The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #51
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Very sad..
The officiating crew should apologize to broncos and their fans for what they did.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #52
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

It's always much harder to live with the bad call when you team loses but the NFL is far from being perfect and you can almost expect a few bad calls to go your way going into the game. Same with the NBA, there are just so many judgement calls that happen so fast. You love the NFL for what it is but you hate it sometimes for what it is, if that makes any sense.

Hopefully next year when we are in the playoffs this sad group of refs are not calling any of our games.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #53
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I was at a bar watching the game... it didn't really sink in until a couple of days ago how bad Decker was mugged on that play. Unbelievable.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #54
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
It's always much harder to live with the bad call when you team loses but the NFL is far from being perfect and you can almost expect a few bad calls to go your way going into the game. Same with the NBA, there are just so many judgement calls that happen so fast. You love the NFL for what it is but you hate it sometimes for what it is, if that makes any sense.

Hopefully next year when we are in the playoffs this sad group of refs are not calling any of our games.
The NBA is fixed.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #55
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbrugh View Post
Its hard to win games when the refs destroy momentum over and over again!
I agree with this. Refs played a huge role in the outcome of our game. The stat sheet says Manning had 3 turnovers...however, none of them should have even happened. How anyone could put him on a list of why we lost is beyond me. My list goes:

1) Refs
2) Defense
3) Coaching

The refs had a trickling down effect. No pick 6, no Manning fumble etc 2 and 3 aren't even on the list and we're playing NE at home tomorrow.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #56
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Being a biased Bronco fan I did see some calls that could have been made against the crows that were not and a play or two against the Broncos that should not have been called..

That said I have said all year I did not think we had the players to win it all this year.. we lack a star at DT, MLB and I think KUper was playing hurt again..

We need to beef the OL up in the middle about 15+ pounds per guy just to stop the push by the DL and maybe even open a few more 3rd and short holes that we have been unable to do since our last super bowl team on a consistent basis..

I said this during the game itself, as I have said for the past 50 years wait till next year..

Hopefully we will be able to address those items listed in teh draft as well as off season..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #57
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Putting Manning as TWO on that list is ****ing absurd. In regulation, 100+ rating, 3tds, good fourth quarter drive. And his two turnovers shouldn't have ever been turnovers. But yes, he was number 2. Sure.
I strongly disagree!

Last edited by Hamrob; 01-19-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #58
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Putting Manning as TWO on that list is ****ing absurd. In regulation, 100+ rating, 3tds, good fourth quarter drive. And his two turnovers shouldn't have ever been turnovers. But yes, he was number 2. Sure.
I think you guys need to take off your #18 glasses for a few seconds and actually compare that game (the biggest of the year) against...the rest of his regular season games. Next to Atlanta, it was his worst game.

Sure, take the Decker play away....which was a bad throw by the way, and you still have a fumble and a terrible INT in OT (when it mattered most). That's not even to mention....(but I will) the fact that he didn't even try to get the ball to DT (3 catches) against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL! Nor, did he even try to push the ball down the field.

Say whatever the Heck you like....and I'm a huge Manning fan................He pissed the bed in the most important game of the year.

What did the Broncos need to prevent in order to win the game Do not turn the ball over. Guess what....who was the only one to turn the ball over?

The secondary killed us, but Manning shot us in the foot when it mattered most! He had some very nice TD throws...but, he fumbled, threw Int's and played way too conservative to win a playoff game.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #59
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Manning clearly struggled in the cold. His command was off and he really struggled with accuracy.

It makes me nervous that the cold aggravates his injury.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #60
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

the officiating was a joke in that game

between the mugging of Decker and the non call on the trip on Thomas; just an abortion of a game all around
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 AM   #61
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

i know i got all kinds of flak for saying i didnt see the dif between the replacement refs and the regs. the replay system is designed to sell more beer and cars than to get a call right. anyone (which is everyone nowadays) can replay their dvr ten times before the first damn commercial.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #62
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Aside from the obvious PI, one thing I've noticed in that clip that I haven't seen mentioned is, it looks like someone ran a bad route (Stokley?).

A route is being run too close behind Decker, which is why there happened to be 3 guys in the area. The guy that was covering the other receiver was close enough to make a play on the tipped ball. I doubt those guys were supposed to be 5 yards from each other.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #63
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I still don't understand how NFL can field incompetent officials in a divisional playoff game.
Officiating was good in remaining three playoff games..

Will not be surprised if the ref's earned millions last week.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #64
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I think you guys need to take off your #18 glasses for a few seconds and actually compare that game (the biggest of the year) against...the rest of his regular season games. Next to Atlanta, it was his worst game.

Sure, take the Decker play away....which was a bad throw by the way, and you still have a fumble and a terrible INT in OT (when it mattered most). That's not even to mention....(but I will) the fact that he didn't even try to get the ball to DT (3 catches) against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL! Nor, did he even try to push the ball down the field.

Say whatever the Heck you like....and I'm a huge Manning fan................He pissed the bed in the most important game of the year.

What did the Broncos need to prevent in order to win the game Do not turn the ball over. Guess what....who was the only one to turn the ball over?

