The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #76
BroncoBeavis

I decided to look back since this was before my time, but this thread was totally full of "respect the womenz" win.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...45#post2057345

Old 01-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #77
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I have been specific and I've repeated it more than once. I haven't been vague at all. What gain is there in pretending I haven't been?
You are refusing to be specific regarding the stereotypes you claim her behavior supposedly confirms. Why do you refuse to tell us what those stereotypes are?

Quote:
If you're saying my criticism of her is wrong, then tell us why it's wrong to criticize her. Further, is it wrong to criticize her regardless if the criticism is accurate? As I've said, what should be up to criticism here is her poor public behavior, not people's criticism of it. As such, you're indirectly excusing her poor behavior.
Well, for one thing, we don't know what Boehner said to Mrs. Obama. For all you know, she might have rolled her eyes in commiseration to whatever he said. Or maybe he made an entirely inappropriate remark, in which case an eye-roll might be justified. Or, in your view, is there nothing that Boehner could have said that would justify that response? And, in any case, why would rolling her eyes at Boehner in any way confirm black stereotypes? What specific stereotype are you refering to? You refuse to say.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 01-23-2013 at 10:09 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #78
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You are refusing to be specific regarding the stereotypes you claim her behavior supposedly confirms. Why do you refuse to tell us what those stereotypes are?
Because he's a chicken****.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #79
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Hardly a non sequitur. The racism oozes throughout your comments.
Declaring something so doesn't make it so. You still haven't even addressed whether or not my observations of her eye rolling repeatedly in open disrespect of people of high office is a negative stereotype or not. It is. You know it. I know it. She's acting like crap and needs to knock it off.

Quote:
Because you explicitly made her behavior tied to her race, to wit:

Not only is your comment bigoted, it's sexist.
Yes, I'm a female and every time I don't kiss feminist ass, I am accused of "hating my gender." Yadda yadda.

I haven't tied anything anywhere. I didn't invent the stereotype. I don't think it's in appropriate to point out she shouldn't be acting like a walking stereotype. She displays little manners and needs to have some respect and knock it off. Not one person has yet explained to me why saying that is wrong.

Let's face it: Regardless of how I package my criticism of her behavior, people are going to attack me because I criticize her, period.

Where were you and yours when Obama was racebaiting against middle America with his "bitter clingers" slurs? Were you and yours howling, "MISTER OBAMA, WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY THAT EXACTLY??!! WHY DID YOU JUST SAY THAT ABOUT MIDDLE AMERICA??!!"

Here we go again into double standard land.

Liberals: Morally bankrupt. Who knew?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #80
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Declaring something so doesn't make it so. You still haven't even addressed whether or not my observations of her eye rolling repeatedly in open disrespect of people of high office is a negative stereotype or not. It is. You know it. I know it. She's acting like crap and needs to knock it off.
What's the "negative stereotype about black female behavior" that Ms. Obama represents?

Explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Yes, I'm a female
Yeah, right.

Quote:
I haven't tied anything anywhere. I didn't invent the stereotype. I don't think it's in appropriate to point out she shouldn't be acting like a walking stereotype.
Which is what? Explain.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #81
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

Well, for one thing, we don't know what Boehner said to Mrs. Obama. For all you know, she might have rolled her eyes in commiseration to whatever he said. Or maybe he made an entirely inappropriate remark, in which case an eye-roll might be justified. Or, in your view, is there nothing that Boehner could have said that would justify that response? And, in any case, why would rolling her eyes at Boehner in any way confirm black stereotypes? What specific stereotype or you refering to? You refuse to say.
Oh this is genius.

So 1) You claim I refuse to explain the stereotype she's behaving as, but 2) You admit I have explained it by trying to defend and justify her eye rolling at Boehner.

You get today's Golf Clap Award!

No, there's never justification for behaving that way in public. You're trying to excuse her ****ty behavior.

Frankly, if you don't know what stereotype that conforms to, you live a very sheltered life.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #82
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
What's the "negative stereotype about black female behavior" that Ms. Obama represents?

Explain.
I already have. Several times now, in fact.

I assume you're reading along with this thread and are here more to do more than just duck when people expect you to justify your labeling.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #83
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I haven't tied anything anywhere. I didn't invent the stereotype. I don't think it's in appropriate to point out she shouldn't be acting like a walking stereotype. She displays little manners and needs to have some respect and knock it off. Not one person has yet explained to me why saying that is wrong.
We're still waiting for you to tell us what black stereotype(s) you're talking about. You're being vague on that point. Why?

Quote:
Let's face it: Regardless of how I package my criticism of her behavior, people are going to attack me because I criticize her, period.
Bull. You brought up the issue of race (i.e. Mrs. Obama's behavior confirms black stereotypes), and when asked to be specific (what black stereotypes are you talking about? how does her behavior confirm said stereotype?), you've refused to answer (despite your dishonest claims to the contrary). In short, not only are you a racist, you're a coward as well.

Quote:
Liberals: Morally bankrupt. Who knew?
Right-wingers: unapologetic racists. Who knew?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #84
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Frankly, if you don't know what stereotype that conforms to, you live a very sheltered life.
"If you don't know, I'm not gonna tell you" is right from the elementary school playground.

Grow the **** up.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #85
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I already have. Several times now, in fact.
You've explained nothing - you're merely repeated your claim without explaining it at all.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #86
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oh this is genius.

So 1) You claim I refuse to explain the stereotype she's behaving as, but 2) You admit I have explained it by trying to defend and justify her eye rolling at Boehner.

You get today's Golf Clap Award!

No, there's never justification for behaving that way in public. You're trying to excuse her ****ty behavior.

