez and Gronk are both mismatches for most LB's there as well. As much as their 2 TE set + welker stretches a defense, a 3TE set would be much worse and would improve their running game.
WR....the Achilles heel of the NE scouting department.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #73
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Pats land Armond Armstead...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ording-sources
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #74
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #75
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

wow what a b1tch
What a b****? Why? They did the same crap to us last week and got away with it... WITHOUT APOLOGY.

He shouldn't have apologized.