The secondary killed us, but Manning shot us in the foot when it mattered most! He had some very nice TD throws...but, he fumbled, threw Int's and played way too conservative to win a playoff game.
Don't forget the fumble in the 3rd qtr that was nullified by a Baltimore penalty

4 turnovers from the QB position in a playoff game is pretty hard to ignore
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #65
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:

That's how it is around here, there will always be the untouchable, sacred cows, that nothing bad can ever be said of.

Conversely, there are guys that if you say anything good about, you will get ripped for saying it.

Manning had far from his best game, and no, he didn't have the game won, because if he did, we would be playing this week. The offense only had 7 points after halftime. That obviously is not going to win you many playoff games, so who gets the blame for that? Of course Manning has to shoulder most of that blame, since he's the captain of the offense, the potential MVP of the league. He cannot get a pass. He had his opportunities in OT, but we only had around 50 yards total offense. And then of course the interception to lose it.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #66
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Manning was never clutch in playoff games..We also lost due to Fox play calling.
That being said..we would have won the game if the officials were impartial.

Who the hell's idea is to have those officials in an NFL game(let alone in playoffs).
Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #67
DaFace
Resident Chiefs Lurker

Yep.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bronco fans should never be allowed to make fun of other teams' fans complaining about the officials again.
DaFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #68
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Bronco fans should never be allowed to make fun of other teams' fans complaining about the officials again.
How's that?

We were ****ing robbed. If you weren't an inbred hick, you might be able to see that.

(See, because inbreeding can cause a whole host of problems, including issues with vision.)
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #69
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Media would be talking about officiating if it was done against teams like NE/Giants
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #70
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
This sounds like someone who read the box score and did not watch the game.
Actually, you sound like someone who not only didn't watch the game...but, doesn't have a mind of his own.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #71
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Manning was never clutch in playoff games..We also lost due to Fox play calling.
That being said..we would have won the game if the officials were impartial.

Who the hell's idea is to have those officials in an NFL game(let alone in playoffs).
Got to remember that in the past Manning had zip for a defense they had to out score the other team. When you get into the playoffs most teams are pretty good teams and usually every matched.

So blaming Manning in the past for having a losing record as being the boy reason they lost. Is well at best weak.

We lost last week because we had no control of the LOS on either side of it. Their revamped OL flat beat up on our smaller guys. While we pretty mich stopped the running game. They did not allow our vaunted pass rushers near flacko. When he has time to throw like Brady, he will kill you with the long ball.

As for our OL we were out weighed by a bunch and were being manhandled.

Add about 15-20 pounds of muscle n the interior OL and we should be fine for next year.

Also Kuper was not ready to play last week, and frankly he may never be the bruiser he used to be.

I think Clady is over rated and we should look long and hard about giving him the keys to Pats owners box and perhaps be looking for a cheaper better run blocking guy as he got his ass handed to him on several occasions.

Fix the LOS issues and we will be contenders for a long time.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #72
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Actually, you sound like someone who not only didn't watch the game...but, doesn't have a mind of his own.
Uh, you have to be nuts to put the refs #5. The only thing that is funny is your view on reality. What I saw was:

1. Our WR getting speared a good two steps before the ball was delivered on at least three occasions including the pick-6.-
2. Offensive pass interference on at least one of Champ's TD's given up.
3. Champ did not PI in overtime that lead to Boldin's catch that was not a catch.
4. Our D-line was constantly held.

For these reasons, your #5 should be #1.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #73
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
How's that?

We were ****ing robbed. If you weren't an inbred hick, you might be able to see that.

(See, because inbreeding can cause a whole host of problems, including issues with vision.)
Sounds like family smack to me.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #74
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Got to remember that in the past Manning had zip for a defense they had to out score the other team. When you get into the playoffs most teams are pretty good teams and usually every matched.

So blaming Manning in the past for having a losing record as being the boy reason they lost. Is well at best weak.

We lost last week because we had no control of the LOS on either side of it. Their revamped OL flat beat up on our smaller guys. While we pretty mich stopped the running game. They did not allow our vaunted pass rushers near flacko. When he has time to throw like Brady, he will kill you with the long ball.

As for our OL we were out weighed by a bunch and were being manhandled.

Add about 15-20 pounds of muscle n the interior OL and we should be fine for next year.

Also Kuper was not ready to play last week, and frankly he may never be the bruiser he used to be.

I think Clady is over rated and we should look long and hard about giving him the keys to Pats owners box and perhaps be looking for a cheaper better run blocking guy as he got his ass handed to him on several occasions.

Fix the LOS issues and we will be contenders for a long time.
They're gonna keep on holding Von and Doom until they get flagged for it. They didn't get flagged for it; simple as that.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #75
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
They're gonna keep on holding Von and Doom until they get flagged for it. They didn't get flagged for it; simple as that.
I will not disagree with you, on this. But if you send more Bodies than they have bodies holding you get to the QB.

We did not, we lost.

Get some real beefy DTs that take double teaming to stop and someone gets a free shot at the QB.

Let hope that John, JDR and John get that handled in the offseason. Until we do we lose in the playoffs.

Please note that the better Dls will win today. It is not the players behind them but the DLs that disrupt the run and harass the passer.

If you have to blitz to get to him, good QBs you see in the playoffs will make you pay.

As mikey always said each year in his EOS presser we are one or two players away. DT and OG.