Yes, you did describe a behavior of Mrs. Obama you found offensive. However, you've continually refused to tell us what specific stereotype that behavior confirms. That's what you are being asked to do: show us the connection between the behavior you've taken issue with and whatever stereotype it is you think it confirms. "Black stereotypes" isn't specific.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #87
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You've explained nothing - you're merely repeated your claim without explaining it at all.
Such as in other discussions on other topics, you tend to ignore in toto sometimes lengthy explanations because you don't like them. I didn't play games with you then, and I won't now.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #88
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Yes, you did describe a behavior of Mrs. Obama you found offensive. However, you've continually refused to tell us what specific stereotype that behavior confirms. That's what you are being asked to do: show us the connection between the behavior you've taken issue with and whatever stereotype it is you think it confirms. "Black stereotypes" isn't specific.
If your reading comprehension is this poor, I really can't help you. I shouldn't have to get out a chisel and bang it into your forehead.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #89
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So, if Boehner said, "Your ass looks nice in that dress, sweet cheeks," Mrs. Obama would not be justified in an eye-roll? We'll have to agree to disagree. Disparaging her conduct is meaningless without context (i.e. what did Boehner say to her).

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 01-23-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #90
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If your reading comprehension is this poor, I really can't help you. I shouldn't have to get out a chisel and bang it into your forehead.
Translation: Not only are you a racist, but you're a coward, too.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #91
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Such as in other discussions on other topics, you tend to ignore in toto sometimes lengthy explanations because you don't like them. I didn't play games with you then, and I won't now.
You're just a coward.

You laid down a big loaf of ****, and now you're trying to pretend it doesn't smell.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #92
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I'll try to help you again, nyuk: You claim that Mrs. Obama's eye-roll to Boehner is a confirmation of a black stereotype. To what black stereotype are you referring?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #93
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
So, if Boehner said, "Your ass looks nice in that dress, sweet cheeks," Mrs. Obama would not be justified in an eye-roll? We'll have to agree to disagree. Disparaging her conduct is meaningless without context (i.e. what did Boehner say to her).
And you know full well no such thing happened so why the CYA? And if you're going to call names, ie "racist," justify the label.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #94
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You're just a coward.

You laid down a big loaf of ****, and now you're trying to pretend it doesn't smell.
If all else fails, retreat to name-calling like you always do. Thread after thread, month after month.

At least you aren't trying to bolster yourself by copy and pasting unsourced bull**** from leftist websites. I think the good Lord for that one.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #95
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I'll try to help you again, nyuk: You claim that Mrs. Obama's eye-roll to Boehner is a confirmation of a black stereotype. To what black stereotype are you referring?
The one where black women don't find John Boehner attractive. It's actually a thing. Kind of a DC urban legend.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #96
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And you know full well no such thing happened so why the CYA?
I don't have any clue what Boehner said to her, nor do you. While it may not be likely that he made the above comment (you said "nothing" would justify such behavior, hence that over-the-top example), there are any number of comments he could have made which might make her reaction understandable. Maybe he said, "damn, the dinner sucked tonight, huh" and she rolled her eyes in commiseration. Who the hell knows? It's impossible for a reasonable person to judge without the appropriate knowledge of what he said.

Of course, it wasn't so much you taking umbrage with the eye-roll that captured anyones notice. It was your assertion that it somehow confirms stereotypes about black people. You've since refused to specify what that stereotype is. I'm not familiar with any stereotypes that say black people are especially fond of rolling their eyes, so you must mean something else?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #97
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I decided to look back since this was before my time, but this thread was totally full of "respect the womenz" win.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...45#post2057345

Yes, they also questioned Palin's parenting skills as well. Definite respect knuckles in order, here.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #98
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If all else fails, retreat to name-calling like you always do. Thread after thread, month after month.
How is calling what you did an instance of name-calling?

You put a sexist and racist comment out there, have claimed to have justified it (when you've done no such thing), and are now working your way down to the core of the planet in your haste.

Quote:
At least you aren't trying to bolster yourself by copy and pasting unsourced bull**** from leftist websites. I think the good Lord for that one.
Deflection. Pathetic attempt, too.

Just what is the "negative stereotype about black female behavior" that Ms. Obama embodied?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #99
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes, they also questioned Palin's parenting skills as well.
We questioned her parenting skills in the context of her belief system.

But enough of Palin's "do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do" hypocrisy.

How did Ms. Obama embody the "negative stereotype about black female behavior"?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #100
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I don't have any clue what Boehner said to her, nor do you. While it may not be likely that he made the above comment (you said "nothing" would justify such behavior, hence that over-the-top example), there are any number of comments he could have made which might make her reaction understandable. Maybe he said, "damn, the dinner sucked tonight, huh" and she rolled her eyes in commiseration. Who the hell knows? It's impossible for a reasonable person to judge without the appropriate knowledge of what he said.

Of course, it wasn't so much you taking umbrage with the eye-roll that captured anyones notice. It was your assertion that it somehow confirms stereotypes about black people. You've since refused to specify what that stereotype is. I'm not familiar with any stereotypes that say black people are especially fond of rolling their eyes, so you must mean something else?
First of all, it's already come out what the conversation was about. Basically nothing. He was joking with her husband. The president was smiling, if you cared to notice.

She wasn't smiling, she had a "**** you, idiot" air about her. Perhaps again, you have perception issues.

I'm sure you'd be just as quick to defend someone if they had an R behind their name and they reacted to Michelle the way she did Boehner. We know what a moral stalwart you are.

Alas! The crime is revealed!

Larry Wenig, a lip-reading expert, told the CBC show Inside Edition that his analysis indicates Boehner asked the president if he had a cigarette before the Monday luncheon. According to Wenig, Boehner was referring to Michelle when he quipped to the commander in chief, “Somebody won’t let you do it.”